Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio -Week 1

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio -Week 1

Post by danicalifornia »

The site I saw had them losing, but I trust you more than a random site, you always have the good info! Thanks for the correction

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

I felt Portsmouth might take a dip in pfloyd's Elite 8, and sure enough we started the season by losing 54-47 to a good South Webster Jeeps ballclub........but in all fairness to the Trojans, they are not at full strength........take two starters away, of which one is the best player, from any team in the Elite 8 and it would make a big difference.

I know we'll drop......but that's okay........it's a long season and plenty of time to get our full crew ready for the tournament.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

:)

downtown95
Waterboy

Post by downtown95 »

Hillsboro did lose to Western Brown even though it keeps being posted that they won.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

SVC Preview for tomorrow night:

Adena(0-1, 0-2) @ Zane Trace(1-0, 1-1): Adena has competed better to start off this season, before dropping both of its games by double figures, while ZT rebounded well after a blowout opener, by winning at Southeastern on Tuesday. Adena has some young kids who can score, but have a rough time defending off the dribble, which is where ZT is most effective. Also, if Whitehouse is back for ZT, they will be getting back one of their top players. ZT by 11

Paint Valley(1-0, 2-0) @ Huntington(0-1, 1-2): This is the 1st time in many seasons that the Bearcats have started off 2-0. Huntington is coming off a thrashing by Piketon and will be looking for a bit of a reprise in this rivalry game. This is Ross County's version of the backyard brawl. PV's height gave Adena all kinds of fits and Logan Markko has had a monster start to this season and it should be a great matchup with Markko vs. Dylan Gragg. Should be a battle, but I'll take Huntington by 3.

Westfall(0-1, 1-1) @ Piketon(1-0, 2-0): Piketon will be the favorite in every one of their SVC games this season and should be big favorites everytime they are in The Oven. Westfall is coming off of a heartbreaking, triple OT loss at Unioto, where they had a miracle 3 to force OT and then about 10 chances to put the game away at the stripe, but couldn't convert in the clutch. Zak Smith being back in a huge help for WF as they have to hope to win the battle inside the paint if they will have any hope in this game. A very big front line will be their key on offense, but if they will have any chance to win, they'll need to eliminate Evan Legg's supporting cast. Legg will get his 20+ points, you just have to slow down his outstanding teammates(too many to name, strong 2-10) That being said, Piketon's depth will be way too much: Piketon by 18

Southeastern(0-1, 0-2) @ Unioto(1-0, 2-0): Southeastern finally gets their big guns back, after losing a tough game to ZT on Tuesday. Tyler Osbourne and Michael Brown will each make their debuts in Frenchtown against the veteren Shermans. Each of those players had big games against Unioto last season and will look to do the same again. Unioto's senior class has stepped up in their 1st 2 games and they have excellent guard play and I believe that will be the difference in this one. Should be a good game, but I have Unioto by 4.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Thanks daniC for the great recaps AND the previews from SVC ... I can't emphasize enough the great work that you - daniC SVC , jchitwood SHL, 93bulldog TVC , jottings GAHS/SEOAL teams, tribeManiac10 SHL, bman MSL ... so many GREAT informative posters out there this season ... brings ALL of Southern/Southeastern Ohio hoops together - everyone who wants to know the teams,players Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line CAN to do so ... GREAT Stuff folks ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Floyd ... Did I read somewhere that you were gonna be taking in the Athens-Warren game Friday ... or are you gonna hold out till Saturday and just catch a bunch of games at the Convo?

I mean, seriously - I don't think I can handle 'debating' with one of Logans' finest two days-in-a-row ... I guess as long as you don't allow 2Old to tag along Saturday; I can probably force myself to handle things.

:mrgreen:

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... LOL... 93dog ... I want to come down Rt 33 to take in the Warren vs Athens game Friday night - I have surgery to put in an IV port Friday morning, will have to see how I feel by afternoon - BUT my plan IS to be in A'town both days ... you'll know pfloyd is in the house - you'll be able to "feel the force" LOL ...

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

Hey pfloyd, good to read the napkin picks down here in Auburn, Ala"BAMA". Good 8 to start.
Get well, and keep the pfloyd list's comin'. Take care of the real #1 first. Want to see the dancin' hippo for a long time!
On the side, a former Lancaster resident is the current Jeopardy champ.
Take care. Prayers your way

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

VIKED_MAN good to hear from you! an Auburn,"BAMA" man now! hope everything is going well for you ... I'll keep doing the Elite 8 for as long as possible on this end - starting chemo next Wednesday - how the old body handles THAT will dictate a lot ... BUT can't keep a high school hoops fan down!! thanks for the thoughts and prayers ... by the way Coach Combs has a very good team in this years VC Vikes ... the committee of one- me- is keeping a close eye on the VC boyz ...

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

The South Gallia/Trimble game wont be played until December 18th. I think it was rescheduled due to travel time for a Tuesday game. Its supposed to snow anyways. Just to let you guys know.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

First MSL games of the season brought a upset - 51-44 Teays Valley over Bloom-Carroll. LE also beat Amanda by 18.

Teays Valley 51, Bloom-Carroll 44
BLOOM-CARROLL — McGlone 6-3-15;
Schmitz 1-0-3; Watts 1-0-2; Ireland 4-2-11;
Bridgeman 5-1-13. Three-point goals —
Bridgeman (2); Ireland and Schmitz. Totals —
17-48 6-9 44.
TEAYS VALLEY — Dresbach 3-0-6;
Anderson 9-0-19; Bowling 2-9-14; Hodge 3-0-
6; Tavenner 1-0-2; Graves 2-0-4. Three-point
goals — Anderson and Bowling. Totals — 20-
42 9-15 51.
Quarter scores 1 2 3 4 F
Bloom-Carroll 15 15 2 12 44
Teays Valley 14 10 8 19 51

Logan Elm 57,
Amanda-Clearcreek 39
LOGAN ELM — Gabriel 2-0-5; Thomas 3-
2-11; Riffle 3-0-8; Elswick 6-0-17; Stonerock 8-
0-16.Three-point goals—Gabriel, Thomas (3),
Riffle (2), Elswick (5). Totals — 22-49 2-6 57.
AMANDA-CLEARCREEK — Smith 2-5-9;
Andrix 6-0-14; Mullins 4-1-10; Otto 2-0-6.
Three-point goals — Andrix (2), Mullins, Otto
(2). Totals — 14-34 6-8 39.
Quarter scores 1 2 3 4 F
Logan Elm 8 21 15 13 57
Amanda-Clearcreek 12 11 7 9 39

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... a couple of Thursday night games bman? ... Logan Elm will continue to get better and better ... it goes without saying they are well coached BUT they also have a variety of scorers, throw in Stonerock as a pleasant surprise in the middle - the Braves will be right in the thick of things this season in the MSL yet again ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Floyd - Hope you feel better; and perhaps are able to catch the Athens-Warren game tonight.

A 'TVC-TONIGHT' early glance:

Athens-Warren = The biggest game of the evening - in terms of TOURNAMENT importance and of course for 'Pfloyd's top 8'.

Eastern-Fed Hock = Fairly big game in the Hocking Division. Not sure how the "Mighty Mice" from Eastern will handle 7'0 center Chris Saylor though. It's inside the Eagles' nest, which is a plus for Eastern, but if the Eagles are to re-claim the TVC-Hocking title - they better make a statement tonight.

South Gallia-Wahama = A very intresting match-up between the Rebels and White Falcons. South Gallia is (2-0) and Wahama is still in football mode; but early reports out of West Virginia is that the White Falcons could possibly be a pretty tough hoops team as well.

Waterford-Trimble = Probably the biggest game of the night in the TVC-Hocking. Both have league title hopes - only one will be closer to being in the drivers seat after the two 'Kitties" clash in Waterford.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Last 2 games

Lucasville Valley 94
Eastern 60

Tonight:

Lucasville Valley 42

Waverly 41

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Quick SVC update:

Southeastern 45
Unioto 60

Paint Valley 40
Huntington 37

After 3
Piketon 58
Westfall 29

PEAKE POWER
Freshman Team

Post by PEAKE POWER »

CHESAPEAKE 77 - GALLIA ACADEMY 22

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

PEAKE POWER thanks for the score! ... any Napkin Stats on the Peake win? points? obviously some great Peake D in this one - the size in the paint for CHS too much for GAHS? ...

R-STREAK
Riding the Bench

Post by R-STREAK »

Piketon 71 Westfall 33 Final

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Peebles over Leesburg Fairfield 69-45 playing everyone. We went 9 deep as early as the first quarter. Highest lead was in the low 30s. Andy Countryman led the Indians with 20pts, Blake Justice was second with 16, and Jacob Daniels was third with 11.
Last edited by TribeManiac10 on Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”