Freshman Team

Re: POY in Soc3 predictions

Post by JeepNation26 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:43 am
JeepNation26 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:25 am
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:00 pm SOC awards aren’t out yet

Districts are

Lattimore is a lock for SOC3.
Got to wonder though :?: , Webster's Roberts was POY in District 14 in D4, split with Burg and Minford. Be hard to argue that he's not the SOC3 POY.
:?: :?: :?:
Valid point but the eye test goes to Lattimore first along with the conference chip. If ER puts together a whole season of dominating like he does when he wants too then no doubt I’m picking him over DL. The lull about 3/4 of the way through the season cost it for him. Defensively when he hustles I think he’s POY. The amount of blocks was off the charts this season. 9 against West lol

I think next season he’ll lock it in
I agree overall that Latimore should be the POY in the SOC3, he led his young team as a senior should and won the conference title out right and no one was really able to stop him from scoring. He was definitely snubbed on not getting selected as 1st Team All-District. But again if he does get it, it will show how the system is completely broken and wasn't selected as 1st Team All-District. No way a POY in any conference isn't 1stTeam All-District. Just saying, lol.

PineRider
Waterboy

Post by PineRider »

Valley91 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:08 am I honestly think Keyser is more important to Minford than what Montgomery is.
I couldn't agree with you more! Kayser is the better player that can play multiple positions. He most definitely is more beneficial to the Falcons. I think he's been overlooked all along.

Bballlover1
Waterboy

Post by Bballlover1 »

Valley91 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:08 am I honestly think Keyser is more important to Minford than what Montgomery is.
Agree…Keyser is much better all around

Bballlover1
Waterboy

Post by Bballlover1 »

Happens on a lot of teams. Once they zoom in on someone the others get overlooked. Stats tell it all. People immediately go on points. You have a kid.. any kid… scoring say 24 points but shooting 40 times and he’s the leading scorer and you think wow and his teammate scores 20 on say 20 shots and he is over looked. Just my thoughts.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Keyser was absolutely phenomenal in the 2nd half against Fairland. Minford's offense still runs through Montgomery since he a shoot-first point guard. But Keyser is one heck of a second option for the Falcons.*

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Top Gun wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:05 pm Copley will be Offensive POY

Kaiser will be Defensive POY
Good call.

SoutheastHoopsWizard
Waterboy

Post by SoutheastHoopsWizard »

Some very good players mentioned!

Minford with two great players deserving of consideration .

Lattimore is tough and Burg won the league!

I have seen all of them at least once so others have seen them more. My opinion would be that Copley
Was the best overall player, but just had a less talented supporting cast.

SoutheastHoopsWizard
Waterboy

Post by SoutheastHoopsWizard »

art_vandelay wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:20 pm Keyser was absolutely phenomenal in the 2nd half against Fairland. Minford's offense still runs through Montgomery since he a shoot-first point guard. But Keyser is one heck of a second option for the Falcons.*
Agree Art. Keyser dominated once he got the ball consistently.

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Congrats to Jace Copley for being named player of the year and Bennett Kayser for being named defensive player of the year in SOC3.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

And once again Lattimoe got hosed !! I just hope Devin goes out there and shows them Saturday who should have been poy Go Burg

Burg grad 85
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

scott1297 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:48 pm And once again Lattimoe got hosed !! I just hope Devin goes out there and shows them Saturday who should have been poy Go Burg
Copley and kayser both have a case but definitely lattimore does too. I’m afraid the other coaches may have not voted for him because he’s a transfer. I know people don’t like that but that shouldn’t be a factor. It should be based on merit. And he help guided his team to a SOC championship when most thought they’d be third. So I think he should have got player of the year based on his team winning the title.

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

ER has vastly improved, BUT! He still has terrible body language and isn’t engaged enough to get POY.

Nobody likes burg, so burg gets no votes. Simple math on the Lattimore Snub. Stinks for him, he WAS the DESERVING player. Guess you should be more respectful as a team, coach, and player. Not just in basketball, the reputation is strong in all sports.

Copley was fun to watch. Wish he would have made the move on down lucasville Minford road. When Kyle coached at Minford, Jace was on the bench with Montgomery/shoemaker/kayser the majority of the games. We all wanted to see it!

I think the SOC coaches will vote Lattimore as POY, but I could see a Co-POY happening as well.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

SoutheastHoopsWizard wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:20 pm Some very good players mentioned!

Minford with two great players deserving of consideration .

Lattimore is tough and Burg won the league!

I have seen all of them at least once so others have seen them more. My opinion would be that Copley
Was the best overall player, but just had a less talented supporting cast.
Lattimore came in having only played a few summer league games with the team and Burg had I believe one starter in Rucker coming back this year and he help lead the Burg to the first ever SOCIII championship and he is not the POY?!

I call bullshit!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

What would be the kicker is Prater not get Coach of the year.

Burg will just prove it on the court and you all can take your awards and shove them you know where!!

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Prater is coach of the year.

HERO
Riding the Bench

Post by HERO »

Congrats to all of the SOC 3 players of the year.

If the coaches had it out for Burg, Prater wouldn’t have gotten coach of the year.

Just be happy for who received the awards, the coaches voted on it.

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

I have no dog in this fight as to who received P-O-Y. It doesn’t matter to me. But let’s be honest, the Lattimore kid is one of the best players in the league and he led his team to an outright league championship. So that in itself means he should have received P-O-Y. But he didn’t so it just goes to show you coaches have bias. Plan and simple!! I believe it was the same deal with Lattimore not making first team All-District Coached Association.

With that being said, I believe coaches don’t have the right to complain about the new MaxPreps RPI system. Because these type decisions/votes are why the OHSAA had to eliminate the coaches vote on seeding. Coaches just can’t be trusted to do the right things. This will probably be an unpopular opinion but we see it happen every year. Of course, this is Just My Opinion!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Copley winning POY is an absolute smack in the face to anyone on Burg, MInford or SW, who all finished better in the league than Valley and had better players leading their respective teams.

Let's hear some reasoning as to why Copley won it with a rebuttal.

1. He led his team all season and kept Valley in most games-Without Lattimore no way does Burg win the SOCIII title

2. He was the best player on the floor each game-Nope-Lattimore, Kayser and Montgomery and Roberts were all better than him in their matchups this season. Lattimore outplayed him three times this season.

It's all bullshit!!!

Hoopster98
Freshman Team

Post by Hoopster98 »

Lattimore should of got POY. Copley took way more shots than him and the team was not very good. Copley is good and even if you put good players around him he is still going to score. Do I think his #'s increase or decrease not sure. Teams prepared to stop him which led him to force a lot of shots, if he had other players around him then it may of freed him up a little bit. I just feel Lattimore should be POY.

HERO
Riding the Bench

Post by HERO »

Maybe Lattimores attitude when things aren’t going his way played a role in the coaches not voting him player of the year.

Return to “Boys Basketball”