SE

Re: South Webster 22-3 vs. Leesburg Fairfield 22-3 REGIONAL SEMI

Post by transplant »

Thanks for the updates Dani!

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

danicalifornia wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:10 pm Great game!

Webster wins 48-45
Thank you for the updates. Very much appreciated 👏

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

WE STILL DEM BOYZ WOOOOO

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Webster could never pull away, but kept getting big plays when they needed them.

Barnard, Sommer, Shupert and White all had big plays in the 4th to give the extra help to Roberts when they needed it. That kind of full team effort will give them an excellent chance on Friday against a really good Hiland team.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

PUT THE WORD OUT

SWANKER STILL UP

4out1in
Waterboy

Post by 4out1in »

Great updates Dani, thanks.

val13
Freshman Team

Post by val13 »

danicalifornia wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:09 pm Williams drew up a brilliant play, but Dylan Shupert blocked the 3 from out of nowhere!

1.2 to play, still 48-45. FF ball.
Play of the game IMO. Somebody get Shupert a game ball.

BallDontLie
JV Team

Post by BallDontLie »

I thought the officiating was good for the most part! In the regionals nobody wants to watch a game dictated by calls. 10-0 run to start the game set the tone, Fairfield battled like crazy all game and the Jeeps had an answer every time a run was made. The coaching adjustments back and forth was good to see as well.

The jeeps will have their hands full with Hiland. They play suffocating defense and play so well late in games. But I think SW is talented enough to make it interesting

Lovehoops1
Freshman Team

Post by Lovehoops1 »

Robert's gotta give more effort if the Jeeps want to beat Hiland. They need him to step up big.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

SW just kept getting to the rim really pounded the inside. Fairfield nailing the 3s really kept this one close. Good game but to beat Hiland is going to be a really tough task. Congrats and good luck

IVCguy
Riding the Bench

Post by IVCguy »

BallDontLie wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:24 pm I thought the officiating was good for the most part! In the regionals nobody wants to watch a game dictated by calls. 10-0 run to start the game set the tone, Fairfield battled like crazy all game and the Jeeps had an answer every time a run was made. The coaching adjustments back and forth was good to see as well.

The jeeps will have their hands full with Hiland. They play suffocating defense and play so well late in games. But I think SW is talented enough to make it interesting
Hmmm. I actually think Hiland is the underdog. NC wasn't very good. Hiland hedged and cut off their drives and NC had a lot of trouble scoring.

Hiland is depleted. They lost 3 main cogs to injury. They went from a team with some size to one that needs to play small ball. They won a sectional game a few weeks ago and looked terrible. But they are very, very well-coached and somehow, some way, they have learned how to play a different style in just a few weeks.

Looking forward to seeing how it plays out. But if it is the Hawks moving on to state, I wouldn't be shocked because of the bald guy roaming their sideline and his staff, but I would be surprised. FWIW

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

danicalifornia wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:15 pm Webster could never pull away, but kept getting big plays when they needed them.

Barnard, Sommer, Shupert and White all had big plays in the 4th to give the extra help to Roberts when they needed it. That kind of full team effort will give them an excellent chance on Friday against a really good Hiland team.
I would argue those roll players throughout the season carried it in this one and they got help from Eli here and there throughout. Multiple turnovers, standing on the baseline and walking around the other guys carried the team and stepped up big team win.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

greygoose wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:48 pm
danicalifornia wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:15 pm Webster could never pull away, but kept getting big plays when they needed them.

I would argue those roll players throughout the season carried it in this one and they got help from Eli here and there throughout. Multiple turnovers, standing on the baseline and walking around the other guys carried the team and stepped up big team win.
The whole team played well tonight. ER did fine. The 4 point play and the deflection with 17 seconds left was clutch

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Probably could’ve called several fouls on Shupert drives to the bucket. The .01 second jump ball calls are ridiculous

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:30 pm
greygoose wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 9:48 pm

The whole team played well tonight. ER did fine. The 4 point play and the deflection with 17 seconds left was clutch
6-9 from the field and only 2 turnovers. I thought his body language was the best I’ve seen from him in the 6-7 times I’ve seen this year. He made some big plays for sure.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:33 pm Probably could’ve called several fouls on Shupert drives to the bucket. The .01 second jump ball calls are ridiculous
Nothing was getting called from the baseline official, no matter which one it was. I don’t even remember who it was against, but there was one foul called on a drive and it took away a layup.

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

danicalifornia wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:35 pm
The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:33 pm Probably could’ve called several fouls on Shupert drives to the bucket. The .01 second jump ball calls are ridiculous
Nothing was getting called from the baseline official, no matter which one it was. I don’t even remember who it was against, but there was one foul called on a drive and it took away a layup.
They called one on a ER drive to the hoop while he was 99% of the way into the act of shooting on the floor lol. Wild

Return to “Boys Basketball”