N W VS BURG

wobycat
SEOPS

Re: N W VS BURG

Post by wobycat »

Larry Fine wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:49 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:27 am
RBH23 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:38 pm

No one said Northwest won because of the officials. Northwest was absolutely the better team. Would probably beat Burg 7-8x out of 10 games.

But the officials simply called an inconsistent game. That fact can be true as well.

This isn’t rocket science folks. Was not hard to see both were true even for people who have never played, never coached, or never officiated.

NW was the better team but bottom line NW was allowed to play more physical and it showed. Wasn't surprised of the foul discrepancy especially when I saw Schwartzel was one of the officials. That guy has had a hardon for Burg for years and no one really knows why. He made two total calls in Burg's favorite and I know this because I kept track of him. Not sure who the other two officals were but when one team (Burg) drives the lane, gets hammered with no call and the other team (NW) drives the lane and gets the call on the same type of play, yeah it's going to alter one teams play. Burg's offense all season was driving to the hole and getting a layup or the foul. They weren't getting the fouls on Saturday. Still not saying officials alone cost the Burg. NW was stronger. NW was just able to play there game. Burg wasn't!!!

It's funny that I was listening to the radio guys on WNXT and one of them said that I can betcha all of Scioto County was pulling for the Mohawks today just made me chuckle. Seemed about right.
So you’re hinting around that Schwartzel does not like Wheelersburg and intentionally calls an unfair game when Burg plays ? Also that the referees would watch the Burg players get “hammered” and would intentionally not call the foul ?
I don’t know about that but Schwartz is definitely a ref that likes to be seen. I don’t think he’s as good as he thinks he is. I just thought the officiating was inconsistent for both teams. It hurt burg because they let it frustrate them hence why they acted like they did.

Hoopsjunky0112
Waterboy

Post by Hoopsjunky0112 »

wobycat wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:18 am

NW was the better team but bottom line NW was allowed to play more physical and it showed. Wasn't surprised of the foul discrepancy especially when I saw Schwartzel was one of the officials. That guy has had a hardon for Burg for years and no one really knows why. He made two total calls in Burg's favorite and I know this because I kept track of him. Not sure who the other two officals were but when one team (Burg) drives the lane, gets hammered with no call and the other team (NW) drives the lane and gets the call on the same type of play, yeah it's going to alter one teams play. Burg's offense all season was driving to the hole and getting a layup or the foul. They weren't getting the fouls on Saturday. Still not saying officials alone cost the Burg. NW was stronger. NW was just able to play there game. Burg wasn't!!!

It's funny that I was listening to the radio guys on WNXT and one of them said that I can betcha all of Scioto County was pulling for the Mohawks today just made me chuckle. Seemed about right.
So you’re hinting around that Schwartzel does not like Wheelersburg and intentionally calls an unfair game when Burg plays ? Also that the referees would watch the Burg players get “hammered” and would intentionally not call the foul ?
I don’t know about that but Schwartz is definitely a ref that likes to be seen. I don’t think he’s as good as he thinks he is. I just thought the officiating was inconsistent for both teams. It hurt burg because they let it frustrate them hence why they acted like they did.
I would 100% agree with you that Kevin Schwartzel is not as good as he thinks he is. Have thought that forever, despite his referee HOF induction.

Larry Fine
Freshman Team

Post by Larry Fine »

Ok that makes sense . I knew something wasn’t right. Burg players and coaches don’t act that way for no reason. That had to be frustrating watching that happen the whole time.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Larry Fine wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:41 am

Ok that makes sense . I knew something wasn’t right. Burg players and coaches don’t act that way for no reason. That had to be frustrating watching that happen the whole time.
"I'm picking up some sarcasm." Tommy Boy

Man people love dumping on the Burg. Lol

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

RBH23 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:38 pm

No one said Northwest won because of the officials. Northwest was absolutely the better team. Would probably beat Burg 7-8x out of 10 games.

But the officials simply called an inconsistent game. That fact can be true as well.

This isn’t rocket science folks. Was not hard to see both were true even for people who have never played, never coached, or never officiated.

Bingo!! No one knows why he hates Burg. I had heard him and Coach Barrick got into about 15 years ago and he has held a grudge since.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

How many times are the same people going to type “Northwest was better but the refs screwed us!”

Wheelersburg athletics is superior in every way to Northwest. You lost one year. Let them have this one without making excuses.

Maybe Northwest got more calls because Lintz was able to drive past anyone guarding him and Wheelersburg wasn’t able to?

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

I've been thinking the same thing, deep down they can't believe Northwest beat them , so the refs beat them. bUT Northwest has a good team! lol

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

Same ole crybaby burg fan that bitch about the refs every game and also hate Swartz and bashes him Everytime he sees him 😂 , sounds like he's the one with the hardon 😂.

Take the fing L and move one whiney azz

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

I watched the game with unbiased eyes and not one time did I think the referees had anything to do with the outcome. Northwest was just better and based off what they did to Portsmouth a few days prior, I don’t think they would’ve beaten Burg 7/10 times like one poster said. I think it would be more along the 9-10/10 times. Northwest has a great team and you can tell they have played together for a long time. Very fluid and always seemed to be one step ahead in this tournament run so far.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

I know Ironton and Wheelersburg always goes back and forth on recruiting thing. So in reality then, Wheelersburg only scored 42 points, right. Now consider the one transfer in scored 26 out of those, that leaves only 16 points scored from homegrown talent. That's not going to get any team very far. My outlook on this game was the Mohawks took them to the house all nite!

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

Pinwheel wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:22 pm Same ole crybaby burg fan that bitch about the refs every game and also hate Swartz and bashes him Everytime he sees him 😂 , sounds like he's the one with the hardon 😂.

Take the fing L and move one whiney azz
That's right buddy. How many games have you watched him ref a Burg game over the years? I saw what I saw in all of those games and I will continue to post how horrible he is after every Burg game because he will never change. His beef was with Coach Barrick and for some reason he is still taking it out on the Burg kids.

He's pathetic and I'll always say it. Schawrtzel called 2 fouls on NW and he was the one under the basket most of the game.
Last edited by yabbadabbadoo on Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Prime Time wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:49 pm I know Ironton and Wheelersburg always goes back and forth on recruiting thing. So in reality then, Wheelersburg only scored 42 points, right. Now consider the one transfer in scored 26 out of those, that leaves only 16 points scored from homegrown talent. That's not going to get any team very far. My outlook on this game was the Mohawks took them to the house all nite!

Burg don’t grow em like they used to. Or did they ever grow their own?

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

TigerBob wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:01 pm How many times are the same people going to type “Northwest was better but the refs screwed us!”

Wheelersburg athletics is superior in every way to Northwest. You lost one year. Let them have this one without making excuses.

Maybe Northwest got more calls because Lintz was able to drive past anyone guarding him and Wheelersburg wasn’t able to?
Good ol TigerBob spewing the crap again. Not one Burg fan said the refs screwed Burg. Everyone is saying NW was able to play more physical and it affected Burg's style of play, which is taking the ball to the hole. Burg was a young team and once they started getting hammered with no calls, took them out of their game.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:16 pm
Prime Time wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:49 pm I know Ironton and Wheelersburg always goes back and forth on recruiting thing. So in reality then, Wheelersburg only scored 42 points, right. Now consider the one transfer in scored 26 out of those, that leaves only 16 points scored from homegrown talent. That's not going to get any team very far. My outlook on this game was the Mohawks took them to the house all nite!

Says the man whose team is playing with what, 3 Burg transfers!!!

You are a clown!!

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

So it was the refs that lost the game to the Mohawks, one ref for years hates the Burg kids, ok that answers all the reasons why Northwest pounded them with the help of one ref. Wow! Gotta luv this!

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:16 pm

Now where was wagoner from? I can't remember?

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

You are correct and Burg fans have said that all year. They would not have even made it out of the Sectional had they not had Lattimore but at least Burg fans can step up and admit that. ASk Ironton how many games they would have won in football over the last 6 years without all of the transfers. You will get crickets from that group!!

Ask Swanker how far his team would have went if it wasn't for the transfers from Burg!!
Last edited by yabbadabbadoo on Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:20 pm
TigerBob wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:01 pm How many times are the same people going to type “Northwest was better but the refs screwed us!”

Good ol TigerBob spewing the crap again. Not one Burg fan said the refs screwed Burg. Everyone is saying NW was able to play more physical and it affected Burg's style of play, which is taking the ball to the hole. Burg was a young team and once they started getting hammered with no calls, took them out of their game.
You are literally naming the ref who has an alleged decade plus agenda against Wheelersburg! God you are dumb.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

That’s what I thought, I reread his post and laughed at the double talk! This guy is a Hall of Fame referee and he’s got a agenda against one team, that’s laughable but in peoples minds there has to be a excuse for losing.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Prime Time wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:21 pm So it was the refs that lost the game to the Mohawks, one ref for years hates the Burg kids, ok that answers all the reasons why Northwest pounded them with the help of one ref. Wow! Gotta luv this!
Reading comprehension is really bad on this board. You must have went to IHS with their solid 2 star education.

Not one Burg fan has said “NW won because of the refs.” The fact is every Burg fan has given nothing but praise to the NW team stating that the better team won.

We are simply pointing out a bad ref who really shouldn’t be officiating based on this performance. I didn’t know his name or background issues with Burg, but it was clear his bias watching the game.

Return to “Boys Basketball”