Freshman Team

2/24 #11 (16-7 )Ironton vs #6 (18-5) Chesapeake

Post by tigerpower89 »

Thoughts game is at Jackson hs

sportsfan2015
Freshman Team

Re: 2/24 #11 (16-7 )Ironton vs #6 (18-5) Chesapeake

Post by sportsfan2015 »

Chesapeake should roll. I can’t figure out Ironton they should be so much better than what they are with all the size and athleticism that they have but they just can’t put it together.

Rock Hill dominated that whole game and if they weren’t so young and inexperienced and knew how to win at the end of games they would have won that game and should have, definitely out played Ironton for probably 27-28 minutes.

syyoung
Waterboy

Post by syyoung »

This is a very winnable game for Ironton. This has just been the way the year has went for them. They seem to play at a high level against opponents, but they don't always play that way against teams they should easily beat. They showed that with two wins over a very solid South Point team twice this year. They split the season series by winning by 12 at Ironton, but losing by 10 at Chesapeake. It's probably just going to depend what Ironton team shows up to play in this game. Both teams are solid and Chesapeake would likely be considered the favorite in this as they won the OVC and took the higher seed, but I wouldn't count out Ironton from playing to the level of their opponent and picking up the upset in this game.

UNREAL
Waterboy

Post by UNREAL »

sportsfan2015 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:35 am Chesapeake should roll. I can’t figure out Ironton they should be so much better than what they are with all the size and athleticism that they have but they just can’t put it together.

Rock Hill dominated that whole game and if they weren’t so young and inexperienced and knew how to win at the end of games they would have won that game and should have, definitely out played Ironton for probably 27-28 minutes.
Its about COACHING and PREPARATION

84Dragon
JV Team

Post by 84Dragon »

Ill go for the upset , Ironton takes this one .

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

Ironton has no identity. I believe at the beginning of the year Ironton beat Minford and South Webster in a scrimmage and then started the season by beating fairland and Chesapeake, since the hot start this team has been on a roller coaster, Shrek and Terry don’t seem to play well together, they are both ball dominant players the head coach has his two sons on the staff, not sure who is holding who accountable. The Ironton roster has everything you need to win games, size, shooters, and defensive players. I could see ironton losing by 15 points or beating Chesapeake by 15 points. You never know what ironton team will show up.

Jumper45
Riding the Bench

Post by Jumper45 »

Bfan99 wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:29 am Ironton has no identity. I believe at the beginning of the year Ironton beat Minford and South Webster in a scrimmage and then started the season by beating fairland and Chesapeake, since the hot start this team has been on a roller coaster, Shrek and Terry don’t seem to play well together, they are both ball dominant players the head coach has his two sons on the staff, not sure who is holding who accountable. The Ironton roster has everything you need to win games, size, shooters, and defensive players. I could see ironton losing by 15 points or beating Chesapeake by 15 points. You never know what ironton team will show up.
Any team definitely needs to play together if you expect to win. Seems to me a lot of jealously and lack of discipline to the players from the coach. Yes, They have the make up to be a pretty good team but without discipline or team work it wont happen and I doubt it will. Same problem they had last year and it will carry on with the staff they presently have.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Ironton athletically can with the district, unfortunately, they have one to two kids that can consistently score in half court sets. If Ironton doesn't turn the other team over, they struggle to beat average teams. Chesapeake will be sound with the ball and play slow. That should put them over the edge but wouldn't be surprised if Ironton won but it will be by turning over the panthers to get out in transition.

Return to “Boys Basketball”