The 3 Weeks of the Convo "Basketball :30" begins Thursday 2/29 - Saturday 3/16 ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

The 3 Weeks of the Convo "Basketball :30" begins Thursday 2/29 - Saturday 3/16 ...

Post by pfloyd »

It just doesn't get any better than District /Regional action in the SouthEast District ... Basketball :30 , the 3 Weeks of the Convo ... I don't care what you call it for the next 3 weeks boys high school basketball fans will flock to the Mecca of Boys High School Hoops - Athens, Ohio ... Ohio University's Convocation Center for the boys D2,D3, D4 Southeast District & Regional Semi's & Finals to determine who will move on to the Show, the Final Four in each division from the SE District played in Dayton,Ohio ... "things" have just not been "completely" the same since the Dark Time - the Covid Years in 2020 the last games played that fateful year were at the Convo on March 11th, on Friday the 13th - all remaining post season games were cancelled just as most events that year were cancelled ... in the couple years that followed we had District games/Regional games at outlying schools - no fans other than family in 2021 ... 2022 we had again sectionals at individual schools of the higher seed, with district semi's at set neutral locations other than the Convo with the SE district finals/SE Regionals at the Convo ... finally - the world got "balance" in the current 2023-24 season first round sectionals still played at individual higher seed schools, with neutral locations for sectional finals and the District Semi's/Finals & Regional Semi's/Finals have ALL returned to their rightful home - the Roundhouse on Richland - the Convo ... WE ARE READY as a high school boys basketball fan base!!! we WANT to pay $5 for a hot dog/ $7.50 for a personal pizza, $3 for a water !!! WE DON'T CARE!!! we will be HOME! courtside where the Voice of High School Hoops, Lou Horvath will tell us what time it is ! - I WANT TO BE TOLD WHAT TIME IT IS! ... "it's Basketball :30 in the Convo!!!" ... 24 games !!! all in one venue - the Convocation Center is home in March !!! I know that I smile when I walk into the Convo - the memories of the early 2000's Vinton County teams vs Greenfield McClain & Dante Jackson, the Doug Stiverson coached Logan Elm teams with Tyler Evans & Co. up through the D2 Waverly team that went to Dayton and the D2 Final four just 2 years ago ... every year has it's memories from the games on the floor as I've viewed them from the Cheap Seats at the Convocation Center ... high school players in the SE District no matter the division D2, D3, D4 ALL have one dream - to get to Basketball :30, to play at OU on the big floor, to have their name introduced by Lou on the PA ... to knockdown "a 3 from the 3rd ring of Saturn" as Lou will describe the deep 3 from beyond the arc ... and in 2024 - the dreams are back-intact, the sectional 'ships are in the books- invites handed out, the SE District semi final matchups are set, the game days & times released :

D4 District Semi's Thursday 2/29 :

South Webster 62 vs Symmes Valley 47
Notre Dame 48 vs Trimble 49

D4 District Semi's Saturday 3/2:

Fairfield Leesburg 62 vs Manchester 33
Federal Hocking 52 vs Waterford 41
------------------------------------------------------

D3 District Semi's Sunday 3/3 :

Wheelersburg 58 vs South Points 55
Northwest 71 vs Portsmouth 49
Minford 58 vs Fairland 45
North Adams 60 vs Ironton 56
----------------------------------------------------

D2 District Semi's Monday 3/4:

Marietta 40 vs New Lexington 43
Warren 54 vs Logan Elm 34

District Finals

D4 Friday 3/8:

SE 2 ... South Webster vs Trimble ... 6pm
SE 1 ... Fairfield Leesburg vs Federal Hocking ... 8pm
----------------------
Saturday 3/9 District Finals

D2 District New Lexington vs Warren ... 2pm
D3 SE 1 Northwest vs Wheelersburg ............. 4pm
D3 SE 2 North Adams vs Minford ............. 6pm

SE Regional Semi's

D4 Tuesday 3/12 ... 6:15, 8pm
D2 Wednseday 3/13 ... 6:15, 8pm
D3 Thursday 3/14 ... 6:15, 8pm

SE Regional Finals

D4 Friday 3/15 ... 7pm

Split Schedule for the Saturday Regional Finals D2 & D3
D2 Saturday 3/16 ... 3pm
D3 Saturday 3/16 ... 7pm
Last edited by pfloyd on Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Re: The 3 Weeks of the Convo "Basketball :30" begins Thursday 2/29 - Saturday 3/16 ...

Post by Hoopie74 »

Best time of the year.JS.

4out1in
Waterboy

Re: The 3 Weeks of the Convo "Basketball :30" begins Thursday 2/29 - Saturday 3/16 ...

Post by 4out1in »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:58 pm It just doesn't get any better than District /Regional action in the SouthEast District ... Basketball :30 , the 3 Weeks of the Convo ... I don't care what you call it for the next 3 weeks boys high school basketball fans will flock to the Mecca of Boys High School Hoops - Athens, Ohio ... Ohio University's Convocation Center for the boys D2,D3, D4 Southeast District & Regional Semi's & Finals to determine who will move on to the Show, the Final Four in each division from the SE District played in Dayton,Ohio ... "things" have just not been "completely" the same since the Dark Time - the Covid Years in 2022 the last games played that fateful year were at the Convo on March 11th, on Friday the 13th - all remaining post season games were cancelled just as most events that year were cancelled ... in the couple years that followed we had District games/Regional games at outlying schools - no fans other than family in 2021 ... 2022 we had again sectionals at individual schools of the higher seed, with district semi's at set neutral locations other than the Convo with the SE district finals/SE Regionals at the Convo ... finally - the world got "balance" in the current 2023-24 season first round sectionals still played at individual higher seed schools, with neutral locations for sectional finals and the District Semi's/Finals & Regional Semi's/Finals have ALL returned to their rightful home - the Roundhouse on Richland - the Convo ... WE ARE READY as a high school boys basketball fan base!!! we WANT to pay $5 for a hot dog/ $7.50 for a personal pizza, $3 for a water !!! WE DON'T CARE!!! we will be HOME! courtside where the Voice of High School Hoops, Lou Horvath will tell us what time it is ! - I WANT TO BE TOLD WHAT TIME IT IS! ... "it's Basketball :30 in the Convo!!!" ... 24 games !!! all in one venue - the Convocation Center is home in March !!! I know that I smile when I walk into the Convo - the memories of the early 2000's Vinton County teams vs Greenfield McClain & Dante Jackson, the Doug Stiverson coached Logan Elm teams with Tyler Evans & Co. up through the D2 Waverly team that went to Dayton and the D2 Final four just 2 years ago ... every year has it's memories from the games on the floor as I've viewed them from the Cheap Seats at the Convocation Center ... high school players in the SE District no matter the division D2, D3, D4 ALL have one dream - to get to Basketball :30, to play at OU on the big floor, to have their name introduced by Lou on the PA ... to knockdown "a 3 from the 3rd ring of Saturn" as Lou will describe the deep 3 from beyond the arc ... and in 2024 - the dreams are back-intact, the sectional 'ships are in the books- invites handed out, the SE District semi final matchups are set, the game days & times released :

South Webster vs Symmes Valley @ 6:15
Notre Dame vs Trimble @ 8:00

Fairfield Leesburg vs Manchester @ 7pm
Federal Hocking vs Waterford @ 8:45pm

Wheelersburg vs South Points @ 3pm
Northwest vs Portsmouth @4:45pm
Minford vs Fairland @ 6:30pm
North Adams vs Ironton @ 8:15 pm

Marietta vs New Lexington @ 6:15pm
Warren vs Logan Elm @ 8pm

District Finals

D4 Friday 3/8:

SE 2 ... Game 1 ... 6pm
SE 1 ... Game 2 ... 8pm
----------------------

D2 District Final ... 2pm
D3 SE 1 ............. 4pm
D3 SE 2 ............. 6pm

SE Regional Semi's

SE Regional Finals

D4 Friday 3/15 ... 7pm

D2 Saturday 3/16 ... 3pm
D3 Saturday 3/16 ... 7pm
Really great writeup pfloyd. Best time of the year!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

4out1in wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:19 am
pfloyd wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:58 pm It just doesn't get any better than District /Regional action in the SouthEast District ... Basketball :30 , the 3 Weeks of the Convo ... I don't care what you call it for the next 3 weeks boys high school basketball fans will flock to the Mecca of Boys High School Hoops - Athens, Ohio ... Ohio University's Convocation Center for the boys D2,D3, D4 Southeast District & Regional Semi's & Finals to determine who will move on to the Show, the Final Four in each division from the SE District played in Dayton,Ohio ... "things" have just not been "completely" the same since the Dark Time - the Covid Years in 2020 the last games played that fateful year were at the Convo on March 11th, on Friday the 13th - all remaining post season games were cancelled just as most events that year were cancelled ... in the couple years that followed we had District games/Regional games at outlying schools - no fans other than family in 2021 ... 2022 we had again sectionals at individual schools of the higher seed, with district semi's at set neutral locations other than the Convo with the SE district finals/SE Regionals at the Convo ... finally - the world got "balance" in the current 2023-24 season first round sectionals still played at individual higher seed schools, with neutral locations for sectional finals and the District Semi's/Finals & Regional Semi's/Finals have ALL returned to their rightful home - the Roundhouse on Richland - the Convo ... WE ARE READY as a high school boys basketball fan base!!! we WANT to pay $5 for a hot dog/ $7.50 for a personal pizza, $3 for a water !!! WE DON'T CARE!!! we will be HOME! courtside where the Voice of High School Hoops, Lou Horvath will tell us what time it is ! - I WANT TO BE TOLD WHAT TIME IT IS! ... "it's Basketball :30 in the Convo!!!" ... 24 games !!! all in one venue - the Convocation Center is home in March !!! I know that I smile when I walk into the Convo - the memories of the early 2000's Vinton County teams vs Greenfield McClain & Dante Jackson, the Doug Stiverson coached Logan Elm teams with Tyler Evans & Co. up through the D2 Waverly team that went to Dayton and the D2 Final four just 2 years ago ... every year has it's memories from the games on the floor as I've viewed them from the Cheap Seats at the Convocation Center ... high school players in the SE District no matter the division D2, D3, D4 ALL have one dream - to get to Basketball :30, to play at OU on the big floor, to have their name introduced by Lou on the PA ... to knockdown "a 3 from the 3rd ring of Saturn" as Lou will describe the deep 3 from beyond the arc ... and in 2024 - the dreams are back-intact, the sectional 'ships are in the books- invites handed out, the SE District semi final matchups are set, the game days & times released :

District Finals

D4 Friday 3/8:

SE 2 ... Game 1 ... 6pm
SE 1 ... Game 2 ... 8pm
----------------------

SE Regional Semi's

SE Regional Finals

D4 Friday 3/15 ... 7pm

D2 Saturday 3/16 ... 3pm
D3 Saturday 3/16 ... 7pm

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

4out1in wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:19 am
pfloyd wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:58 pm It just doesn't get any better than District /Regional action in the SouthEast District ... Basketball :30 , the 3 Weeks of the Convo ... I don't care what you call it for the next 3 weeks boys high school basketball fans will flock to the Mecca of Boys High School Hoops - Athens, Ohio ... Ohio University's Convocation Center for the boys D2,D3, D4 Southeast District & Regional Semi's & Finals to determine who will move on to the Show, the Final Four in each division from the SE District played in Dayton,Ohio ... "things" have just not been "completely" the same since the Dark Time - the Covid Years in 2022 the last games played that fateful year were at the Convo on March 11th, on Friday the 13th - all remaining post season games were cancelled just as most events that year were cancelled ... in the couple years that followed we had District games/Regional games at outlying schools - no fans other than family in 2021 ... 2022 we had again sectionals at individual schools of the higher seed, with district semi's at set neutral locations other than the Convo with the SE district finals/SE Regionals at the Convo ... finally - the world got "balance" in the current 2023-24 season first round sectionals still played at individual higher seed schools, with neutral locations for sectional finals and the District Semi's/Finals & Regional Semi's/Finals have ALL returned to their rightful home - the Roundhouse on Richland - the Convo ... WE ARE READY as a high school boys basketball fan base!!! we WANT to pay $5 for a hot dog/ $7.50 for a personal pizza, $3 for a water !!! WE DON'T CARE!!! we will be HOME! courtside where the Voice of High School Hoops, Lou Horvath will tell us what time it is ! - I WANT TO BE TOLD WHAT TIME IT IS! ... "it's Basketball :30 in the Convo!!!" ... 24 games !!! all in one venue - the Convocation Center is home in March !!! I know that I smile when I walk into the Convo - the memories of the early 2000's Vinton County teams vs Greenfield McClain & Dante Jackson, the Doug Stiverson coached Logan Elm teams with Tyler Evans & Co. up through the D2 Waverly team that went to Dayton and the D2 Final four just 2 years ago ... every year has it's memories from the games on the floor as I've viewed them from the Cheap Seats at the Convocation Center ... high school players in the SE District no matter the division D2, D3, D4 ALL have one dream - to get to Basketball :30, to play at OU on the big floor, to have their name introduced by Lou on the PA ... to knockdown "a 3 from the 3rd ring of Saturn" as Lou will describe the deep 3 from beyond the arc ... and in 2024 - the dreams are back-intact, the sectional 'ships are in the books- invites handed out, the SE District semi final matchups are set, the game days & times released :

District Finals

D4 Friday 3/8:

SE 2 ... Game 1 ... 6pm
SE 1 ... Game 2 ... 8pm
----------------------

SE Regional Semi's

SE Regional Finals

D4 Friday 3/15 ... 7pm

D2 Saturday 3/16 ... 3pm
D3 Saturday 3/16 ... 7pm
Thanks 4out1in! I have to agree, all quality opponents/teams/games AND they all come to the same venue, usually multiple games per night/evening ... the Convo is a great venue, great cheap seats LOL ... the staff is outstanding - get to run into good friends from all over SE & Southern Ohio, doggers in the hospitality room to go with the Tootsie Rolls !!! Stephanie Evans! WE need Tootsie Rolls in the hospitality room please ...

bball30
Freshman Team

Post by bball30 »

Great narrative pfloyd, but you forgot to mention that you were spotter-in-chief during the dark days. Can't wait to welcome everyone back to the Convo!

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

I didn't see it in the write up, but for those who don't know, the Convo is cashless now right?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

transplant wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:51 pm I didn't see it in the write up, but for those who don't know, the Convo is cashless now right?
Yes. 100%, from parking to concessions

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

danicalifornia wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:00 pm
transplant wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:51 pm I didn't see it in the write up, but for those who don't know, the Convo is cashless now right?
Thanks, heard that on a podcast today... lol

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

I read the $5 for parking is card only, I hadn't read about the concessions! thank you for pointing this out ...

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

transplant wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:05 pm
Glad somebody is watching! Lol we appreciate it!

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

danicalifornia wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:14 pm
transplant wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 4:05 pm

Glad somebody is watching! Lol we appreciate it!
Anytime, gives me something to do at work.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

bball30 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:48 pm Great narrative pfloyd, but you forgot to mention that you were spotter-in-chief during the dark days. Can't wait to welcome everyone back to the Convo!
And they were dark days bball30 ... I'm ready! cashless or bribery ! I'm getting in the Convo for Basketball :30 :lol:

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Tip off in less than 12 hours! ...

val13
Freshman Team

Post by val13 »

Any live stream for the D4 district semi finals tonight?

Western24
Freshman Team

Post by Western24 »

Wondering the same thing?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

I'm pacing the floor ... 35 minutes from my back door to walking into the Convo ... last year the parking lot guys were never on time LOL ... I'm not one to be late to a "tip off" ... time to gather my belongings, tell Mrs. Pfloyd I'll see her in 3 weeks, leave a light on for me ... safe travels all !!!

Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Won't be making it down tonight but hoping for a livestream?

Go Blue
Sportsfan01
JV Team

Post by Sportsfan01 »

Are they going to fix the 3 point line at the convo before Saturday and the rest of the tournament?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Sportsfan01 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:12 pm Are they going to fix the 3 point line at the convo before Saturday and the rest of the tournament?
Pulled it up after the games last night, so hopefully the fresh ones they put down for Saturday will have some effort behind them.

Return to “Boys Basketball”