Friday 2/9 Scores

BobcatQB
Varsity

Re: Friday 2/9 Scores

Post by BobcatQB »

E High wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:36 pm
BobcatQB wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:13 am
E High wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:48 pm I believe meadowbrook had a few really good players from Cambridge on that run you mentioned. Last time Cambridge they won a league championship was 10-11 years ago ? Kinda of sad to see the Zanesville’s , Cambridge’s. Meadowbrook’s. Bellaire’s etc …. Just a shell of themselves.
Yeah, it's too bad.

You're correct, several kids from Cambridge have went to Meadowbrook over that same period. It was tough seeing talent go but we got rid of alot of headaches so that made it hurt much less.
Don’t know that meadowbrook had many problems with the Cambridge kids who transferred. Not completely sure, but if Cambridge could have kept some of those players, they might have been in Athens a couple times. You probably know more than some of us.
The Meadowbrook fans certainly didn't have a problem with it.
Last edited by BobcatQB on Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

BobcatQB
Varsity

Re: Friday 2/9 Scores

Post by BobcatQB »

HamPorter wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:34 pm
NewEra wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:06 pm
BobcatQB wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:57 am

Meadowbrook was blessed with some really good athletes for about an 8 year stretch and it showed in every sport. Now it's back to reality with some less talented classes. They have a few freshman that aren't bad. Should win a few more games the next few years but nothing like the run they had from 2014-2022.

Cambridge has been average for a long stretch with the exception of 2021 District Finals team and the last two seasons with a combined less than 10 wins. They are down two starters this year to injuries but would have probably been .500 with them anyway. Just not the passion that used to exist in the past. Went for a walk around the park a few days ago, 60 degrees, and there was 1 kid shooting hoops at the courts...1 kid. That place was packed when I was in HS..everyday.
I would say that given the 2 starters accounted for probably 35 plus points and 15 plus rebounds per game and given the number of close games Cambridge has been in this season, they could very well be above .500 with those 2 above mentioned players, that being said my Dad once told me "if if's and buts were candy and nuts, everyday would be Christmas".. so that's just part of it.
That’s a stretch. They would still be bad on defense and give up a ton of points to good teams. Always an excuse out of that camp
"Always an excuse out of that camp"...that sounds like a stretch.

Return to “Boys Basketball”