Regional Championship THE South Webster Jeeps vs Berlin Hiland

bfry
JV Team

Re: Regional Championship THE South Webster Jeeps vs Berlin Hiland

Post by bfry »

bfry wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:21 am
bfry wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:19 am Is this the same Schlabach that played at Malone?
Nevermind. I think his name was Andy Schlabach. Is this perhaps his dad?
Nope, it was Bob Schlabach. Found it.

Bucketz
Waterboy

Post by Bucketz »

Dave also played at Malone. Former girls coach at Hiland

RadioLady
Riding the Bench

Post by RadioLady »

Heard ole poopy britches put in a new defense just for this game

IVCguy
Riding the Bench

Post by IVCguy »

RadioLady wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:52 am Heard ole poopy britches put in a new defense just for this game
I kinda want to hear what all this "poopy britches" and diaper talk is about, but I'm afraid to ask - and fear that if I hear it, I'll regret it. Lol.

We have all had that situation where the lower GI tract sends a message to the frontal cortex: "You are going to brown your britches in 18.3 seconds." Not a good feeling. Lol

Barn Baller
Waterboy

Post by Barn Baller »

S Webster play any zone? I'm guessing that would be the move.

Eugene2009
Riding the Bench

Post by Eugene2009 »

IVCguy wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 1:03 pm
RadioLady wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:52 am Heard ole poopy britches put in a new defense just for this game
I kinda want to hear what all this "poopy britches" and diaper talk is about, but I'm afraid to ask - and fear that if I hear it, I'll regret it. Lol.

We have all had that situation where the lower GI tract sends a message to the frontal cortex: "You are going to brown your britches in 18.3 seconds." Not a good feeling. Lol
Norm missed a few games to a health issue, not related in any way to bowel issues. But that was just dumb crap the pussiecat fans of thimble started because they knew what was gonna do to ol Howie once we faced off.

IVCguy
Riding the Bench

Post by IVCguy »

Eugene2009 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:58 pm

Norm missed a few games to a health issue, not related in any way to bowel issues. But that was just dumb crap the pussiecat fans of thimble started because they knew what was gonna do to ol Howie once we faced off.
Ok. Lol. Thanks.

Rivalries are interesting in how they get expressed sometimes.

Eugene2009
Riding the Bench

Post by Eugene2009 »

IVCguy wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:07 pm

Ok. Lol. Thanks.

Lol no doubt

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

Barn Baller wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:37 pm S Webster play any zone? I'm guessing that would be the move.
Play 1-3-1 sometimes. It’s not a secret.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
IVCguy
Riding the Bench

Post by IVCguy »

Hiland struggled against zones a few weeks ago. Not sure how good of an idea that is now. They have seemed to have adapted to playing without the big fella, but it couldn't hurt to try it and see how they shoot against it.

Gray Cat
Varsity

Post by Gray Cat »

IVCguy wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 6:07 pm

Ok. Lol. Thanks.

SW fans don’t like to admit it, or maybe they’re in denial, but it’s actually true. Have you noticed they never say what the issue was? Trust me, it involves a lot of brown 8-)

Hookshot
Varsity

Post by Hookshot »

Anything can happen, especially at tournament time. If Roberts is contained, I'd say Hiland by 18. If he has a solid game, Hiland by 5.

BasketballFan22
Riding the Bench

Post by BasketballFan22 »

Can you grow up and actually be an adult? It’s not true and if it were, I feel bad for you for making fun of someone else’s health issues..

ItsMyOpinion
Varsity

Post by ItsMyOpinion »

Regardless of what others say, in my opinion South Webster should win this game. This Hiland team is not the same team that played in the Final Four last year. It has been hit hard by injuries throughout the year while SW is the same team that has played together from Day 1. Both team are well coach even though Coach Persin is doing minimum coaching but his presence is still important.

Roberts will be the most talented player on the floor. SW’s size is the difference here. Both team’s guards are good and play with toughness. I’m not saying SW will win but they should. On paper SW should win BUT the game is not played on paper. Of course …. That is just my opinion.

HHS
Waterboy

Post by HHS »

ItsMyOpinion wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:56 am Regardless of what others say, in my opinion South Webster should win this game. This Hiland team is not the same team that played in the Final Four last year. It has been hit hard by injuries throughout the year while SW is the same team that has played together from Day 1. Both team are well coach even though Coach Persin is doing minimum coaching but his presence is still important.

Roberts will be the most talented player on the floor. SW’s size is the difference here. Both team’s guards are good and play with toughness. I’m not saying SW will win but they should. On paper SW should win BUT the game is not played on paper. Of course …. That is just my opinion.
As a Hiland fan who has not missed a game in several years, I would respectfully disagree with the assessment that last year‘s Hiland team was better than this one- even with the injuries we currently have I think this team is better. Before we had injuries this year, the team was significantly better.

Hiland at this point is capable of playing very well or playing very poor. Tonight should be an interesting game. Hiland will need to shoot fairly well and they have definitely been streaky this year.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

Does anybody know if this is the first meeting between Berlin Hiland and South Webster in basketball? I know they have met in soccer and baseball postseason play before.

As for this one, like others already said, Hiland not going to beat themselves. Webster going to have to be dialed in from the opening tip and 4 quarters if they want to advance to Dayton. Also going to have to get scoring from someone other than Roberts and Sommer as well. Barnard gave them big minutes last couple of games and expect it again tonight. I like the Jeeps to take this one by a score of 51-47.*

The Ghost of Swanker
SEOPS H

Post by The Ghost of Swanker »

BasketballFan22 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:11 am
Can you grow up and actually be an adult? It’s not true and if it were, I feel bad for you for making fun of someone else’s health issues..
Best thing to do is report the post and make @wobycat do his job and earn his keep around here.

As for this one. The Jeeps gotta do it for Dale and John.

Beatin the brakes off em in the thunderdome
Game count 2023 : 54
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

The Ghost of Swanker wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:59 am
BasketballFan22 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:11 am
Best thing to do is report the post and make @wobycat do his job and earn his keep around here.

As for this one. The Jeeps gotta do it for Dale and John.
*Technical Foul. Do you toss and turn every other night knowing that if Burg doesn't have a pre game technical that you would had to split second place with Minford?

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Good Luck Jeeps!

Ignore Swanky. Hiland won't have an answer for Roberts but they will the rest. Those guys have to ball out.

Spalding22
Riding the Bench

Post by Spalding22 »

wobycat wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:39 pm Good Luck Jeeps!

Ignore Swanky. Hiland won't have an answer for Roberts but they will the rest. Those guys have to ball out.
Agreed. I believe Persin needs to personally give some over the other guys the green light to shoot if they have good shots. I believe it would give them confidence, as opposed to taking them out after a missed shot, or a bad play. Shupert stepped up against Trimble, and I believe somebody other than Roberts and Sommer will have to step up tonight. SW by 8. Maybe go 1-3-1 the first half, then switch to man and maybe a press in the second half if need be. Just my thoughts if Hiland has indeed had trouble with zones.

Return to “Boys Basketball”