Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio -Preseason

Post by jchitwood »

Peebles over Southeastern by about 40, North Adams 69 over Whiteoak 54

Manchester comes from behind to beat CNE 67-58

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

fayetteville ekes one out over Blanchester, 47-44.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

FRIDAY
Boys Basketball

Zane Trace Tip-Off Classic

Huntington 47
Lynchburg Clay 44

Lucasville Valley 54
Bloom Carroll 65

Hillsboro 43
Logan Elm 67

Elsewhere

Adena 44
Circleville 59

Southeastern 49
Peebles 89

Teays Valley
Dublin Jerome

Liberty Union 35
Amanda 54

Minford 42
Eastern Pike 54

McClain
Goshen

London
Madison Plains

Leesburg Fairfield
East Clinton

Whiteoak 54
North Adams 69

Symmes Valley 40
Oak HIll 60

Portsmouth West 47
Portsmouth Notre Dame 62

Oak Hill 60
Symmes Valley 40

Manchester 67
Clermont NE 58

Belpre 35
Fort Frye 64

Ports. Clay 40
Northwest 48

Southern 43
River Valley 42

Reedsville Eastern 66
Meigs 36

Circleville 59
Adena 44

South Gallia 46
Ironton St. Joe 42

Marietta 46
Cambridge 41

Athens 61
Morgan 51

Last edited by pfloyd on Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

CNE scored 58.

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

Eastern Pike over Minford 57-44. Early but still a good win by a D4 over a D3.

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Peebles 89 Southeastern 49. This was going 11 deep and really only playing one starter at a time the whole fourth quarter. Largest lead was 45. Andy Countryman led the Indians with 29 points followed by Tyler McFarland with 19 and Blake Justice with 17.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

jchitwood, Eaglesnest, TribeManiac10 ... great information - thanks for keeping us informed ... TM10 reads like a GREAT game for Peebles Andy Countryman (his dad would have been very excited/proud I'm sure -great start to his senior year for Andy - I hope it continues for the next 11 weeks for the young man) ...

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

LE outrebounds Hillsboro 36-14 and puts four scorers into double figures in its 67-43 win. I don't have the exact totals with me but Thomas and Riffle had about 13 points each. Stonerock had about 12 points and 11 rebounds and Elswick added 11 points.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

East Clinton drops Fairfield 50-47.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I saw on the Pick 'em thread that Fairland vs Franklin Furnace Green was on the picks for Saturday night ... the game was played LAST night Dec 3rd according to the CD Sports section with Fairland picking up the win ...

Fairland 71
Green 48

... if this is incorrect please let me know ...

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

pfloyd wrote:... I saw on the Pick 'em thread that Fairland vs Franklin Furnace Green was on the picks for Saturday night ... the game was played LAST night Dec 3rd according to the CD Sports section with Fairland picking up the win ...

Fairland 71
Green 48

... if this is incorrect please let me know ...

Nope, you're right.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

SVC Scores

Westfall 46...without Zak Smith(who averaged 14 and 11 last season)
West Union 32

Zane Trace 30
Africentric 65

Miami Trace 56
Huntington 47

Piketon 65
McClain 28

Unioto 63
Madison Plains 54

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... thanks daniC for the scores ... let me see if I have some of the other scores right from around snowy/slick Southern/Southeastern Ohio this Saturday night :

Eastern Brown 36
Alexander 28

... back to back losses to open the season for Alexander HS ... 6-9 Hart for AHS was a non-factor as EB physically out muscled Coach Gabriel's boyz today... GREAT defensive effort by EB's 6-2 Jessee Whitaker took Hart out of his game kept him out of the paint, had great rebounding position the entire game. held the big man to 4 points for the game imo should have been the player of the game for EB... if there was any doubt Coach Beucler IS one of the best coaches in Southern Ohio - get rid of them - outstanding ...

... check out these Napkin Stats ...

Alexander (28)

Scoring : Chapman 7, Jones 7, McCarty 6, Hart 4, Gray 3, Jeffers 1
3 pointers: 5/13 ... McCarty 2/Gray 1/Jones 1/Chapman 1
FTs : 5/8
TO's : 32 ... 32 trips downcourt without a shot on goal Ouch!!!

Eastern Brown (36)

Scoring : Jordan Payne 18, Lawson 7, Stout 4, Purdin 4, Faul 1, Belcher 1, Whitaker 1
3 pointers: 3/19 ... Payne 1/Purdin 1/Lawson 1
FT's : 9/20 ... THE BIGGEST area needing to be addressed for EB
TOs: 13

... if you were watching this one, it SEEMED that EB was blowing Alexander out the entire game ... defensively forcing 32 AHS turnovers, getting the open looks for the 3-ball, defensive pressure , pushing the ball in transition (10 points in the transition game) ... I liked what I saw out of this Eastern Brown ball club... not big BUT very physical defensively - I like that brand of hoops... as I pointed out before- Jessee Whitaker did a great job getting rebounding position, keeping the ball alive down in the paint ... throw in the plus that the entire team can handle the ball ... going to be a tough game for any opponent every time out ... Coach Beucler will have this group playing some really good hoops as the season progresses ...

Wellston 68
New Boston 54

Warren Local 67
Meigs 52

Vinton County 75
Fairfield/Leesburg 50

... Coach Combs' Vikings looked to be the best team of the lot at the Zane Trace Tip Off Classic Saturday ... not much size for the Vinton County group this season BUT one of if not THE quickest teams I have seen at Vinton Co. ... the Vikes are very deep in fact today the bench outscored the starters for VC 44-31 for the game ... not many weak spots - pressure defense for VC from the opening tip to the final buzzer ... 9-10 deep without a letup in defensive quicks or offensive output ... will see Athens vs Warren next Friday night in Athens BUT right now Vinton County/Athens are the 2 teams to beat in the TVC this season hands down ...

Vinton County Napkin Stats

Scoring : Jason Wiseman 12, Lawhead 11, Chesser 11, Remy 9, Walton 7, Batey 6, Breniser 6, Amerine/Perry 4 each, Ward 3, Owings 2 ... VC Starters 31 points while VC Bench 44 points

3 pointers: 8/14 ... LB Remy 3/Ryan Chesser 3/ Ward 1/ Batey 1
FTs : 7/13 ...
TOs : 16

Fairfield/Leesburg

Scoring: Cody Ferrell 14,Rolark 7, Carmean 6, Adams 6
3 pointers : 2/11 Rolark 1/Williams 1
FTs: 6/9
TOs : 23

... having 6-5 Chris Cox NOT on the floor was killer for Fairfield ... he was in major pain on the bench, crutches ... he will have to be a fast healer to get back on the floor anytime soon ...

Waverly 56
Washington CH 61 OT

Hillsboro 71
Western Brown 65

Rock Hill 60
Gallia Academy 57 OT

Lucasville Valley 71
South Point 76

Unioto 63
Madison Plains 54

Piketon 65
Greenfield McClain 28

Chillicothe 65
Xenia 61

Miami Trace 56
Huntington 47

Westfall 46
West Union 32

Last edited by pfloyd on Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Coach Kelley
Freshman Team

Post by Coach Kelley »

Floyd, first of all...GET WELL SOON!

Streaks started sluggish tonight against McClain missing freebies in first half...but second half, Piketon was able to turn up pressure forcing 30 turnovers. The streaks played 8-9 guys all night long, and was forced to keep starters Brush and Helton on bench for early fouls limiting their minutes. All in all, good performance and tune up for rival Huntington Tuesday night.

Napkin stats:

Legg 27 pts, 4 assts, 4 steals
Moore 12 pts
Farmer 10pts 8 Rebs

Turnovers: PK 9. GM 30

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

thanks Coach Kelley ... I saw the first half of this one ... it was "frenzied sluggishness" for both sides but it WAS opening nite ... Brush had a couple of questionable early fouls called on him that had the big man sitting almost ALL of the first half of action BUT he did knockdown a 15 footer early that showed me that opponents better not sit in the paint on the big man (noticed that last year Brush had surprising range with his jump shot -BIG advantage to be able to step out IF you want to go inside - I like it!) ... Evan Legg is .... well Evan Legg - the kid can do it all -gets to the rim, can shot the trey AND what separates EL from other perimeter folks is his ability to shoot the "good old 2 pointer/the medium range shot ... Coach also was impressed with the sophomore trio of Zack Farmer/Craigen Moore/Ike Brabson - not afraid to go to the rim, handle pressure well ... the Farmer boy has good size/will go inside with the bigger boys ... good Piketon TEAM to follow again this season ...

... the expectations SHOULD be high in Piketon this season for sure ... looking forward to seeing PHS again to compare last nights game performance with a "down the road" game ... wish I could have stayed for the 2nd half last night but was having some surgical pains from sitting all day LOL ... the surgeries haven't quite healed up yet - a little early to be out on the road for 5 games in one day LOL ... but I'm getting in condition LOL ... hoping for good news this week when I see the medical oncologist (the hope being no more surgery and to start my treatment immediately) ... thanks Coach for the good wishes ... good wishes back at ya for Red Streak success this season ...

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Rock Hill 60 Gallipolis 57 (ot)

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

New Lex 54 Fairfield Union 50 OT

FU`s opening game and NL`s second. FU will struggle early due to playing many sophomores and a Freshman PG (ex coach Keith Barr`s son) but should get better as the year goes. FU also adjusting to new system under first year coach Sky Brusco, who was an assistant to Stiverson at Logan Elm.

Pfloyd..........praying for your health issues. Good Luck and hope to see you out at FU sometime during season.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Smeltzy - thanks for the info on Fairfield Union ... Coach Brusco WILL be a good fit at FU ... I know Coach Brusco from his days at LE both as Coach Stiverson's basketball asst. AND wait for it ... head varsity golf coach at one time for LE as well ... FU has good athletes - Coach B WILL have them playing solid defensively, pushing the ball offensively, with threats from the perimeter ... should be fun to watch - and you can bet pfloyd WILL get up to see FU this season (it will all depend on my health situation but the Purple from Logan will be in the house on the 14th of this month so there is a chance pfloyd WILL be there that night to support new head Coach at Logan John Helber & his troops) ...

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”