Re: Meigs (14-2) @ Marietta (15-2)

Post by jcbigblue13 »

Marietta by as many as they want

Tvcfanatic
Varsity

Post by Tvcfanatic »

jcbigblue13 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:17 pm Marietta by as many as they want
I think you would be surprised by meigs they are extremely tough this year, the only thing that could hurt them is not having starters brinager and Stanley but i believe Stanley is back tonight

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

Tvcfanatic wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:19 pm
I think you would be surprised by meigs they are extremely tough this year, the only thing that could hurt them is not having starters brinager and Stanley but i believe Stanley is back tonight
only way they could be better is if you or your brother were playing

SouthEast Hoops Fan
Freshman Team

Post by SouthEast Hoops Fan »

Tvcfanatic wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 12:19 pm
Meigs can win — they sometimes play to their competition but sometimes that means play with the best. No weaknesses to exploit based on what I’ve seen.
Last edited by SouthEast Hoops Fan on Fri Feb 02, 2024 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JeepNation26
Freshman Team

Post by JeepNation26 »

Is Meigs 100% healthy now? If so it's a tough matchup for Marietta. I could easily see Meigs beating them. But if Meigs is still missing a couple starters I think the Tigers come out on top by 10+.

Cypress
Riding the Bench

Post by Cypress »

Unfortunately Meigs with multiple starters out or questionable for tonight.
They're familiar with adversity, others will step up and fight because that's what this team does.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

Marietta people are hilarious on here, always talking up there competition when in reality, they’ve played a awful schedule

Meigs has played a much worse schedule and just because they haven’t been upset since they lost to a 6 win Gallipolis team, that doesn’t mean they are any good

Marietta wins by 15+ and after there fans will still act like Meigs is a real threat

Hookshot
Varsity

Post by Hookshot »

First, possibly "Marietta people" respect the game and respect their opponents, especially when their opponent is 14-2.

- Currently, Marietta's opponents have the 5th best winning percentage of the top 9 D-II Southeast teams. By next Friday, Marietta will likely rank third-highest in OWP in the Southeast.

- Marietta's opponent's opponents (OOWP) currently have the best winning percentage of the 9 top teams in the Southeast.

How many Meigs games have you seen this season? How many Marietta games?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Marietta 30
Meigs 14 halftime

Marietta : Kendall 10/Lieras-Kelley 11
TOs : 10
Meigs: Dewees 4/Gheen 4
TOs: 10

SouthEast Hoops Fan
Freshman Team

Marietta 69
Meigs 40

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

SouthEast Hoops Fan wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 9:58 pm Marietta 69
Meigs 40
Went as expected, Meigs never really stood a chance.

Go Blue
boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

Hookshot wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:42 pm First, possibly "Marietta people" respect the game and respect their opponents, especially when their opponent is 14-2.

- Currently, Marietta's opponents have the 5th best winning percentage of the top 9 D-II Southeast teams. By next Friday, Marietta will likely rank third-highest in OWP in the Southeast.

- Marietta's opponent's opponents (OOWP) currently have the best winning percentage of the 9 top teams in the Southeast.

Shhh don’t ruin the ignorance by preventing facts lol

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

boss8 wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 10:55 pm
Hookshot wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 4:42 pm First, possibly "Marietta people" respect the game and respect their opponents, especially when their opponent is 14-2.

All of that is fine, but Meigs had zero chance, which is why Marietta (who is legit) beat them by 29

Records can be deceiving especially when one team has played one of the worst schedules in the state

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Woof.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Lol. Marietta having a nice year. SE is Bad outside of 3-4 teams. Their schedule is basically watered down. We’ll see how good they are in the tournament. I see a 2 and out, but I wish them well 👍

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

HamPorter wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:29 pm

All of that is fine, but Meigs had zero chance, which is why Marietta (who is legit) beat them by 29

Records can be deceiving especially when one team has played one of the worst schedules in the state
What are your thoughts on Marietta-Vinton County tonight? Vikings have compiled most of their wins against weak TVC opponents as well. I expect a much more competitive game tonight, but won't argue strength of schedule. The TVC is just not a good basketball league.

And no, Marietta's schedule isn't that much better. It's a far cry from just a couple of seasons ago. This Marietta team would've benefited greatly from an ECOL schedule imo.

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

E High wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:29 am

Lol. Marietta having a nice year. SE is Bad outside of 3-4 teams. Their schedule is basically watered down. We’ll see how good they are in the tournament. I see a 2 and out, but I wish them well 👍
Kind of back handed, but coming from you I'll take it. Welcome to the Marietta bandwagon, E High. :D

SouthEast Hoops Fan
Freshman Team

Just reading strength of schedule arguments and matchup margins, etc., people act as if we can figure out what’s going to happen on a given night. Look, the Lakers beat the Celtics easily at Boston Garden this past week with Davis and LeBron not playing.

HamPorter
All Conference

Post by HamPorter »

pioneer19 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:13 am
HamPorter wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:29 pm

What are your thoughts on Marietta-Vinton County tonight? Vikings have compiled most of their wins against weak TVC opponents as well. I expect a much more competitive game tonight, but won't argue strength of schedule. The TVC is just not a good basketball league.

And no, Marietta's schedule isn't that much better. It's a far cry from just a couple of seasons ago. This Marietta team would've benefited greatly from an ECOL schedule imo.
I’d say that VC will be more competitive, but I’d still expect a 10 point or more win for Marietta

VC has solid size and isn’t dealing with the injuries that Meigs is, but the Tigers are better

Return to “Boys Basketball”