REMATCH SOUTH WEBSTER vs. WHEELERSBURG @ Burg Fri.1/26/24 (Burg's Homecoming)

Spalding22
Riding the Bench

Re: REMATCH SOUTH WEBSTER vs. WHEELERSBURG @ Burg Fri.1/26/24 (Burg's Homecoming)

Post by Spalding22 »

RBH23 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:50 pm
Spalding22 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:18 pm
RBH23 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:15 pm

Your “subjective opinion” is that Burg is “pompous, arrogant…” yet they are not on this thread talking about how great they are. It’s some of the Webster fans doing that.
No, my subjective opinion is that SW is that SW is 8-12 points better than wheelersburg, which is not that far fetched considering they were up 12 and 14 points in both games they’ve played. However, after the announcers made the “Super Bowl” comment, which was indeed pompous and arrogant, and it seemed to fit the areas stereotype of wheelersburg. Maybe fire the commentator, or I suppose the board, a long with the wheelersburg faithful are ratifying his comments.
Burg beat Webster by 10. Webster beat Burg by 7 in OT.
I see how you came up with SW being 8-12 points better. Must be Webster math. 🤦‍♂️

Again, Burg fans haven’t been talking smack and giving clueless subjective opinions about how great their program is compared to others. It’s been Webster dominating that conversation. At least be honest about your smack talk. Own your arrogance.
A fine example of not every great player can coach or assess talent. Clueless? You can throw all the salt you wish, even the endless supply of road salt you have a long 52, but the Jeeps will withstand the salt storm. Better hope Lattimore has some Trey Calvin in him.

Spalding22
Riding the Bench

Re: REMATCH SOUTH WEBSTER vs. WHEELERSBURG @ Burg Fri.1/26/24 (Burg's Homecoming)

Post by Spalding22 »

wobycat wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:58 pm
RBH23 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:15 pm

Your “subjective opinion” is that Burg is “pompous, arrogant…” yet they are not on this thread talking about how great they are. It’s some of the Webster fans doing that.
No, my subjective opinion is that SW is that SW is 8-12 points better than wheelersburg, which is not that far fetched considering they were up 12 and 14 points in both games they’ve played. However, after the announcers made the “Super Bowl” comment, which was indeed pompous and arrogant, and it seemed to fit the areas stereotype of wheelersburg. Maybe fire the commentator, or I suppose the board, a long with the wheelersburg faithful are ratifying his comments.
You’re offended by that comment?

Aside from that being a common comment heard in many broadcasts in all levels, similar to “they will get everyone’s best shot” , did you listen to anything positive said about the jeeps. I’ve heard many broadcasts from burg media, and they are always complimentary of other teams and their players.

I am assuming that the burg - webster broadcast was no different along with the assumption you will not admit that they did.
There were positive comments, but that comment was enough to overshadow the compliments. It revealed the true mindset of the announcer. It was a sore loser comment. They should replace whichever announcer made it.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Spalding22 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:00 am

Aside from that being a common comment heard in many broadcasts in all levels, similar to “they will get everyone’s best shot” , did you listen to anything positive said about the jeeps. I’ve heard many broadcasts from burg media, and they are always complimentary of other teams and their players.

I am assuming that the burg - webster broadcast was no different along with the assumption you will not admit that they did.
There were positive comments, but that comment was enough to overshadow the compliments. It revealed the true mindset of the announcer. It was a sore loser comment. They should replace whichever announcer made it.
I think you know who said it but lack the strength to call the individual and voice your concerns.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

We need someone to transfer to Ironton so we can get people off this thread.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

TigerBob wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:02 pm We need someone to transfer to Ironton so we can get people off this thread.
LOL!!

Difference between debating with South Webster versus Ironton fans? At least Ironton fans can back their talk up. They have a reason to be cocky.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Our Super Bowl is day one of the portal.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

TigerBob wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:21 pm Our Super Bowl is day one of the portal.
Haven’t heard much about Ironton and the portal, although it’s early still. :)

522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

TigerBob wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:02 pm We need someone to transfer to Ironton so we can get people off this thread.
😂😂😂

Spalding22
Riding the Bench

Post by Spalding22 »

wobycat wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:02 pm

I think you know who said it but lack the strength to call the individual and voice your concerns.

Lack of strength? I'm sorry it took me weeks to reply, my ego was at an all time low after i read that statement. I was just reporting and analyzing a statement made on a public platform. No confrontation required to the person who said it. I am not a part of the Wheelersburg aristocracy.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Spalding22 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:41 am

Lack of strength? I'm sorry it took me weeks to reply, my ego was at an all time low after i read that statement. I was just reporting and analyzing a statement made on a public platform. No confrontation required to the person who said it. I am not a part of the Wheelersburg aristocracy.
No, even though you agreed of the many positive comments the announcer made, you only selectively reported the one and only comment that wasn't even close to being derogatory in nature and exploited it out, as if you were looking for an opportunity to do so. And now, you intentionally with arrogance call out an entire community by classifying Wheelersburg sarcastically and more than likely with a hint of malice. If that is the case, you define yourself as the same person you call out.

Spalding22
Riding the Bench

Post by Spalding22 »

wobycat wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:02 pm

No, even though you agreed of the many positive comments the announcer made, you only selectively reported the one and only comment that wasn't even close to being derogatory in nature and exploited it out, as if you were looking for an opportunity to do so. And now, you intentionally with arrogance call out an entire community by classifying Wheelersburg sarcastically and more than likely with a hint of malice. If that is the case, you define yourself as the same person you call out.
A referee can call a spectacular game, but then ruin the entire game with one bad call, can they not? The truth is, if you talk long enough, or emotions are provoked, one can show their true nature. Any team beating Wheelersburg shouldn't warrant "everyone's super bowl" on a school streaming broadcast. If you are mad at me for stating a fact and observing the fact on a public platform, well i don't know what to say. No ill intent, I just would like to see public school media have integrity and refrain from using trash-talk similar to that of a 12 year old playing backyard tackle football. It is done and over with. Hopefully the announcers at Wheelerburg can rebound. I am rooting for them. No malice here, i just would like them to defy the stereotype.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Spalding22 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:09 pm

A referee can call a spectacular game, but then ruin the entire game with one bad call, can they not? The truth is, if you talk long enough, or emotions are provoked, one can show their true nature. Any team beating Wheelersburg shouldn't warrant "everyone's super bowl" on a school streaming broadcast. If you are mad at me for stating a fact and observing the fact on a public platform, well i don't know what to say. No ill intent, I just would like to see public school media have integrity and refrain from using trash-talk similar to that of a 12 year old playing backyard tackle football. It is done and over with. Hopefully the announcers at Wheelerburg can rebound. I am rooting for them. No malice here, i just would like them to defy the stereotype.
just out of curiosity, in your opinion, if you asked any webster team and the community who on their schedule they would enjoy beating the most, who do you think it would be?

Spalding22
Riding the Bench

Post by Spalding22 »

fbnut wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:22 pm
Spalding22 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:09 pm

just out of curiosity, in your opinion, if you asked any webster team and the community who on their schedule they would enjoy beating the most, who do you think it would be?
Hrmmm. I am not sure. Maybe Notre Dame if they get a shot at them. Heard the game was ugly.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

He’s not a real representative of the Nation.

The answer is Burg. It’s always burg. In all sports. Quiz bowl too.
Then in no particular order
Porchmouth when SW had a series with Ptown to open the season
Minford
ND
Trimble
NB when they were halfway decent
West back when everyone hated West

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Old Shorts
Freshman Team

Post by Old Shorts »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:10 pm He’s not a real representative of the Nation.

The answer is Burg. It’s always burg. In all sports. Quiz bowl too.
Then in no particular order
Porchmouth when SW had a series with Ptown to open the season
Minford
ND
Trimble
NB when they were halfway decent
West back when everyone hated West
Someone said Burg is South Webstern’s Super Bowl every season.

"Rocking a pair of 1985 gray coaching shorts that are now yellow in the front and brown in the back" :D
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

When Webster is up and can play with them, I’d say it’s the biggest game of the season. There’s not much of a bigger game until districts

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
JeepNation26
Freshman Team

Post by JeepNation26 »

Time to move on from this post guys, LOL

Return to “Boys Basketball”