Burg v/s Valley

scott1297
All Conference

Burg v/s Valley

Post by scott1297 »

Burg v/s Valley sectional championship game at Portsmouth Saturday at 6:15. What's everyone's thoughts or predictions?

Burg grad 85
callie11
Freshman Team

Re: Burg v/s Valley

Post by callie11 »

T0 close to call .

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

callie11 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 4:26 pm T0 close to call .
I think if Burg gets some points from Rucker and McGraw I'll take Burg in a close one. Lattimore always gets his buckets but Rucker or McGraw needs to step up and look for their shots

Burg grad 85
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

I’ll go burg comfortably this time around. Just a hunch but I think burg gets a bunch out of McGraw, lattimore and Rucker.

Elijah Craig
Freshman Team

Post by Elijah Craig »

this might be an upset in the works. If, and this is a BIG IF, can hold Copley to below 25, burg wins. if he goes off for 35+, valley upsets burg.

Pirates 59
indians 50

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

This game will come down to Wheelersburg's ability to limit Copley's touches on offense and keeping Valley off the offensive boards. Copley will be the best player on the floor. Once he gets the ball he draws so much attention and makes defenders rotate to stop him in turn that gives Valley an opportunity to get offensive rebounds. I've been very impressed with Copley's ability and believe he is capable of controlling this game. Once he gets the ball, he can get his own shot and he is going to show up big time. That is why in my opinion, you have to limit his touches. If Wheelersburg can limit his touches and not give up offensive rebounds then they will win. If not then Valley will win. Regardless, Copley is going to get his points but you can't let him get 35+.

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

Boy oh boy did burg dodge a really bad year with the big transfer .

All of Burg fans should praise the scioto ribber for making this happen lol , free apartment "for one year" I'm guessing.

But let ironton have this happen and all the burgites come unglued lol. Hopefully valley smokes them

Hoopster98
Freshman Team

Post by Hoopster98 »

If Copley gets 30+ then he puts valley in position to win. Maybe 35+. I would immediately pick up Copley every time he has the basketball, any ball screens for him trap and rotate. You have to get the basketball out of his hands. He sees the floor well but hard to see the floor with hands up and trapping.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Pinwheel wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:15 am Boy oh boy did burg dodge a really bad year with the big transfer .

All of Burg fans should praise the scioto ribber for making this happen lol , free apartment "for one year" I'm guessing.

But let ironton have this happen and all the burgites come unglued lol. Hopefully valley smokes them
It did happen. Thacker, Roach, Sturgill, Patterson, Markins, Terry

That's like 1/2 the Tigers team.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Pinwheel wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:15 am Boy oh boy did burg dodge a really bad year with the big transfer .

That's funny right there I don't care who you are!! Especially coming from an Ironton poster.

JeepNation26
Freshman Team

Post by JeepNation26 »

:lol: :lol:
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:43 am

That's funny right there I don't care who you are!! Especially coming from an Ironton poster.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

wobycat wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:28 am

It did happen. Thacker, Roach, Sturgill, Patterson, Markins, Terry

That's like 1/2 the Tigers team.
😂

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

Could be another close game, could be a blow out. I think burg will be more focused this time around. Valley will have to play a near perfect game to pull off the upset.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Copley will get his points. Burg can't let anyone else on Valley score 15 or more. Valley has no one to match up with Lattimore so look for a zone out of them. Burg just needs to attack the middle of the paint near the FT line. That area is usually always open against a zone.

callie11
Freshman Team

Post by callie11 »

Most of the Burg players drive to the basket and throw the ball back out. Either the coach doesn't trust them to score or the players have no confidence to take a short shot.

JeepNation26
Freshman Team

Post by JeepNation26 »

Believe Burg will make adjustments from the last game and win this one by 15+. Burg thrives in win or go home games.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Valleys best shot at this is going to be taking the ball directly at Lattimore and hoping he bites for a few quick fouls early and Prater having to play him carefully. He does tend to rack up the fouls in tight games and burg is a .500 team at best without him on the floor. Good luck to the valley Indians 🚨

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
callie11
Freshman Team

Post by callie11 »

Is there going to be any streaming of this game ?

JeepNation26
Freshman Team

Post by JeepNation26 »

callie11 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:58 am Is there going to be any streaming of this game ?
Don't know if it will be streamed or not but both games at Portsmouth on Saturday evening will be broadcasted on 95.7FM/1260AM

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:50 am Valleys best shot at this is going to be taking the ball directly at Lattimore and hoping he bites for a few quick fouls early and Prater having to play him carefully. He does tend to rack up the fouls in tight games and burg is a .500 team at best without him on the floor. Good luck to the valley Indians 🚨
If you remember in the double overtime Burg and Valley had earlier this year Lattimore fouled out in the 4th quarter of that game and Burg still pulled it out

Burg grad 85

Return to “Boys Basketball”