Post by mattash »

Thoughts?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Hoopie74
SEOP

Re: Harvest Prep v North Adams

Post by Hoopie74 »

The farm boys will play hard. They know the value of work.

Hoopsjunky0112
Waterboy

Post by Hoopsjunky0112 »

I think North Adams has the guards to handle the Harvest Prep pressure. Copas will get his chance to work on defenders 1 on 1. Just a matter of how many shots they can make.

Defensively, they will have to be more gap sound to avoid easy buckets by HP. If they beat you making jump shots you live with it. Little nervous about their ability to rebound it well enough to win. NA has an awesome team though, and looking forward to the game.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

North Adams can win this.

SoutheastHoopsWizard
Waterboy

Post by SoutheastHoopsWizard »

Pulling for Coach Copas and North Adams. Agree, they will have to do a better job of keeping drivers out of the middle and do better job boarding the ball on misses to have a shot.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

They have to rebound the entire game like they did in the second half against Minford. Harvest Prep is very good, but what I saw earlier this season, I think North Adams can compete.

Rooting for the Devils and hoping they can pull off the upset.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the North Adams starters are ALL solid, 4 legitimate scorers of the ball - makes them difficult to defend imo ... I'ma BIG fan of Schweickart ... all of the Green Devils seem "mature" on the court with their decision making/play ... Coach Copas/Coach McMormick are outstanding ... SEO IS behind NA ... I always have a problem with the Central District teams looking at the SE District/Regional as a "bump in the road" to them getting to the Final Four ...

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:44 pm ... the North Adams starters are ALL solid, 4 legitimate scorers of the ball - makes them difficult to defend imo ... I'ma BIG fan of Schweickart ... all of the Green Devils seem "mature" on the court with their decision making/play ... Coach Copas/Coach McMormick are outstanding ... SEO IS behind NA ... I always have a problem with the Central District teams looking at the SE District/Regional as a "bump in the road" to them getting to the Final Four ...
I've got my fingers crossed for all the southeast boys in all divisions.North Adams has a complete team and there are a few reserves that can play defense and light it up. Nathan hasn't had to use them yet. Play hard and play smart Devils. We're behind you all 100% here in Peebles.

BasketballFan22
Riding the Bench

Post by BasketballFan22 »

Hoping the best for this North Adams team. Still wish the private schools would have their own state tournament.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

If HP wins this Regional that will mean a public school last win in this Regional was 2016 by Fairland, who then got smoked by Cleveland St. Joseph in the state semi-final.

I think all of SE OHio is rooting for NA in this one.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

pfloyd wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:44 pm ... I always have a problem with the Central District teams looking at the SE District/Regional as a "bump in the road" to them getting to the Final Four ...
For what it’s worth, I don’t necessarily think that’s the case this year — and it could be that it may not be the case anymore in the years to come.

I’ll preface with a simple explanation on “may not be the case anymore”: the RPI seeding, and the RPI seeding as it relates to the Central District. The following is going to be a lot, but it should give context.

This year, the top five seeds in the Central picked the following brackets,

#1 Columbus Academy (NW regional)
#2 North Union (SE regional)
#3 Harvest Prep (SE regional)
#4 Johnstown Northridge (NW regional)
#5 Worthington Christian (NW regional)

The district runner-up for the bracket feeding into the SE regional was Africentric, which was the #12 seed.

This year, the NW regional prospect was likely the more daunting option because of Ottawa-Glandorf and Ohio State signee Collin White.

Academy and WC are in a new league this year, one that got created out of thin air to avoid the prospect of having to play Harvest Prep in the regular season. Academy and WC’s league has some good hoops programs, and the league is a huge RPI machine. At the same time, there are some legitimate hard feelings between the CA/WC pack and Prep.

I would not be surprised (at all) if the CA/WC pack avoids going to the Southeast Regional in the years to come. Whoever of CA/WC has the seed higher than HP (and thus earlier priority in bracket placement) looks at it as a chance to stay away from Prep in districts, and it would appear whoever has the seed lower of HP between CA/WC is willing to play a round 3 against the higher seed of CA/WC just to avoid playing Prep in districts.

The biggest irony is I think WC was probably better than HP, and maybe CA was as good as Prep? WC would likely be a 2-pt favorite vs HP and CA a slight dog. I think the days of Central District powerhouses prioritizing “easier regional” are over in D3 this year and possibly the future D5/D6.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:12 pm
pfloyd wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:44 pm ... I always have a problem with the Central District teams looking at the SE District/Regional as a "bump in the road" to them getting to the Final Four ...
For what it’s worth, I don’t necessarily think that’s the case this year — and it could be that it may not be the case anymore in the years to come.

I’ll preface with a simple explanation on “may not be the case anymore”: the RPI seeding, and the RPI seeding as it relates to the Central District. The following is going to be a lot, but it should give context.

The district runner-up for the bracket feeding into the SE regional was Africentric, which was the #12 seed.

This year, the NW regional prospect was likely the more daunting option because of Ottawa-Glandorf and Ohio State signee Collin White.

Academy and WC are in a new league this year, one that got created out of thin air to avoid the prospect of having to play Harvest Prep in the regular season. Academy and WC’s league has some good hoops programs, and the league is a huge RPI machine. At the same time, there are some legitimate hard feelings between the CA/WC pack and Prep.

I would not be surprised (at all) if the CA/WC pack avoids going to the Southeast Regional in the years to come. Whoever of CA/WC has the seed higher than HP (and thus earlier priority in bracket placement) looks at it as a chance to stay away from Prep in districts, and it would appear whoever has the seed lower of HP between CA/WC is willing to play a round 3 against the higher seed of CA/WC just to avoid playing Prep in districts.

The biggest irony is I think WC was probably better than HP, and maybe CA was as good as Prep? WC would likely be a 2-pt favorite vs HP and CA a slight dog. I think the days of Central District powerhouses prioritizing “easier regional” are over in D3 this year and possibly the future D5/D6.
... good stuff! thanks so much with the scoop as to what is happening in the Central District and it's "avoidance" of the HP machine ...

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

Best wishes to North Adams.

gobucs20
Freshman Team

Post by gobucs20 »

Hp by a lot.

Elijah Craig
Freshman Team

Post by Elijah Craig »

formerfcfan wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:12 pm

I guess I really never knew that the Central teams were able to select which region they wanted to compete in. I always assumed it was predetermined.

very interesting

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Good luck North Adams.

FrontrowNA
Waterboy

Post by FrontrowNA »

North Adams is playing really well right now. If they can take care of the ball like they did against Minford I like their chances.

callie11
Freshman Team

Post by callie11 »

I hope NA can win ,but now that the football schools are mostly out of the tournament, this is where the bb schools take over. I believe H P will win because they are mostly a basketball team.

Tri_State79
Varsity

Post by Tri_State79 »

Hoopie74 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 12:34 pm The farm boys will play hard. They know the value of work.
😭😭

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

callie11 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 8:53 am I hope NA can win ,but now that the football schools are mostly out of the tournament, this is where the bb schools take over. I believe H P will win because they are mostly a basketball team.
Well of course, they’re a private school that recruits for each sport. Look where they’re at in the football world also.

Return to “Boys Basketball”