South Webster vs North Adams 2/19/24

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Re: South Webster vs North Adams 2/19/24

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Excellent hustle from Shupert. Hit the free throw to make it a 3 point game. Runs down on the other end and blocks the game tieing shot. Pretty good game all around. Just wish SW would put some pressure on the ball up the floor and run a little more. 8-9 legit deep can do that.

And with this zero point performance from JT, he still remains the third leading scorer on the team by a huge margin despite not scoring hardly anything in the past 10 games and playing maybe 3-4 minutes a game. Played roughly 10-11 tonight

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Huge three for Sommer in OT. I believe that was his 4th of the game. Man sure doesn’t miss very many does he

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:40 pm Huge three for Sommer in OT. I believe that was his 4th of the game. Man sure doesn’t miss very many does he
Actually thought the last 2 years he’s been the top player on that SW team going to be a tough one to replace.

val13
Freshman Team

Post by val13 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:36 pm Excellent hustle from Shupert. Hit the free throw to make it a 3 point game. Runs down on the other end and blocks the game tieing shot. Pretty good game all around. Just wish SW would put some pressure on the ball up the floor and run a little more. 8-9 legit deep can do that.

And with this zero point performance from JT, he still remains the third leading scorer on the team by a huge margin despite not scoring hardly anything in the past 10 games and playing maybe 3-4 minutes a game. Played roughly 10-11 tonight
Is there a specific reason Timothy has been getting minimal time? Even earlier in the season when I’ve watched full South Webster games it seemed like he would go extended game time on the bench after subbing out. From an unbiased viewpoint, I think he’s one of the best post players in all of southern Ohio.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Haven’t a clue. His post moves were unstoppable at times. Statistically still has the highest FG% too. Who knows. We’ll take wins however they come tho

Hoopster98
Freshman Team

Post by Hoopster98 »

val13 wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:40 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:36 pm Excellent hustle from Shupert. Hit the free throw to make it a 3 point game. Runs down on the other end and blocks the game tieing shot. Pretty good game all around. Just wish SW would put some pressure on the ball up the floor and run a little more. 8-9 legit deep can do that.

Is there a specific reason Timothy has been getting minimal time? Even earlier in the season when I’ve watched full South Webster games it seemed like he would go extended game time on the bench after subbing out. From an unbiased viewpoint, I think he’s one of the best post players in all of southern Ohio.
I agree about the Timothy observation. The only downside with Timothy is that he does not want to shoot the ball unless it's on the block. Opposing teams can just pack it in on him and dare him to shoot an outside jumper. Maybe getting the ball inside helped Webster. I think they have to play inside out. Nice Win for SW after the loss to ND. Maybe it woke them up

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Jack can shoot from mid range and from deep. Watch him in warmups. I have full confidence in him being a factor on the big stage.

Return to “Boys Basketball”