VC Loss at Home to Fed Hock

vcgrad
All Conference

VC Loss at Home to Fed Hock

Post by vcgrad »

Poor performance by VC--2 bad losses this year so far-- I believe we will lose 3 to 4 more for the end of year. We don't play any defense- to many turnovers--any decent team can beat us.. We might have a decent record end of season like 15-7 or 16-6 but we wont make it to our sectional finals. Just shows how weak our league is. I thought we had a chance this year......

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Re: VC Loss at Home to Fed Hock

Post by Tvcfanatic »

vcgrad wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:43 pm Poor performance by VC--2 bad losses this year so far-- I believe we will lose 3 to 4 more for the end of year. We don't play any defense- to many turnovers--any decent team can beat us.. We might have a decent record end of season like 15-7 or 16-6 but we wont make it to our sectional finals. Just shows how weak our league is. I thought we had a chance this year......
Has nothing to do with the league and everything to do with vinton county, sure you can beat the big teams and look good but if you can’t finish off the lesser teams then you aren’t that great of a team yourself and im not saying that their losses are to lesser talented teams but just trying to state a point, They better get it together before they play meigs again, meigs has been a force to be reckoned with since the first VC game, winning 12 straight and beating their opponents by an average of 15.5 pts in those 12 games
Last edited by Tvcfanatic on Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Probably should just cancel the rest of the season. 12-3 and 8-0 in the TVC is just not acceptable at VC. 🙄

2 of VC’s 3 losses are to teams that have a combined 25-7 record. The other was to Chillicothe. I’ll give you the cavs game as a bad loss. The other two, you aren’t giving the Jeeps and the Lancers enough credit. Also, had the lancers been healthy all year, I guarantee you they would have way less than 5 losses.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Beat by not one but two D4 schools. VC fans in shambles this year 🚨

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:05 pm Beat by not one but two D4 schools. VC fans in shambles this year 🚨
Yes. The two of the best D4 teams in the SED with Fairfield being another great team. It’s not the end of the world to lose to good teams. Last I checked, VC only has 1 undefeated season in its history. I think the Vikings are just fine and capable of beating anyone in the SED regardless of division when they play at their ceiling. It’s high school basketball. You aren’t always going to play to your potential.

Kenny Bixx
Freshman Team

Post by Kenny Bixx »

Ive got 2 cases of ice cold blatz that I will donate to the basketball program if they can pull out a TVC tittle.

Disklaimer: These here thoughts are my opinions. Dont mean too hurt nobodies feelins. Are we still able to state opinions on here without unfair retribution from certain folkes?
vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

I agree- but the next few weeks will show the TRUE strength. Of what I have watched the last few games-- I don't think it will be a good outcome....but I hope I am wrong.

Old Shorts
Freshman Team

Post by Old Shorts »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:05 pm Beat by not one but two D4 schools. VC fans in shambles this year 🚨
But they’ve been successful at keeping any schools with really good programs from getting into the TVC Ohio so they’ll probably win yet another conference title. To some that’s enough. :mrgreen:

"Rocking a pair of 1985 gray coaching shorts that are now yellow in the front and brown in the back" :D
vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Thats true I guess-- but it still has impact on your program when you play non-league games. :x :x :x

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Its not the end of the world to lose to good teams from any division/level-- but HOW you Lose to them--- to many turnovers--bad defense--thats what I saying

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Try again next year

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
Jake Roberts
Freshman Team

Post by Jake Roberts »

Old Shorts wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:03 am
But they’ve been successful at keeping any schools with really good programs from getting into the TVC Ohio so they’ll probably win yet another conference title. To some that’s enough. :mrgreen:
Who are the schools?

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Rumor is- Warren, Jackson, Logan and Gallipolis to name a few.

Harvey Wells
Waterboy

Post by Harvey Wells »

Old Shorts wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:03 am
President Combs is a leader of men. Wellston wants Fart Frye, Warren and Marietta. We aren’t afraid.

Return to “Boys Basketball”