Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #9

DcP3407
Riding the Bench

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week #9

Post by DcP3407 »

I know that Minford and Burg play Friday, are there any other Top 8 matchups coming soon?

I am looking forward to making it to this one!

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

DcP3407 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:37 pm I know that Minford and Burg play Friday, are there any other Top 8 matchups coming soon?

I am looking forward to making it to this one!
SW plays at North Adams on the 19th.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

I'm going to do 2 rankings this week ... will be doing the first tomorrow night following the Friday night games ... this first one I will use to do MY divisional breakdown/ranking for seedings had the Elite 8 been used to seed teams within the 3 SEO divisions ... the OHSAA/MaxPrep rankings take the "eye test" out of the ranking of teams while I look at how teams are playing now, comparing them vs the top teams that I've seen in SEO ... I KNOW my rankings aren't "scientific, a formula with multiple variables" ... we'll see - the only thing(s) that I lose in doing it is time, sleep, etc. ... then I'll do the usual Sunday Elite 8 taking into account the Saturday games ...

Happy2bhere
Freshman Team

Post by Happy2bhere »

Hillsboro with the 62-50 upset over Court House!

Hookshot
Varsity

Post by Hookshot »

Happy2bhere wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:10 pm Hillsboro with the 62-50 upset over Court House!
Did you watch this game? If so, what happened? We need a report.

Happy2bhere
Freshman Team

Post by Happy2bhere »

Hookshot wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:15 pm
Happy2bhere wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:10 pm Hillsboro with the 62-50 upset over Court House!
Did you watch this game? If so, what happened? We need a report.
Didn't go only thing I know was the score. Still trying to find out more.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Well this bites, got a covid booster shot and shingles vaccine yesterday- went with one for each arm - an equal opportunity extremity kind a guy ... got home from school and collapsed ... I'm down for the count tonight it looks like ... no eyes on ANYONE tonight unfortunately ... going to have to take in some livestream action and hope I'm back to feeling myself for some hoops on the road tomorrow night ... everyone safe travels out there ...

SouthEast Hoops Fan
Freshman Team

Post by SouthEast Hoops Fan »

pfloyd wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:52 pm Well this bites, got a covid booster shot and shingles vaccine yesterday- went with one for each arm - an equal opportunity extremity kind a guy ... got home from school and collapsed ... I'm down for the count tonight it looks like ... no eyes on ANYONE tonight unfortunately ... going to have to take in some livestream action and hope I'm back to feeling myself for some hoops on the road tomorrow night ... everyone safe travels out there ...
Get better! We need you out there!

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Tournament drawing today ???

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Geronimo wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:36 am Tournament drawing today ???
Yes it is ... who plays whom and where ... I'm sure TSYS will set up the brackets for us so we can map out our early round destinations both for individual 1st round games and hopefully multiple games at neutral sites for the sectional finals before we all head to the Mecca of High School hoops in the post season - the Roundhouse on Richland/The Convocation Center/the Convo, Basketball :30, Where we don't need a watch, Where Lou Horvath will tell us what time it is!, $5 hot dogs/$4.50 waters , comfortable Cheap Seats! where we hear the most exciting phrase in high school sports - "2 minutes! 2 minutes!! to the district/regional/state ... !!!" - I'm lovin' it already just posting about it !!! ...
Last edited by pfloyd on Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Best time of year 👍🏀

Johnstown
Riding the Bench

Post by Johnstown »

danicalifornia wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 4:50 pm Not a big deal, but Southeastern is 8-10 now

I wouldn’t have Unioto over Fairland/South Point based on the head to head, but the Shermans are definitely playing much improved since 2024 began.
Athens 19 wins 47 losses the last three years

Return to “Boys Basketball”