UPSET ALERT?

basketballmind
Waterboy

UPSET ALERT?

Post by basketballmind »

Who do y’all think is on upset alert come tournament time? There are a lot of dangerous teams through our region.

Hoopster98
Freshman Team

Re: UPSET ALERT?

Post by Hoopster98 »

D4- Western has a good shot at upsetting ND. Neutral site, Doug Williams will have the boys ready to go.

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

Ironton plays as a team they will be a tough out.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

basketballmind wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:38 am Who do y’all think is on upset alert come tournament time? There are a lot of dangerous teams through our region.
Burg playing west or valley for a third time.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

There are a number of teams in D2 I can see pulling upsets. As a Marietta fan, a potential sectional rematch vs Fairfield Union isn't something I'm thrilled about. Should the two advance past their first opponents, I expect a close game. FU knocked MHS out of the tournament last season.

Sheridan is another team to watch. They are battle tested and I could see them pulling an upset or maybe two to get to the Convo. I think they can compete well with both Unioto and Washington.

Teams like Circleville, Hillsboro, and Vinton County won't be pushovers for the higher seeds either. It's going to be a lot of fun to watch.

IVCHAWKS
Freshman Team

Post by IVCHAWKS »

Is the Southeastern district ever going to change and let the coaches pick there line, instead of doing like the NCAA does it,I would think maybe some of these higher seeds, would prefer not to take a bye and I'm sure would like to give there team a rest and to heal bumps and bruises also, I'm pretty the rest of the districts in the state,let the coaches pick there spot

SouthEast Hoops Fan
Freshman Team

Post by SouthEast Hoops Fan »

pioneer19 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:44 pm There are a number of teams in D2 I can see pulling upsets. As a Marietta fan, a potential sectional rematch vs Fairfield Union isn't something I'm thrilled about. Should the two advance past their first opponents, I expect a close game. FU knocked MHS out of the tournament last season.

Sheridan is another team to watch. They are battle tested and I could see them pulling an upset or maybe two to get to the Convo. I think they can compete well with both Unioto and Washington.

Teams like Circleville, Hillsboro, and Vinton County won't be pushovers for the higher seeds either. It's going to be a lot of fun to watch.
There are 9 or 10 teams in D-II that can win over anyone else on a given night. Lots of variables. VC better than some of the teams seeded higher. FU and Unioto both playing their best ball right now.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

IVCHAWKS wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:16 pm Is the Southeastern district ever going to change and let the coaches pick there line, instead of doing like the NCAA does it,I would think maybe some of these higher seeds, would prefer not to take a bye and I'm sure would like to give there team a rest and to heal bumps and bruises also, I'm pretty the rest of the districts in the state,let the coaches pick there spot
Yep, every other district does it the other way. The Southeast District will continue to do what they can to do the least amount of work as possible and to get some teams eliminated before the regular season actually ends too.

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

SouthEast Hoops Fan wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:31 pm
pioneer19 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:44 pm There are a number of teams in D2 I can see pulling upsets. As a Marietta fan, a potential sectional rematch vs Fairfield Union isn't something I'm thrilled about. Should the two advance past their first opponents, I expect a close game. FU knocked MHS out of the tournament last season.

There are 9 or 10 teams in D-II that can win over anyone else on a given night. Lots of variables. VC better than some of the teams seeded higher. FU and Unioto both playing their best ball right now.
Agreed. I would be very surprised if seeds 1-8 all advance to the sectional finals.

IVCHAWKS
Freshman Team

Post by IVCHAWKS »

Hey danicalifornia, doesn't the coaches have any say in southeast district,on how they do the tournament draw, I'm hearing a lot of coaches are saying the MaxPreps RPI needs a lot more tweaks done ,with the seedings process,I myself still like martins RPI seedings alot better than MaxPreps seedings

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

IVCHAWKS wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:39 pm Hey danicalifornia, doesn't the coaches have any say in southeast district,on how they do the tournament draw, I'm hearing a lot of coaches are saying the MaxPreps RPI needs a lot more tweaks done ,with the seedings process,I myself still like martins RPI seedings alot better than MaxPreps seedings
I’m not sure how much say that have in the overall changes, just that they would like to see some tweaks and whatnot. It would go through their district rep, at least it has in the past.

I agree that the MartinRPI is a better system, because not all 15-5 teams are created equal, which they are in the MaxPreps RPI.

Valley91
Waterboy

Post by Valley91 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:40 pm
basketballmind wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:38 am Who do y’all think is on upset alert come tournament time? There are a lot of dangerous teams through our region.
Especially since both times burg beat valley by only six points

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Valley91 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:27 pm
Especially since both times burg beat valley by only six points
Only beat west by one the first time I think. Still have to play one more time. Bad draw for the burg if you ask me.

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

You mean Valley don’t you? The Senators 1-3-1 doesn't do much. Teams like Valley will just pass it around and make West seem like they are doing something good

Loyal Loyal to The West Side
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Cameron34Crazie34 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:46 pm
You mean Valley don’t you? The Senators 1-3-1 doesn't do much. Teams like Valley will just pass it around and make West seem like they are doing something good
It might work on inferior teams like valley or Burg but not the state bound South Webstern Jeeps

vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

Vinton County Wants Warren!!!

Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

vcgrad wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 4:58 pm Vinton County Wants Warren!!!
Don’t say that or you’ll make Dundas mad. :shock:

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Billy Brave wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:54 pm
I’d love nothing more than VC to win their first tournament game and then upset Warren in the sectional final! There’s been some great games between the Vikings and Warriors in this postseason! Two of the best programs over the last 20 years in southeast Ohio. Bring it on.

123xxx
Freshman Team

Post by 123xxx »

Division 2…VC in round 1, New Lex to go further than the experts think

Division 3…Adena over Northwest (if they get that far)

Division 4…Waterford to go further than the experts think.

***experts being the seeding computer

Billy Brave
Freshman Team

Post by Billy Brave »

Dundas wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:20 pm
Billy Brave wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:54 pm
I’d love nothing more than VC to win their first tournament game and then upset Warren in the sectional final! There’s been some great games between the Vikings and Warriors in this postseason! Two of the best programs over the last 20 years in southeast Ohio. Bring it on.
Just don’t let them in the TVC though. We don’t need anyone interrupting VC’s domination of the conference.

Return to “Boys Basketball”