Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #8

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
eaglegrad
Riding the Bench

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #8

Post by eaglegrad »

Valley 69
Minford 32

Game was last night and Valley moves to 8-3.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

QBear wrote:The Scioto Valley Conference is a terrible 8-25 in non-league games this winter. Including Zane Trace and Piketon being a combined 3-5.

Yeah horrible, ZT lost to non conference Madison Plains, withouth Haynes, Logan Elm and Peebles, all of without Haynes and all very good teams! lol Logan Elm and Peebles are 1 and 2 on this list. Piketon has lost non league to Mifflin and Waverly. Waverly is on the short list on here as well and Mifflin would play with and beat many of the teams on here as well.

Piketons non league schedule is as good or better than pretty much everyone in SE Ohio and that includes Chillicothe.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly won at Burg last night (55-45) to move to 10-3. Losses to Logan Elm, Oak Hill (by 2) & South Webster (without Martin).

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

any score on the Ripley/Bethel tate game?

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

All I can say is....bring on the sectionals!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... looks like the Pfloyd Tour 2009-10 will be heading for the Warrior Dome Friday night to see the SEOAL clash between the Big Blue of Warren Local and the league leading Ironton Fighting Tigers of Coach Lafon ... should be a barnburner !!! ... is this get together to be a triple header ??? ... look for pfloyd napkin stats tomorrow night after the game ...

... for Saturday night the PF Tour travels to Zanesville to support Southern Ohio's Streaks from Piketon as they take on the always solid Zanesville ballclub of Coach Aronhalt ... a big time test for Evan Legg and Co. ... same question 2 or 3 games Saturday night ???

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

jchitwood wrote:any score on the Ripley/Bethel tate game?

It was cancelled.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

pfloyd wrote:llabteksab ... take a look at the Cavs overall schedule - 3 losses are to D1 schools Above the Lancaster-Dixon Line (Xenia, Pickerington Central, Timken HS) ... the Timken team that beat Chilli this past weekend at the Schott is at 13-2 with that win over the Cavs ... throw in the Logan Elm 11-2, Ironton 10-2 ... I've had the opportunity to see the Cavs twice giving me more than one opportunity to be able make a pretty good comparison of what CHS brings to the court vs the other top teams in Southern Ohio ... and all the rankings are ARE my opinion based on what I know and what I've seen so far ... so it IS a fair question you have made ..but imo in my mind the Cavs are where they should be going into the Week that IS ...

pfloyd,

Thanks for hanging in there with this Cavs team. You have nailed it on the head. Coach K. will play anyone and has done that. Canton Timken lost to D1 #3 Warren Harding and D1 #11 Massillon Jackson. Cavs played with them for 3 qtrs after dropping one of the craziest games I have ever seen to Ironton. I am to close to the program to speak specifics or individuals, but the Cavs are a few quarters away from being right there. Case in point.

LOSES:

Logan Elm (away) - Down 2 with 2 minutes to go before half and can't score for a quarter.

Ironton Game 1 (Away) - Up by around 14 mid way through 2nd qtr and finally give it all away in the 4th.

Ironton Game 2 (Home) - Up 29-6 with 2 minutes plus to halftime and still up 20 with 6 minutes to go in 3rd and absolutely blow the game.

Pickergton Central (away) - Play 1 bad qtr and lose to a solid D1 school.

Canton Timken (Neutral) - Cavs actually have the lead late in the 2nd qtr and trail by 2 at the half. Trail by 6 or so throughout 3rd and can't finish out against a very strong team. Timken is the only team to beat possible the best team in the nation Columbus Northland in the past two years.

Just a quick note on road trips. We get Logan Elm, Ironton and Marietta back to back to back on the road in less then 9 days. Talk about frequent flier miles (oops..I forgot we drove).

WINS:

Xenia - D1 first game of the year blowout despite 29 turnovers.

SEOAL foes - other than Ironton, the Cavs have held serve on the road and at home. We will see how that continues tomorrow night against Marietta.

Overall, the Cavs played 7 of our first 9 on the road. We know get to reserve that and see what we are made off. I am not worried about seedings in the sectional, but I am sure no one wants to play us.

You have us slotted where we need to be and until we start playing 4 qtrs don't deserve to go higher.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Pfloyd, just 2 games, JV starts at 6:00 pm!

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

South Gallia has won 3 in a row. They are now 4-8...

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

Reedsville Eastern dominated Trimble

Kickinurz
Freshman Team

Post by Kickinurz »

Zane Trace led Unioto 29-12 at the half. They cruised to a 62-38 win. Haynes with 19 points and Maxwell with 16 points. The Chamberlain kid had a monster drop step dunk as well. First time I've seen ZT in a couple of weeks, they looked pretty good.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Peebles by just 3 over Fayetteville

Eastern Brown lost by 5 to a very good Ripley team

Whiteoak over North Adams by 20

BIg game.....Fairfield 56
Manchester 46

Fairfield, Manchester and Whiteoak are killing each other for their sectional seeding

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Very close game at Fayetteville with Peebles coming away with the 61-58 victory. Fayetteville shot an extremely high percentage from the field during the second half of the game and gave Peebles a huge scare. The Indians Varsity moves to 13-0 on the season while the JV and Freshmen move to 11-2 and 11-0 respectively.

chef_piketon
JV Team

Post by chef_piketon »

The Chef's Piketon Redstreaks defeated Paint Valley at Paint Valley 79-56.

Very physical game which saw the Streaks run their record to 11-4. One of the more interesting parts of this game was at the very end when both teams lesser used players got in a three point shooting duel. Think there were six three pointers made in the final 1:30 to close this game out. Think all six three pointers were made without a miss too. Was fun to watch.

Streaks travel to Zanesville tomorrow for a game under the bright lights of this storied program. Should be fun.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

chef_piketon wrote:The Chef's Piketon Redstreaks defeated Paint Valley at Paint Valley 79-56.

Very physical game which saw the Streaks run their record to 11-4. Streaks travel to Zanesville tomorrow for a game under the bright lights of this storied program. Should be fun.

Peebles has to play Paint Valley tommorow. Is there anything you can say about them(Style of play, size, JV/Freshmen teams, etc.)?

chef_piketon
JV Team

Post by chef_piketon »

TribeManiac10 wrote:
chef_piketon wrote:The Chef's Piketon Redstreaks defeated Paint Valley at Paint Valley 79-56.

Very physical game which saw the Streaks run their record to 11-4. Streaks travel to Zanesville tomorrow for a game under the bright lights of this storied program. Should be fun.

Peebles has to play Paint Valley tommorow. Is there anything you can say about them(Style of play, size, JV/Freshmen teams, etc.)?

Paint Valley is physical, tougher than The Chef's $2.99 sirloin steaks, and will fight to the end regardless of the score. They were much improved from the Streaks first contest against them. Be ready for a hard fought contest in the "Jigger".

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

south gallia is now 5-8

AxGrinder
Freshman Team

Post by AxGrinder »

Athens beats Vinton Co. at home 58 - 55. Came back from an eleven pt. deficeit at the 2:00 min. mark. What a comeback! It had to be the best game I've ever attended. Bulldogs should move on up that elite 8 list. Bulldogs know how to win.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the Pfloyd Tour heads for Zanesville to catch up with the Streaks from Piketon taking on one of the best basketball programs year in year out in the state of Ohio - the Blue Devils of Zanesville ... Coach Aronhalt's ZHS teams are always fundamentally sound ball clubs that play the tough defense the way it should be played ... will be a great "barometer" game for Coach Lisath's boyz ... I am looking forward to seeing a "retooled" Legg & Co. in this non conference get together in the 'ville ...

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”