Vinton County --Whats the problem?

Baldeagle
Varsity

Re: Vinton County --Whats the problem?

Post by Baldeagle »

Apparently they are missing Superintendent Combs more than anyone realizes. He wouldnt have let this happen.

Ty Webb
All State

Post by Ty Webb »

Baldeagle wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:05 pm Apparently they are missing Superintendent Combs more than anyone realizes. He wouldnt have let this happen.
You apparently have a man crush on Combs. :lol:

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

I guess we wait and see how these last few games play out. Missing the whole point-- we have talent- but its not being pushed to its max. Do you feel any different if we had Warrens coach? Would we be at the same level? I just don't want us to be ---"yeah we won our league!!! then lose in 1st round of sectionals--thats what I am trying to point out.....

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

If it makes you feel any better, I don’t think they have as much talent as Marietta or Warren.

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

I agree-- but are they playing to max level?

PerfectionInPurple
Riding the Bench

Post by PerfectionInPurple »

Biggest problem for the McArthur Generals is that they don’t have as many kids per acre as we do in Logan.

LOVE LIKE A CHAMP!
Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

Dundas wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:30 pm
Hookshot wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:26 pm
Dundas wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 2:21 pm

We lost to Marietta and Washington by 7 points each. That’s competitive.
Vinton County is very competitive -- capable of beating any team in the Southeast on a given night. But like most others, capable of losing to about 8 nor 9 other teams as well. Lots of parity in D-II Southeast this season in my view.
Completely agree. This thread should never have been started. It just makes our fan base look ignorant. If the Vikings were setting at 3-15, then yes, let’s have this discussion.
Oh good gawd yes we don’t need any posts like this rocking the boat. I mean what do people want anyway? We are going to win one of the worst leagues in the state for the third year in a row. We have succeeded in helping keep better programs out so we can accomplish this. So no one cares if we can’t beat the better D2 teams in the area. We certainly shouldn’t question anything because WE ARE TVC CHAMPIONS! So deal with it.

Hookshot
Varsity

Post by Hookshot »

vcgrad wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:18 pm I guess we wait and see how these last few games play out. Missing the whole point-- we have talent- but its not being pushed to its max. Do you feel any different if we had Warrens coach? Would we be at the same level? I just don't want us to be ---"yeah we won our league!!! then lose in 1st round of sectionals--thats what I am trying to point out.....
Would VC's record be any different this year with Warren's coach? Not likely.

Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

Hookshot wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 9:01 am
vcgrad wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 4:18 pm I guess we wait and see how these last few games play out. Missing the whole point-- we have talent- but its not being pushed to its max. Do you feel any different if we had Warrens coach? Would we be at the same level? I just don't want us to be ---"yeah we won our league!!! then lose in 1st round of sectionals--thats what I am trying to point out.....
Would VC's record be any different this year with Warren's coach? Not likely.
How many league championships has Warren’s coach ever won? Has he ever won three in a row? Nuff said. Mic drop.

VCTailgater
Waterboy

Post by VCTailgater »

I agree this is a ridiculous thread! VC has a dedicated, hardworking and RESPECTABLE group of talented players with a dedicated coaching staff that represent Vinton County admirably every time they take the court! Good luck Vikings continue to be successful!

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

They’ll beat Jackson by 15-20 points I’d guess.

Return to “Boys Basketball”