Pfloyd's 2014-15 Preseason Elite 8 in Southern/SouthEast OH

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Pfloyd's 2014-15 Preseason Elite 8 in Southern/SouthEast

Post by Ironman92 »

blackcobra1 wrote:Why is the SHAC divided into 2 parts?

Because basketball is divided into a big and small division.

youthsportsfan
JV Team

Post by youthsportsfan »

I believe ironton will make it to the convo , back court cox , kratz, Johnson will be hard for any team to handle. And we will be solid at the 4-5 spot. Not sure we will get 15-20 PTS from 4/5 but solid D and rebounding and 10-15 PTS from 4/5 n we will see you at the convo.

Trojan_Pride
All Conference

Post by Trojan_Pride »

youthsportsfan wrote:I believe ironton will make it to the convo , back court cox , kratz, Johnson will be hard for any team to handle. And we will be solid at the 4-5 spot. Not sure we will get 15-20 PTS from 4/5 but solid D and rebounding and 10-15 PTS from 4/5 n we will see you at the convo.
i heard ironton has 2 transfers IN and will be in the top 8 of this list hear!!!

sportslifelove
Freshman Team

Post by sportslifelove »

cg-ironton fan wrote:
youthsportsfan wrote:I believe ironton will make it to the convo , back court cox , kratz, Johnson will be hard for any team to handle. And we will be solid at the 4-5 spot. Not sure we will get 15-20 PTS from 4/5 but solid D and rebounding and 10-15 PTS from 4/5 n we will see you at the convo.
i heard ironton has 2 transfers IN and will be in the top 8 of this list hear!!!

Yes Ironton got Malone from Symmes Valley who is 6'4" and one of the best athletes around. He will be HUGE for Ironton this year as he plays both ends of the floor and can defend all 5 positions well. Im guessing he will play the 4 for Ironton but he can step outside and shoot the 3 also.

domain master
Freshman Team

Post by domain master »

Without a doubt the #1 League in Southern/SouthEast would have to be the SCOL hands down!! Not only is Chillicothe (and Tommy Bolte) and Miami Trace in the top 8, but the best team in all SEO would be Wilmington (if Pfloyd would let them in)!! Wilmington boasts the #2 ranked SG in state of Ohio for 2016 in Jarron Cumberland (TripleDouble ranking) VJ King sits at #1 and Ibi Watson (Pick Central) sits at #5. They also have the #7 ranked PG (2015) in Ohio with Jaevin Cumberland, AJ Harris (OSU) sits #1. Wilmington also plays with the big boys in Cincy and Dayton, better schedule.

The Wizard
Freshman Team

Post by The Wizard »

VJ King no longer going to high school in OHIO

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

where is he heading?

The Wizard
Freshman Team

Post by The Wizard »

Paul VI in Virginia.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Going to start seeing "non-Fall" athlete physical conditioning for hoops starting up this week and next … the squeak of the basketball shoes is coming fast and furious !!!! loving it …

… heard a lot of good things about the SVC teams - the Unioto ball club in particular over the summer by opposing coaches, Paint Valley is getting some "talk" along with Adena for the up-coming season … SEOAL? Portsmouth & Warren are the top 2 picks BUT both leaders on the floor PHS's Kyre' Allison and WHS's Michael Hall suffered injuries after the end of last hoops season … West of Rte 23 … Peebles has to be on the short list of teams to get out and see for 2014-15 … I'm interested in seeing Chillicothe, Miami Trace, Circleville … Athens minus Ibi Watson ( now a Pick North piece) - will Burrow stay or be an early graduate and be OSU bound ??? some Bulldog Nation questions … Coach Howie Caldwell now at the helm in Trimble - making it easier for Pfloyd to get to see one of my favorite coaches team in action … Vinton County in my opinion will be THE team to watch out of the TVC … Coach Stiverson's LE boys with yet another Young leading the way will need to replace almost 100% of their scoring from last season … Lucasville Valley has many questions to be answered with the loss of Hayden Dunn & West BUT should be a Convo invite again this season … on the river Chesapeake looking to up the offensive output of last year to go with the defense Coach Davis puts on the floor every year … Marietta under now 2nd year coach Coach Mark Duckworth - I expect to see BIG improvements from the Tigers … Sheridan is on the radar … small schools ? Trimble, Southern, South Gallia, Waterford , Coal Grove, Belpre … will New Boston get a "W" under new coach this season … so many questions, we're closing in on the beginning of play that will give us the all important answers AND the Official Pfloyd PreSeason Elite 8 …

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

Pfloyd mark your calender for Jan 10th. for the Beasts of the Southeast.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

peake71 wrote:Pfloyd mark your calender for Jan 10th. for the Beasts of the Southeast.
… perfect peake71 !!! my next CT scan should be the following week in mid January just like last year - pfloyd and Mrs pfloyd WILL make the trip to Chesapeake again for sure !!! … one of THE best hoops mid season tourneys you will find ANYWHERE !!! thanks peake71 …

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

Always glad to have you and your wife at the beasts. I go oct 3rd to see my cardiologists. Since I last saw you I have been diagnosed with afib. and high blood pressure. I have had two cardioversions plus other tests. They have got bp at good level just trying to get heart in natural rhythm. May do an abaltion but wont know until oct. I have dropped 40lbs since april. Working everyday some better than others. Ready for basketball 30.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

peake71 wrote:Always glad to have you and your wife at the beasts. I go oct 3rd to see my cardiologists. Since I last saw you I have been diagnosed with afib. and high blood pressure. I have had two cardioversions plus other tests. They have got bp at good level just trying to get heart in natural rhythm. May do an abaltion but wont know until oct. I have dropped 40lbs since april. Working everyday some better than others. Ready for basketball 30.
peake71 !!! take care of you my friend !!! wow lots happening in your life - sounds like you ARE doing all the right things physically to get this under control … many positive thoughts headed toward the river for your health to keep improving - never mess with the "ticker" … keep seeing your docs … stay on top of this !!! I enjoy being greeted by YOU & the rest of the fine folks at CHS when the Mrs. and i make the trip to the river … I'm ready for the season get rolling myself … I'm feeling great , working hard at school , living every day searching for more tomorrows here on this end …

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

sportslifelove wrote:
cg-ironton fan wrote:

Yes Ironton got Malone from Symmes Valley who is 6'4" and one of the best athletes around. He will be HUGE for Ironton this year as he plays both ends of the floor and can defend all 5 positions well. Im guessing he will play the 4 for Ironton but he can step outside and shoot the 3 also.
Sounds like Malone will make a great addition to the Tigers, what grade is he in?

Who's the other transfer?

peake71
All Conference

Post by peake71 »

Pfloyd taking it one day at a time. Thankful for everyday.

sportslifelove
Freshman Team

Post by sportslifelove »

quote]

Sounds like Malone will make a great addition to the Tigers, what grade is he in?

Who's the other transfer?[/quote]

Malone is a senior

Blackcobra
Freshman Team

Post by Blackcobra »

Cavs should be above Peebles all day .PHS One guy gets the ball on that team this year, they still tryin to get their boy a better deal?

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

blackcobra1 wrote:Cavs should be above Peebles all day .PHS One guy gets the ball on that team this year, they still tryin to get their boy a better deal?
Not sure how a district championship team that should be even better this season moves down further than that. They are more than Beau Justice and everyone they play will find out sooner or later.

Bear42
Freshman Team

Post by Bear42 »

TribeManiac10 wrote:
blackcobra1 wrote:Cavs should be above Peebles all day .PHS One guy gets the ball on that team this year, they still tryin to get their boy a better deal?
Not sure how a district championship team that should be even better this season moves down further than that. They are more than Beau Justice and everyone they play will find out sooner or later.
I will agree the Cavs should be above Peebles. Last year, the Cavs knocked off pfloyd's #1 team (Portsmouth) while the Indians struggled. I may be wrong, but I think the Cavs will be a tough opponent for many. If we are ignoring the Divisions they play in, the Cavs should definitely be above Peebles. Yes, they were a district championship team, but I find it hard to imagine Peebles doing as well with the Cavs schedule. We shall see. Maybe I know nothing :-D

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

BillyHoyle42 wrote:
TribeManiac10 wrote:
I will agree the Cavs should be above Peebles. Last year, the Cavs knocked off pfloyd's #1 team (Portsmouth) while the Indians struggled. I may be wrong, but I think the Cavs will be a tough opponent for many. If we are ignoring the Divisions they play in, the Cavs should definitely be above Peebles. Yes, they were a district championship team, but I find it hard to imagine Peebles doing as well with the Cavs schedule. We shall see. Maybe I know nothing :-D
Im not sure why the Indians would struggle with their schedule considering they have the best player in the district regardless of division and a supporting cast that would respectably rival most teams in the Southeast. Would they have won as many games as they would have last year with Chillicothe's schedule? No, probably not. Would they have struggled? I don't think we can say that either.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”