SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #8

Post by danicalifornia »

I like that the entire OVC seems to be 11-5 right now

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Zane Trace with a 53-43 win over Adena last night - the Pioneers record isn't going to show it but NO ONE should take ZT for granted in the post season as Jarrell the Younger is getting back to normal after his ankle injury, TEAM ZT plays D and with Jarrell "squared" on the perimeter shooting the rock - keep watching the napkin stat sheets as we get ready for the post season ...

South Webster beating Minford last night in OT 64-62 ... Coach Persin on the bench this season hasn't lost ... Eli Roberts got his 1000th point last night - that monkey is off his back ... the kid can play ... a solid lineup of players - Roberts/Timothy/Shupert/Tyler Sommer (might be the MVP on the team) / Mault/ Hunter Barnard (does everything he is asked to do off the bench - watch for his contributions to go up offensively) /Campbell & White - for the Jeeps as the they will move into the top 3 in the rankings this week ...

Marietta brushed off the Meigs 14-2 record last night beating the Marauders soundly 69-40 ... Tigers taking on Vinton County (14-3) - another TVC team tonight in McArthur ... interesting matchup as VC sports a pair of bigs in Allman & Hire ... shooters on the perimeter in Brown/Sharp/Hembree/Tritipo/Reynolds ... VC can get to the rim ... will be fun to watch both coaching staffs to see how they defend and attack each other tonight ...

The OVC continues to beat on each other as Fairland went to South Point losing by 13 ... Portsmouth beat a hot 'Peake squad by 15 ... Gallia Academy got a W vs Coal Grove 58-52 ... Ironton got back on track with a W over Rock Hill 67-48 ... flip a coin Fairland/Chesapeake/ South Point/ Ironton - Portsmouth wins out for a share of the league title ??? lots to play for down the stretch in the OVC ...

Sheridan 53 John Glenn 49 ! Sheridan was looking to be a team that you wouldn't mind playing in the post season THIS year for the first time in awhile BUT Sheridan has everyone guessing as to "who are these guys?!!"

Paint Valley with 62-61 win over Piketon ... back to back wins for PV ... the Bearcats have lost 6 games this season by 3 points or less ... have they gotten something figured out - like confidence? we'll keep watching the Bearcats game results this coming week and next ...

Western Pike went east on the Appalachian Highway to take on fellow Pike County foe - Eastern Pike ... Western got the W 75-64 for their 3rd win of the season on the Eastern Pike home floor but only the first vs Eastern Pike ... the Janes/Haggy combo LIKES those rims !!!
Last edited by pfloyd on Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

PFloyd. the Jarrell's are cousins, not brothers. I did not know if you knew that. I agree ZT could be dangerous, but they seem to rely on shooting the 3 a little too much sometimes.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Bozo wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:13 pm PFloyd. the Jarrell's are cousins, not brothers. I did not know if you knew that. I agree ZT could be dangerous, but they seem to rely on shooting the 3 a little too much sometimes.
Bozo!!! I DID NOT !!! thought they were brothers for a couple of years now ... whoaaaa ... I could have sworn that I was told they were brothers too , dang ... I will change it in my post ... wow! Brock is STILL the older - being a senior anyway - give me partial credit LOL ... thank you for the correction Bozo - greatly appreciated ... my apologies to the Jarrells both Landen and Brock AND the families! ... boy is my face red :oops:

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

We’ll forgive you this time Pfloyd.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Freshmen game starts at 5pm , time to gather the twizzlers/napkin stat book/a couple of pencils ... head down Rte 93 ... only about 35 minutes from Logan ... should be able to do a game rundown TONIGHT instead of tomorrow morning - we'll see ... safe travels for everyone tonight wherever you are heading ... figure out who is HIM! post those napkin stats on the HIM thread for the Week that IS ...

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

Fairfield Union 79
Hamilton Twp. 58

Falcons finish off a great week with their 3rd win this week to move to 12 - 6. Schmelzer hit his 1000th pt early in this game today.....Congrats.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Smeltzy wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:10 pm Fairfield Union 79
Hamilton Twp. 58

Falcons finish off a great week with their 3rd win this week to move to 12 - 6. Schmelzer hit his 1000th pt early in this game today.....Congrats.
It's good to see FU getting it together scoring wise the last couple of weeks ... they had a tough stretch of games where scoring was at a minimum for the Falcons ... Schmelzer has become the offensive weapon I envisioned in the preseason that he would/could be ... I saw him being a 20ppg on a bad night and close to 30 ppg on good night's kind of player - he has so much up side with his length and athletic ability on the baseline and in the paint ... will see FU possibly a couple times in the next 2 weeks - Circleville 2/9 and the Warren game on the 17th ...

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

Pfloyd.........look forward to seeing and talking with you in Falcon Country soon.

Hookshot
Varsity

Post by Hookshot »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:12 am
Smeltzy wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:10 pm Fairfield Union 79
Hamilton Twp. 58

It's good to see FU getting it together scoring wise the last couple of weeks ... they had a tough stretch of games where scoring was at a minimum for the Falcons ... Schmelzer has become the offensive weapon I envisioned in the preseason that he would/could be ... I saw him being a 20ppg on a bad night and close to 30 ppg on good night's kind of player - he has so much up side with his length and athletic ability on the baseline and in the paint ... will see FU possibly a couple times in the next 2 weeks - Circleville 2/9 and the Warren game on the 17th ...
What I've seen of Schmelzer he is as others have described him -- strong and versatile. Hard to scout and guard.

Return to “Boys Basketball”