Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:18 pm Final

Wheelersburg 56

Ironton 54
Theres an eye opener for ya

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Re: Saturday Scores 2/3/24

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Once DL gets to hoppin and skippin you gotta at least bring another guy to help. Ironton did not.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Dundas wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:15 pm Marietta-50
Vinton County-43

Final
That was the least fun I’ve had watching a sporting event this year. I think Marietta is pretty good, but I honestly couldn’t tell you anything about them because of how the game was officiated.

Zero flow and both teams just killing each other is a tough, tough watch.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Huntington 38, River Valley 34

blackshooky
All Conference

Post by blackshooky »

pioneer19 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:39 pm [quote="SouthEast Hoops Fan" post_id=2099058 time=<a href="tel:1707004920">1707004920</a> user_id=20663]
[quote=Whs95fan post_id=2099057 time=<a href="tel:1707004000">1707004000</a> user_id=662]
[quote=IVCHAWKS post_id=2099056 time=<a href="tel:1707003648">1707003648</a> user_id=16779]
I know this is southeastern form, but Berlin Hiland knock off the big prep school from West Virginia, Hiland 55 Linsly Academy 53 in ot
Wow, impressive, I've been trying to keep up with them.
[/quote]

And will do nothing for their Max Preps seeding points, unfortunately for them.
[/quote]

I doubt Hiland is very worried about their seeding. If they can beat Linsly, no one in their district is touching them.
[/quote]

nobody in the southeast is touching them either

Old Shorts
Freshman Team

Post by Old Shorts »

Vinton County-43

Final
Well there goes Etta’s chances of getting into the TVC. :mrgreen:

"Rocking a pair of 1985 gray coaching shorts that are now yellow in the front and brown in the back" :D
callie11
Freshman Team

Post by callie11 »

I gave up on Burg at halftime, I thought Ironton would win by 20. First half Burg was bad really bad.

Jumper45
Riding the Bench

Post by Jumper45 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:28 pm Ironton would be dominant if they’d play together. Still beating Burg end of three but wow. How many points have they left on the board trying to dunk a put back basket instead of rebounding or laying it up? Schreck is awesome
No team play. No defense and to many bad shots trying to do it all by ones self

Hookshot
Varsity

Post by Hookshot »

Smeltzy wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:09 pm Earlier today.......
Fairfield Union 79
Hamilton Twp 58

Falcons with 3 big wins this week. Congrats to Caleb Schmelzer on reaching 1000 pts.
Schmelzer is really good -- versatile player.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

pioneer19 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:39 pm
SouthEast Hoops Fan wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:02 pm
Whs95fan wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:46 pm

Wow, impressive, I've been trying to keep up with them.
I doubt Hiland is very worried about their seeding. If they can beat Linsly, no one in their district is touching them.
Berlin Hiland also took Ottawa-Glandorf to the brink at O-G losing 59-56. OG is loaded and D3 if I am not mistaken.

SouthEast Hoops Fan
Freshman Team

Post by SouthEast Hoops Fan »

danicalifornia wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 10:17 pm
Vinton County-43

Final
That was the least fun I’ve had watching a sporting event this year. I think Marietta is pretty good, but I honestly couldn’t tell you anything about them because of how the game was officiated.

The score stunned me. Vinton County averages nearly 70 points per game and has never been below 60 (except for a 29-point win at the beginning of the season). If you were at the game any other reasons why the score was so low? VC usually likes to play generally fast and gets lots of shots.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

SouthEast Hoops Fan wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:41 am
Vinton County-43

Final

The score stunned me. Vinton County averages nearly 70 points per game and has never been below 60 (except for a 29-point win at the beginning of the season). If you were at the game any other reasons why the score was so low? VC usually likes to play generally fast and gets lots of shots.
Zero flow to the game at all. The physicality that was allowed was so high that nobody could do anything. I’ll give both teams credit for keeping their heads and competing throughout.

SouthEast Hoops Fan
Freshman Team

Post by SouthEast Hoops Fan »

danicalifornia wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:01 am

Zero flow to the game at all. The physicality that was allowed was so high that nobody could do anything. I’ll give both teams credit for keeping their heads and competing throughout.
Thanks. Frustrating it sounds for the players.

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Vinton County-43

Final

The radio crews on both sides agreed.

Go Blue
GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

Jumper45 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:13 am
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:28 pm Ironton would be dominant if they’d play together. Still beating Burg end of three but wow. How many points have they left on the board trying to dunk a put back basket instead of rebounding or laying it up? Schreck is awesome
I’ve said this all season. Even the Burg announcers stated Ironton turned it into a one on one game in the 3rd quarter. They had numerous possessions where only one player touched the ball. One. To drive into 3-4 defenders, throw up a crazy prayer that misses, and then complain about calls has become this team’s identity. The Coach has to get this under control or you’re gonna see more of the same next year. Selfish, selfish play on offense with little to no defense.

bc181700
Freshman Team

Post by bc181700 »

I feel like I've watched a few games this year that the level of physicality allowed by the officials was more along the lines of a (small) collegiate level game.
If it's called both ways, then so be it... but boy, that can make a HUGE difference in HS ball where some kids haven't really developed to the full physical potential yet.
I watched a team get out rebounded by 21 last week, ultimately losing by 4 pts, and it was 99% due to the ability for the biggest/strongest to just bully the rebound.
Again, if it's called both ways, it's fine by me as a spectator, but boy oh boy it can impact a HS game.

Hookshot
Varsity

Post by Hookshot »

bc181700 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:50 am

I feel like I've watched a few games this year that the level of physicality allowed by the officials was more along the lines of a (small) collegiate level game.
If it's called both ways, then so be it... but boy, that can make a HUGE difference in HS ball where some kids haven't really developed to the full physical potential yet.
I watched a team get out rebounded by 21 last week, ultimately losing by 4 pts, and it was 99% due to the ability for the biggest/strongest to just bully the rebound.
Again, if it's called both ways, it's fine by me as a spectator, but boy oh boy it can impact a HS game.
Respectfully, even if it is called "both ways" the subjective not according to the rules style of officiating can (as you say) impact a HS game and that is patently unfair. Players shouldn't have to figure out what kind of fouls or contact the officials are going to choose to call in a given game. Officials should strive to call the game consistent with the rules. Point is, even if it is called both ways, it can unfairly and negatively impact one team more than another. Just not right. It appears your example of a team outrebounded by 21 and losing "99%" caused by an advantage to "bully" on rebounds makes the point well.

IVCHAWKS
Freshman Team

Post by IVCHAWKS »

Jason Vorhees wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:31 am
pioneer19 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:39 pm
SouthEast Hoops Fan wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 7:02 pm And for the OG game, the downer side of it is we led for better than 95 percent of the game,at one point we were up by 13 points late in third quarter, just couldn't get a few calls to go our way late in the game
who knows what might have happened if we didn't lose our big man to a knee injury,there in the first half,there 6'6" Ohio State recruit hit a three from the NBA line or close to it, at buzzer to win it
Berlin Hiland also took Ottawa-Glandorf to the brink at O-G losing 59-56. OG is loaded and D3 if I am not mistaken.

UNREAL
Waterboy

Post by UNREAL »

GoBigI wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 11:51 pm
Jumper45 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:13 am
I’ve said this all season. Even the Burg announcers stated Ironton turned it into a one on one game in the 3rd quarter. They had numerous possessions where only one player touched the ball. One. To drive into 3-4 defenders, throw up a crazy prayer that misses, and then complain about calls has become this team’s identity. The Coach has to get this under control or you’re gonna see more of the same next year. Selfish, selfish play on offense with little to no defense.
No truer words were ever spoken

bc181700
Freshman Team

Post by bc181700 »

Hookshot wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:03 am
bc181700 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:50 am

Respectfully, even if it is called "both ways" the subjective not according to the rules style of officiating can (as you say) impact a HS game and that is patently unfair. Players shouldn't have to figure out what kind of fouls or contact the officials are going to choose to call in a given game. Officials should strive to call the game consistent with the rules. Point is, even if it is called both ways, it can unfairly and negatively impact one team more than another. Just not right. It appears your example of a team outrebounded by 21 and losing "99%" caused by an advantage to "bully" on rebounds makes the point well.
I may not have worded everything very well, but I completely agree with you.
I definitely think it impacted one team much more in this particular case, I guess I just didn't want to sound like I was crying about "my team" losing? lol That's not really the case here.
There were some very valiant attempts to "box out", but if the player behind could simply push his way through someone to get to a ball, it was acceptable.
I'm not bashing officials, honestly. Super fast/tough thing to officiate. Just an observation.

Return to “Boys Basketball”