Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio -Preseason

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio -Preseason

Post by biggdowgg »

sounds like Peebles is already in mid season forum, did the Whitley kid, or Jordan play today for Portsmouth?,I know they are both day to day and was to come back soon.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

biggdowgg wrote:sounds like Peebles is already in mid season forum, did the Whitley kid, or Jordan play today for Portsmouth?,I know they are both day to day and was to come back soon.
No I dont believe either played. I dont think Whitley was present at all at the scrimmage. Starters for the trojans were Bratchett, Evans, Underwood, McKinley, and another smaller gaurd(not sure of his name)....its pretty much the same lineup they had when they played at Rio Grande over the summer.

Portsmouth handled Wellston fairly easily in both games they played against the rockets winning by double digits in both contests. The Trojans lost by about 6 or 7 in their first quarter against Peebles, lost the second by 13, and lost the third by 1 after a 3/4ths court desperation heave make by Bratchett. The Trojan JV was 1-1 against Peebles with a seven point victory in the first game and a 12 or 14 point loss in the second.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

TribeManiac10

thank you, the smaller guard was probably L J Adams, I knew this would be a good challenge for Portsmouth,and was hopmng to be there but couldnt make it.

good like to you guys this year.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

biggdowgg wrote:TribeManiac10

thank you, the smaller guard was probably L J Adams, I knew this would be a good challenge for Portsmouth,and was hopmng to be there but couldnt make it.

good like to you guys this year.
Good luck to the trojans also. They have the talent to break through this season...should make for a great game if we meet up down the road in the tourny.

jgordon0315
JV Team

Post by jgordon0315 »

Actually the smaller guard was the coaches son....Len Collins. Whitley and Jordan didn't play...both out with injuries, but both were there, onlooking. Anyways, my take from the game was pretty simple: Our lack of ball handling without Andrew Bendolph was very evident. Portsmouth very possibly could drop early in Pfloyd's elite 8 because of this. But teams better get us early cause that flaw won't be there long, once we get Bendolph back in January...and just healthy altogether. Being without 2 starters, with one of them being our best player, and the other(Whitley) being our best on ball defender, keeps us Trojan fans cautiously optimistic. And truth be told, if you take away Peebles best player and two other main rotation players, then I think they would've struggled too.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

LOL, how could I have forgoten Lenny, Him and Seth will be sharing the guard dutys biggest part of the time, Thanks for the correction

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

It was just one scrimmage, but Peebles exposed Portsmouth's biggest weakness thus far.......jgordon0315 nailed it........ball handling, ball handling, ball handling.......the Indians took full advantage of it and created many Trojan turnovers, a number of which resulted in easy baskets for the Tribe.

No question that the Portsmouth team that played Saturday will look MUCH different in the weeks to come.......two starters will be back.......Bendolph and Whitley.......while the 6th man Jordan should be returning within the next few weeks.........for now, there is still enough talent on the floor for the Trojans to do well IF.........and this is a big IF........they can take care of the basketball and minimize turnovers.

Portsmouth scrimmages Chesapeake on Thursday, and if the Trojans play like they did on Saturday vs. Peebles, it could get very ugly in favor of the Panthers.

GO TROJANS!!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Zane Trace Tip Off Classic
Friday Dec. 3rd/Saturday Dec. 4th

... from information provided by fellow seopster CoyDuke earlier in the preseason :

Friday December 3rd

5:00 Huntington vs Lynchburg ... HHS one of the top 3 teams this season in the SVC

6:45 Lucasville Valley vs Bloom Carroll ... BC very talented team from ABOVE the Lancaster-Dixon Line... favorite in MSL

8:30 Hillsboro vs Logan Elm ... LE Braves w/o a Blake on the TEAM for Coach Stiverson this season, good game to watch...

Saturday December 4th

12:00 Zane Trace Girls vs Alexander

1:45 Westfall vs West Union

3:30 North Adams vs Alexander ...always good to see Coach Young's NA squads

5:00 Zane Trace vs Eastern Brown

6:45 Vinton County vs Fairfield ... Coach Comb's VC Vikings needing to create an identity for itself this season in the opener...

8:30 Piketon vs Greenfield ... Piketon one of the top teams in So. Ohio this season with Legg/Brush & Co. for Coach Lisath ...

...that's the menu as I know it from information provided in October - there was a post stating that Eastern Brown may not be playing? anyone with confirmation of the Menu please post for the rest of us - thanks...getting excited to "Tip Off" the season ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

PFLOYD ... NO TVC TEAMS ANYWHERE ON THE ELITE 8 POST??? Athens, VC - do they not even qualify as "tree huggers"? ... lol

Since you weren't able to make the preview - I went ahead and typed up all the rosters and posted them on trivalleyconference.com ... Just look on each team page under their schedule. A couple of teams didn't have the heights of the players - but I'll get them soon.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

93Bulldog wrote:PFLOYD ... NO TVC TEAMS ANYWHERE ON THE ELITE 8 POST??? Athens, VC - do they not even qualify as "tree huggers"? ... lol

Since you weren't able to make the preview - I went ahead and typed up all the rosters and posted them on trivalleyconference.com ... Just look on each team page under their schedule. A couple of teams didn't have the heights of the players - but I'll get them soon.
Athens is in a tie for 8th and Vinton County is on the tree hugger list.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ah - I see that now ... thx TribeManiac.

Its still good to ruffle 'ol Pfloyds feathers though - he tends to wear those SEOAL covered glasses from time-to-time.

wipala
Varsity

Post by wipala »

pfloyd,,,Thanks for the great start to the BB season,,,people are already giving great input on their favorite team and I hope come March we are still supporting our teams...to all of you folks that are in SE Ohio enjoy this years BB and get out to games, it sure appears like there are going to be some reallly strong teams and the games shoud be barn burnings.....Go Trojans.....wipalawalt

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

Pfloyd, great work as usual. I hope my South Gallia Rebels can manage to prove and move!!! I hope everything is going well for you in your treatment. Our prayers are with you. Also, to give you an update.......My boy Logan is 7 years old and is absolutely a beast on the basketball court. Thanks again for all your kind words for him.

halftime
JV Team

Post by halftime »

I think Portsmouth Clay should be up close to the top for the Tree Huggers

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... and the Clay Panthers WILL have the opportunity in the next 10 weeks to "git r' done" ie. getting near the top of the Treehugger List ... it's time now for TEAMS to "show" IF they belong and where - the TEAMS get it done ON THE COURT with tip-off tomorrow night ... anyone else pumped for tip off? - don't answer that one - I KNOW the answer ...LOL

halftime
JV Team

Post by halftime »

I know you told us not to answer it but I am going to anyways lol I am extremely pumped. It's going to be an exciting year in basketball!!!!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

LOL halftime - I'm right there with you - 5 hours until the TipOff Classic in Zane Trace hoping to get over to see those games tonight or as much as I can-talking my better half into a "hoops date" LOL ... really looking forward to seeing Bloom Carroll/Lucasville Valley and the night cap of Coach Stiverson's Logan Elm Braves vs Hillsboro - I have feeling that LE is going to be a pleasant surprise/better than expected - we will see ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Some games to watch for from tonight's Menu include :

FRIDAY

Zane Trace Tip-Off Classic:

Huntington
Lynchburg Clay

Lucasville Valley
Bloom Carroll

Hillsboro
Logan Elm

Elsewhere:

Adena
Circleville

Southeastern
Peebles

Liberty Union
Amanda

Minford
Eastern Pike

McClain
Goshen

London
Madison Plains

Leesburg Fairfield
East Clinton

Whiteoak
North Adams

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... more Friday Night action to watch for scores ...

Friday 12/03

1. Clay @ Northwest
2. West @ Notre Dame
3. Minford @ Eastern Pike
4. Symmes Valley @ Oak Hill
5. Valley vs Bloom Carrol @ Zane Trace Classic
6. Nelsonville York @ New Lexington

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the TVC teams opening night looks like this ...

Dec. 3rd

Athens
Morgan

Trimble
Alexander

Belpre
Fort Frye

Eastern
Meigs

Nelsonville-York
New Lex

South Gallia