Minford 62 SW 64 F/OT 2/2/24 Round 2 🚨

Proud_Pirate63
S

Re: Minford @ SW 2/2/24 Round 2

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

danicalifornia wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:57 pm Can’t remember a good team with that many mistakes down the stretch of a game

Missed FTs, not boxing out, turnovers, bad saves.

Very uncharacteristic, but hats off to the Jeeps for pulling it off
I thought the same thing about Mumford. Congratulations to the Jeeps.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:01 pm
wobycat wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:50 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:47 pm Can’t wait for Woby to say something about the gifts we got from the flagrant
Didn’t watch your game but sounds like you needed it.

Burg stands alone at the top now. Hopefully they can knock off minford again.
I’ll see you at the 3 way tie party
They going to cut that ball in 3 ways? Burg ain’t interested in that. If it’s a 3 way tie, they will give it to Webster. Make em feel good about it.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

wobycat wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:08 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:01 pm
wobycat wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 8:50 pm

Didn’t watch your game but sounds like you needed it.

Burg stands alone at the top now. Hopefully they can knock off minford again.
I’ll see you at the 3 way tie party
They going to cut that ball in 3 ways? Burg ain’t interested in that. If it’s a 3 way tie, they will give it to Webster. Make em feel good about it.
We’ll take it. It’s been a while. Preciatechya

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Re: Minford 62 SW 64 F/OT 2/2/24 Round 2 🚨

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Coach Persin still undefeated this year 😎

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
swjeep4
Waterboy

Post by swjeep4 »

Tyler Sommer was HIM tonight. Big 3s, big rebounds, big time game from the senior. Minford jumped out to a 16-4 lead in the first and it looked like it was gonna be a long night for Webster. Montgomery had a chance to win it for Minford in regulation but was just short on the 3. Hats off to the Jeeps for fighting back & grabbing the big W tonight!

Spalding22
Riding the Bench

Post by Spalding22 »

Glad SW won. Still think they need to improve. Looked lost in some offensive sets. Referees were unpredictable. Wild calls, and wild no-calls.

allOhiotraveler
Freshman Team

Post by allOhiotraveler »

Long time reader, not a big poster. Just had a few thoughts I wanted to drop. Very fun and wild game tonight! Great game to watch in person. That place was filled EARLY tonight.

I kept being surprised by the things Minford would do and wouldn't do. They come down and hit three 3s very earlier in the first quarter and then didn't feel like they hit one the rest of the game (one may have snuck by me, but I don't recall it).

Watching Minford multiple times over the past few years and can't help but think they are at their absolute best when Montgomery is going downhill attacking the basket or getting out in transition. He's the best transition player in SEO IMO. South Webster did a good job playing him at times in a way to make him consider taking DEEP threes. At the end of regulation, I was hoping for him to get downhill, but SW got him to take a three, which missed.

Two really interesting notes were the lack of scoring from Jackson Shoemaker and the massive lack of scoring from Eli Roberts most of the game. Though Roberts finished with a great night, he had 5 points going into the 4th. If you were told that, you figure Minford was running them out of the gym. But as Dani said, very uncharacteristic plays cost Minford. When SW went to the line down 2 after and and-1, I looked over and said Minford really needs to box out here. And immediately Sommer gets an offensive rebound and puts it in to tie the game.

Little things like that really hurt them all night, including Minford saving the ball and throwing it right under their basket. I was so impressed with South Webster battling back all night. That is the mark of an awesome team.

Also, I thought Kayser was just phenomenal tonight. Best I have seen him. Really cared the offensive load tonight in the half court for Minford.

These teams will be looking to make deep tourney runs. Can't wait to watch the tourney unfold.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Congrats to the Jeeps.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast

Return to “Boys Basketball”