Pfloyd's 2014-15 Preseason Elite 8 in Southern/SouthEast OH

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
caldwellbasketball
JV Team

Re: Pfloyd's 2014-15 Preseason Elite 8 in Southern/SouthEast

Post by caldwellbasketball »

Curious....isn't Sheridan typically involved in this list? They won 16 ball games an lost only one significant contributor, who played without the ball in his hands. They return some very good talent and could potentially be a 20 win type of team next winter. I'm a Sheridan graduate and think they will be very good.

osu
Freshman Team

Post by osu »

Oak hill will contend for soc2. Three returning starters. Big boy 6-5 junior. Two very good gaurds

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

oakfan & caldwellbasketball … thanks for the heads-up on both Sheridan and Oak Hill … I'll pencil both in on the big board in my study as teams to watch early on in the 2014-15 season …

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Did I mention Pfloyd's Elite 8 WAS in fact printed up and hung at the Rec Center in Athens?

If not, then yea, it was hung weeks ago.

#2?

I like it ... motivation Floyd ... do another and put the 'Dogs at 3 or 4 ... lol

davegrohlfan06
Waterboy

Post by davegrohlfan06 »

Reading the stuff above about Minford, that is a team IMO to watch out for in the D-II SE District next year. I saw them just once this year against my Braves and they have some athletes coming back! The Guillion (sp?) and Kelley are both going to be seniors who can flat out rebound. I saw them both throw down dunks easily during warmups, they both can also step out and shoot. I believe the Rowe kid is back as well who had some good games in the tourney... Coach Crabtree is a good coach with a good staff which never hurts come tourney time!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

… sending my best to Kyre' Allison of the Portsmouth Trojans as I understand he suffered a broken leg in OYB competition a couple of weeks ago … hoping for a fast and full recovery for one of IF not the best perimeter players in SEO … get well soon KA …

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Thanks, pfloyd, for your good wishes for Kyre...........he is coming along very well from what I understand, and is doing some cardio while rehabbing his leg........I fully anticipate him to make a full recovery, and I'm looking for him to be very hungry for basketball when he returns. Look for the Trojans to have a very laid back summer basketball season.

Of course, I wish you well on your health situation.......I know of 1 seat at the Convo that's always reserved for you!!........... :122245

clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

Post by clevelandbrowns#1 »

Other great matchups-Dec.27 @ Portsmouth vs Chillicothe
Jan.30 @ Piketon vs Zane Trace
Feb.17 @ Zane Trace vs Unioto

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

Doesn't Logan Elm bring everyone back or at least everyone that contributed?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

athens78 wrote:Doesn't Logan Elm bring everyone back or at least everyone that contributed?
No ... they lost almost everyone ... they were all juniors in 2012-2013 when they lost in the district semi-finals at the Convo.

Ridge Young, a freshmen this year, is really good. But I'm not sure what pieces he will have around him next year.

Jayhawks
Freshman Team

Post by Jayhawks »

UKPROF, it looks like Peebles's schedule just keeps getting easier. They have added Summit Country Day, Zane Trace, and now Athens for next year! I don't know what u mean by the lack of off season play of some of our kids, just come watch some off our workouts. All I can say is they are gonna be fun to watch!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

… jayhawks … are the Summit Country Day, Zane Trace and Athens games for this upcoming 2014-15 season or 2015-16 ?

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

wow three nice additions, Summit Country Day and Portsmouth battled in the State Finals not to long ago

Jayhawks
Freshman Team

Post by Jayhawks »

They are for next year! Look forward to these 3 games. A real test for r ball club!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

… I'm with you Jayhawks - great trio of games right there for sure …

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Ibi Watson picking up offers from Akron and Ohio U. His ceiling is one of the highest I've seen in SEO

Blackcobra
Freshman Team

Post by Blackcobra »

Big Jay, like I said In the past the schedule was not the toughest, you cant go through 20 point beatings from Portsmouth for the next few years, so I suspect the schedule will again soften because you dont lose and stay in Peebles long, too prideful. Say, the Cowboys won a Superbowl once, lookout. Thats your logic with Ports and SCD. Playing a tiny private school literally the size of the old Peebles elementary building with a Lacrosse field will not make a team. Workouts, Ive seen all those dunks dished out the past few years and those track/field titles. I feel Peebles has done well It's my opinion they should have been lower, I gave my reasons.

r1master
Riding the Bench

Post by r1master »

Summit Country Day lost Antonio Woods (going to Penn to play football), their 6'9" post player, and two other starters to graduation. They do return one REALLY, REALLY good shooter, but for the most part lost everything. Of course, playing them is still probably better preparation than playing many of the teams in the southeast, but even their own coach acknowledges that next year's team is NOTHING compared to what Summit had the last 3 years. Athens and Zane Trace are definitely LEGIT, you beat either one of them then you definitely got a solid ball club. Little disappointed to find out that Peebles passed on an opportunity to play D4 Georgetown at the Ohio Valley Hoops Classic next year, especially when they still had games to fill. Knowing what I know about both teams, that would have been a HELL of game to watch.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

From what I'm hearing you better move Oak Hill up

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

As baseball/softball season draws to a close ... it can mean only one thing ... we're that much closer to tip-off!

:mrgreen:

... of course we have KICKOFF first, which I've been told Pfloyd will be getting back into this fall?

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”