N W VS BURG

callie11
Freshman Team

N W VS BURG

Post by callie11 »

Of all teams at the Conve last weekend, I thought Northwest had the best performance Sunday. Looked like the most poised.

bfry
JV Team

Re: N W VS BURG

Post by bfry »

Pretty cool matchup I think. Potential to be a really good one. Looking forward to watching it.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Burg will need to limit one of NW top two scorers below their average to win it. Hard to keep lintz from getting down hill toward the basket so they may have to zone some and take chances on north west being cold from the arc.

Offensively burg can score quickly so north west will want burg to not get off to a hot start.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

I do think this will be a close one, NW has 3-4 starting seniors in this one and they compete. I think you’ll see Lintz on Lattimore which could be a good matchup. Both teams playing with a ton of confidence I’ll go with Burg by 6 but won’t be surprised with a NW upset.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

NW is physical on defense and patient on offense. If BURG is careless with the ball and dont shoot free throws any better they'll lose.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Lattimore has to stay out of foul trouble this game and there hasn't been a team yet that has been able to stop him from driving to the basket or he just jump stops and hits like a 12 footer and I think as long as Rucker and McGraw look to score like they did against SP Burg will be in good shape and Burg defense IMO is the best around the area and I do give NW credit they have alot of senior starters that have played alot of ball together I do think that Burg matches up well with them but this game could go either way I think. Also Burg has to shoot better from the free throw line 7 for 21 won't get it in this game. Bur I like Burggs chances I'll take Burg by 7 so GO BURG PLAY HARD AND SMART WE GOT THIS !!!!

Burg grad 85
BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

greygoose wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:18 pm I do think this will be a close one, NW has 3-4 starting seniors in this one and they compete. I think you’ll see Lintz on Lattimore which could be a good matchup. Both teams playing with a ton of confidence I’ll go with Burg by 6 but won’t be surprised with a NW upset.
I doubt you'll see Lintz on Lattimore maybe just a little bit. Probably be Lewis or Jenkins. Lewis or Jenkins usually gets the oppositions best player.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

This should be an instant classic.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

BigBlueNation wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:51 pm
greygoose wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:18 pm I do think this will be a close one, NW has 3-4 starting seniors in this one and they compete. I think you’ll see Lintz on Lattimore which could be a good matchup. Both teams playing with a ton of confidence I’ll go with Burg by 6 but won’t be surprised with a NW upset.
I doubt you'll see Lintz on Lattimore maybe just a little bit. Probably be Lewis or Jenkins. Lewis or Jenkins usually gets the oppositions best player.
Makes since guessing they do that do Lintz isn’t wearing himself out on both ends.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Should be a good competitive game. I’m sure NW is aware but burg will actually give effort and play D

callie11
Freshman Team

Post by callie11 »

I'll ask the question, any one streaming these games ?

JeepNation26
Freshman Team

Post by JeepNation26 »

callie11 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:10 am I'll ask the question, any one streaming these games ?
I look for SOSA to stream both Friday games and Saturday games.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

fbnut wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:25 am Should be a good competitive game. I’m sure NW is aware but burg will actually give effort and play D
BMG Media will be streaming both Friday night games and NW/Burg on Saturday.

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Look, when you get to this point in the tournament, you do not play bad teams. Teams may have a bad game but they are in this spot for a reason. Looking for a hard fought game Saturday. Both teams have been scouted and know what each other like to do and will do. It is all going to come down to execution on the offensive and defensive end, rebounding and staying out of foul trouble.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

JeepNation26 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:55 am
callie11 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:10 am I'll ask the question, any one streaming these games ?
Yes, we will have all 4 games. The links should be posted soon

This should be a fun game, we said it on Overtime this week, but I think Burg needs to keep Jenkins, Lewis, Wolfenbarker from impacting the game on the offensive end.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

danicalifornia wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:38 pm
JeepNation26 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:55 am
Yes, we will have all 4 games. The links should be posted soon

This should be a fun game, we said it on Overtime this week, but I think Burg needs to keep Jenkins, Lewis, Wolfenbarker from impacting the game on the offensive end.
Wolfenbarker is MY key for NW in this one ... he has the length, shooting touch from the perimeter to BE the "HIM" for Northwest ... the 6-4 sophomore looked comfortable hitting his 4/4 from beyond the arc the other night to go with 7 rbs ... he's a great option when you start pairing off the 2 or 3 must stop players on either team ... looking forward to seeing his napkin stat line post game Saturday night ...

SoutheastHoopsWizard
Waterboy

Post by SoutheastHoopsWizard »

Woul love to see Northwest get it done, but its difficult to pick against the Burg when playing another SOC team.

Lovehoops1
Freshman Team

Post by Lovehoops1 »

Mighty Mighty Mohawks channel the power of the "stache" and move on.
IYKYK

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Great to see Northwest making a run. This has been a real fun group to watch since junior high. They've finally put it all together this season and giving their school/fans some great memories.

But like the poster said above, I just can't go against Burg against another SOC team in a game like this. Burg expects to be on this stage yearly, and Lattimore just wills them to win after win. Prater quickly becoming one of the best coaches in southeastern Ohio. I'll take Burg by a score of 57-54.*

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Congrats to Lintz and Bolin for getting co player of the year and Jenkins for getting defensive player of the year in SOC2.
Scarberry was coach of the year.

Return to “Boys Basketball”