pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: N W VS BURG

Post by pfloyd »

BigBlueNation wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:29 pm
pfloyd wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:23 pm Northwest 59
Wheelersburg 42 a final

Pfloyd's official "UN-official" Napkin Stats - Wheelersburg

Scoring ... Devon Lattimore 26, Braylon Rucker 6, Logan Adkins 4, Xander Mowery 2, Landon McGraw 2, Hunter Bivens 2
3 Pointers ... 2/14 … Devon Lattimore 2
FTs ... 12/14
TOs ... 13
PnP ... 10 fgs/ 20 points in the paint
PnT ... 1 fgs/ 2 points in transition
Pbk ... 2 fgs/ 4 points on putback buckets

Pfloyd's official "UN-official" Napkin Stats - Northwest

Scoring ... Connor Lintz 28, Tanner Bolin 20, Logan Wolfenbarker 5, Jay Jenkins 5, Caleb Lewis 1
3 Pointers ... 3/10 ... Logan Wolfenbarker 1, Connor Lintz 1, Tanner Bolin 1
FTs ... 16/22
TOs ... 10
PnP ... 16 fgs/ 32 points in the paint
PnT ... 0 points in transition
Pbk ... 4 fgs/ 8 points on putback buckets

Bonus Napkin Stats :

* Northwest controlled the boards 41-26
* Northwest went 20/49 (40.6%) from the field … Wheelersburg 14/50 from the floor (28%)
* Connor Lintz (NW) 28 pts/12 for 22 from the floor/12 rbs/ 1 trey/ 2 asts/ 2 stls
* Devon Lattimore (W) 26 pts/ 10 for 20 from the floor/10rbs/ 2 treys/ 3 stls
* Tanner Bolin (NW) 20 pts/ 1 trey/ 11 rbs/ 1 ast/1 stl
* Northwest led 31:35 of the game, Wheelersburg never led in the game
Thank you pfloyd for all you do.
...What a great crowd for Northwest tonight!!! loud AND PROUD of a group of Mohawks who have flown under the radar - MY radar - all season ... I never gave them the credit that they deserve ... the schedule, the lack of getting eyes on NW in-person ... a very talented group , excellent coaching staff, Coach Scarberry , an outstanding job in getting NW to the regionals ... there's NO favorites now - it's ALL SE District vs the World ... SEO is behind NW to get outta the Convo just as we are all behind - South Webster, North Adams and the Warren Warriors ...

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Congrats to the Mohawks…great to see this for their community, school, and fans! Lintz was best player on the floor today. Bolin was right behind him. And their fan support was unreal…loved hearing that roar in the Convo after every Northwest bucket!

As for Burg, great season overall. Overachieved and arrived a year ahead of schedule. Lattimore was his usual self, but stage was too big for their younger guys. Also, too much theatrics from their players toward officials after calls didn’t go their way…just shut up and play.

Burg will be fine going forward, though I do have concerns about where the points come from next season. Also, where was the fan support today? Student section was struggling.*

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

Biggest surprise for me was lack of support from the burg community it was definitely 75% for NW and even the ones that showed up was pretty quiet the whole game only thing I can think of is they really underestimated nw like most on here did but yeah the calls was not that balanced even the nw fans around us was laughing at some of them but burg did themselves no favors of just not being able to shoot the ball they had so man wide open shots and layups and couldn’t get anything to fall

allOhiotraveler
Freshman Team

Post by allOhiotraveler »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:33 pm
Hoopie74 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:29 pm
Prime Time wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:04 pm Congrats to the Mohawks, and Coach Scarberry. By far the best team. Its refreshing to see a team WITH homegrown talent , win out over move ins with other teams. Makes it sweeter when you think what would the scores be with home grown with these other teams. Kudos to the Mohawks, looked strong, quick and determined. Convo is the best venue for these players, Regional semi finalist for the Northwest team.
I remember when those NW boys and North Adams boys were in Jr High. I think they played against each other a couple of times and both squads have very few losses. It should all show up on the seops jr high page for2018- 2020 time frame
I think North Adams has the tougher matchup in Harvest Prep. Be nice to see an all public school Reginal final. I think NW can beat Malvern. They like to slow it down and I think that plays into NW's hands. They play a pretty good halfcourt game.
I think you may need to watch Malvern film if you think they slow it down. They average over 65 points per game... They press from the opening tip. They can play any tempo well, but they are most definitely wanting to go up and down.

burgpirater
Riding the Bench

Post by burgpirater »

art_vandelay wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:06 am Congrats to the Mohawks…great to see this for their community, school, and fans! Lintz was best player on the floor today. Bolin was right behind him. And their fan support was unreal…loved hearing that roar in the Convo after every Northwest bucket!

As for Burg, great season overall. Overachieved and arrived a year ahead of schedule. Lattimore was his usual self, but stage was too big for their younger guys. Also, too much theatrics from their players toward officials after calls didn’t go their way…just shut up and play.

Burg will be fine going forward, though I do have concerns about where the points come from next season. Also, where was the fan support today? Student section was struggling.*
Lmao how our guys not gonna complain bout every call when our coach looks like a wacky wavin inflatable arm tube man outside of car dealership every time Ref blows a whistle :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good season Lattimore big addition for us. Our sophomores be fine good experience for them just need to learn to score w out Lattimore now and we be fine. Adkins dad getting kicked out was highlight of night tho :lol:

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

How can a person get kicked out at the Convo! Seats are so far back from floor! He must have a loud voice to be heard from the stands!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Izladoom wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:20 am Biggest surprise for me was lack of support from the burg community it was definitely 75% for NW and even the ones that showed up was pretty quiet the whole game only thing I can think of is they really underestimated nw like most on here did but yeah the calls was not that balanced even the nw fans around us was laughing at some of them but burg did themselves no favors of just not being able to shoot the ball they had so man wide open shots and layups and couldn’t get anything to fall
Outside of northwest, was their any true team support? I heard it was dead in the district semis. I feel sports are changing when it comes to community support.

Reasons maybe like covid, transfers, etc. I don’t know seems off in the grand scheme of it all.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

How about live streams!

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Burgpirater, funniest post I've read in awhile, Arm Tube Man lol haven't seen one of those for years!

gobucs20
Freshman Team

Post by gobucs20 »

Burg will be fine just need to recruit a few better players for next year.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

wobycat wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:00 am
Izladoom wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:20 am Biggest surprise for me was lack of support from the burg community it was definitely 75% for NW and even the ones that showed up was pretty quiet the whole game only thing I can think of is they really underestimated nw like most on here did but yeah the calls was not that balanced even the nw fans around us was laughing at some of them but burg did themselves no favors of just not being able to shoot the ball they had so man wide open shots and layups and couldn’t get anything to fall
Outside of northwest, was their any true team support? I heard it was dead in the district semis. I feel sports are changing when it comes to community support.

Reasons maybe like covid, transfers, etc. I don’t know seems off in the grand scheme of it all.
We showed up in Black on Friday. Probably a bigger crowd than most of our home games.

Reckon burg must’ve been thinking they’ll catch the next game after they beat little ole Northwest.

And also LOL at the inflatable man comments 😂 Prater looks like he needs a binky 99% of the game

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
HERO
Riding the Bench

Post by HERO »

Streaming games is great, but it has hurt attendance across the board for football and basketball games.

It really hurts the gates during the regular season during football and basketball.

Eugene2009
Riding the Bench

Post by Eugene2009 »

burgpirater wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:05 am
art_vandelay wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:06 am Congrats to the Mohawks…great to see this for their community, school, and fans! Lintz was best player on the floor today. Bolin was right behind him. And their fan support was unreal…loved hearing that roar in the Convo after every Northwest bucket!

Lmao how our guys not gonna complain bout every call when our coach looks like a wacky wavin inflatable arm tube man outside of car dealership every time Ref blows a whistle :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good season Lattimore big addition for us. Our sophomores be fine good experience for them just need to learn to score w out Lattimore now and we be fine. Adkins dad getting kicked out was highlight of night tho :lol:
Hahaha….that’s the best thing I’ve heard on here in while !

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:29 am
wobycat wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:00 am

We showed up in Black on Friday. Probably a bigger crowd than most of our home games.

Reckon burg must’ve been thinking they’ll catch the next game after they beat little ole Northwest.

And also LOL at the inflatable man comments 😂 Prater looks like he needs a binky 99% of the game

No way Burg fans and players overlooked NW after they manhandled Portsmouth! If they did they deserved the butt kicking they received.

Burg has a lot of older fans and two things have killed attendance. I'd say number 1 is streaming the game. Lot easier to watch from your couch instead of making that trek to Athens.
Number 2 is all the cashless bullshit the OH$AA has implemented come tourney time. Lot of older people do not even know how to buy the tickets online and a lot of them don't even have a credit card to do it. OH$AA is a money hungry entity that deserves to have less and less fans show up for games. It was okay to allow cash during the regular season but then not tourney time??? Didn't want to miss out on those fees associated with buying tickets online.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Maybe they could cover “how to pay with a credit card” in their 5 ⭐️ curriculum?

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Biggest issue is undoubtedly streaming. Many would rather fire up the YouTube app on their TV over driving 60-90 minutes one way, paying $5 to park, another $10-$50 in tickets depending on family size, plus more in food, gas, etc.

Hoopsjunky0112
Waterboy

Post by Hoopsjunky0112 »

Watching the Wheelersburg coaches complain about the officiating makes it EASY to understand why the players do the same. What a bad look for the school that was. I would RELISH the opportunity to watch the game film with that staff so they could see why they really lost the game. Unfortunately, the coaching staff and team thought it was the officials.

Northwest was really fun to watch. Hard nosed, skilled and really passionate. Was an absolute joy to watch them play for the first time.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Hoopsjunky0112 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:23 pm Watching the Wheelersburg coaches complain about the officiating makes it EASY to understand why the players do the same. What a bad look for the school that was. I would RELISH the opportunity to watch the game film with that staff so they could see why they really lost the game. Unfortunately, the coaching staff and team thought it was the officials.

Northwest was really fun to watch. Hard nosed, skilled and really passionate. Was an absolute joy to watch them play for the first time.
Do other area coaches, players, and fans not complain about officiating? Only Burg?

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

TigerBob wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:47 pm Maybe they could cover “how to pay with a credit card” in their 5 ⭐️ curriculum?
That 5-star rating is killing you, isn’t it? :)

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

wobycat wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:49 pm
Hoopsjunky0112 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:23 pm Watching the Wheelersburg coaches complain about the officiating makes it EASY to understand why the players do the same. What a bad look for the school that was. I would RELISH the opportunity to watch the game film with that staff so they could see why they really lost the game. Unfortunately, the coaching staff and team thought it was the officials.

Do other area coaches, players, and fans not complain about officiating? Only Burg?
Apparently based on some of the comments.

Return to “Boys Basketball”