Old Shorts
Freshman Team

Re: Sectional Final Vinton Co vs Jackson

Post by Old Shorts »

greygoose wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:11 pm
Old Shorts wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:26 am
EasternDspy wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:54 pm

Sure about that?
Yes. Positive. As I said, it was an upset. VC still 3peat TVC Champs. All that matters. :mrgreen:
Yeah you’re completely wrong, a team getting beat by 20 didn’t get upset. They got beat down by a better team that was more worried about the tournament than a regular season meaningless game. 3 peat in the TVC and ousted by 20 in round 1 tells me all I need to know about VC and TVC.
Well bud, you might want to reach out to Dumas. He’ll set you straight. You prolly one of those jokers that envies VC. 😂

"Rocking a pair of 1985 gray coaching shorts that are now yellow in the front and brown in the back" :D
vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

The wins is not the problem-- the quality wins is...... This year perfect example-- beat up on the TVC Ohio- how many of them are left in the sectionals?

Scotty Hobart
Riding the Bench

Post by Scotty Hobart »

Larry Fine wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:01 pm
Scotty Hobart wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:27 am
justpassinthru wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:20 am

You had your chance more than once over the last few years but your old coach didnt want to have to compete with the schools asking or looking to join. VC was always a NO vote or let it know NO before any official vote was taken. But hey congrats on another TVC title - it appears that is and always was your goals.
WOW! Just WOW! But this is what happens when you’re afraid of competition and celebrate for beating subpar teams. Great job by Jackson though.
So 17-6 and TVC champions is now a bad season. Ok 🙄
You tell me, what team in the TVC was a quality win?

Old Shorts
Freshman Team

Post by Old Shorts »

vcgrad wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:36 am The wins is not the problem-- the quality wins is...... This year perfect example-- beat up on the TVC Ohio- how many of them are left in the sectionals?
Exactly. But hey, they got that three peat. Then ousted in the sectional. :mrgreen:

"Rocking a pair of 1985 gray coaching shorts that are now yellow in the front and brown in the back" :D
vcgrad
All Conference

Post by vcgrad »

That is exactly my point-- need to HAVE BETTER PROGRAMS IN LEAGUE--YOU ONLY GET BETTER BY PLAYING BETTER TEAMS.....

Return to “Boys Basketball”