biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Preseason

Post by biggdowgg »

Portsmouth

vs South Webster .......... 12/6
@ South Point ................ 12/9
@ Ironton ...................... 12/10

this will be a very toiugh 3 games to open with,,The jeeps ALWAYS play us tough,and should have a good team again this year, South Point took us down to the wire last year and almost put us out of the Tourney run eary at Jackson, and EVERYONE knows what Ironton has.....Im glad we have them twice on the schedule again this year, but not sure tis is the year anyone wants them twice.......BUT...I am looking forward to the season to begin!

Pfloyd, everyone in Trojan land will be praying for good things in your fight.

Hardwood
JV Team

Post by Hardwood »

Pfloyd I hope you are able to make it to watch my Tornadoes play a tough Rocket team at the TVC preview today. I realize these are just previews but hopefully we will see some good basketball today. I'm looking forward to seeing how the different teams look.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Hardwood I am planning to be in the Cheap Seats for today's/this evenings games at the Preview ... just got back from watching Coach Howie's Fed Hock Lancers in a scrimmage with my Purple Chieftains here in Logan - Howie has some BIGS! ... as usual Coach Caldwell coached the heck out of the scrimmage, time outs, coachable moments, worked the refs, threw the hat once - did all of the things those of us in Southeast Ohio have come to expect from Coach Caldwell ...

Coach has his work cut out for him for sure ... the key word for today/the rest of the season is DISCIPLINE ... being disciplined at both ends of the floor ... Fed Hock has SIZE everywhere - not just height/wing span but good bulk as well ... I initially jotted down "no perimeter scoring" BUT the Lancers DO have a couple of scorers from behind the arc to go with the BIGS inside ... the BIGS will have to work on developing "hands" - catching the ball/being strong with the ball down low/keeping it up HIGH down low/fighting the urge to put the ball on the floor down low ... Howie has the boyz working hard at both ends of the floor ...recognizing where they ARE on the floor, where they should BE on the floor ... Howie needs a floor leader, a PG who can handle pressure, make the right decisions on the floor with the ball ... Federal Hocking will be one of those team that will improve BIG TIME over the course of the season under the teaching/coaching of Coach Caldwell ...

Logan's juniors are getting better and better with each outing ... saw BIG improvement in Pat Klinger - looks to be adjusting to the speed/strength needed to play at the varsity level, showed he could put the ball on the floor, get to the rim and finish ... PK is earning himself some PT in the preseason ... Ronnie Webb continues to impress! getting position in the paint, making great interior feeds, staying under control, AND let's add to his arsenal the 3 ball - RW hit a couple of treys, one of the half court variety at the end of the quarter ... RW could have disappeared with the junior talent coming in this season BUT Webb is earning playing time showing what varsity experience can do along with his quality minutes on the court ... Gavin Jourdan stepped up his perimeter shooting today, along with Nik Wotring - hitting 4 or 5 three balls <= Nik had his best scrimmage of the preseason today vs Fed Hock ...
continues to improve on the inside with PT on the court ...Logan's depth gets better and better with every scrimmage ... Logan IF they can show discipline on the offensive end WILL be looking to make the upper tier of teams in the SEOAL earn their spots at the top ...

... scores from today's scrimmage (started out as half court, both teams going offense/then defense) ... before going fullcourt normal scrimmage WITH REFS ...

Federal Hocking 6
Logan 19

Logan 13
Federal Hocking 6

Logan 22
Federal Hocking 12

Logan 13
Federal Hocking 11

... missed the last game of the scrimmage ...

Howie has his boyz going nonstop at both ends of the floor, bringing discipline/knowledge of the game/hustle/a do it my way or not at all attitude to the TEAM hmmmmmm seems like THOSE ARE THE QUALITIES Coach Caldwell expects out of his players no matter where he is coaching ... Coach Caldwell = teacher/coach ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... my kind of day!!! started it out with Logan vs Federal Hocking at Jim's Gym in Logan (scrimmage) following it up in 2 hours with 7 games in A'town at the Shriners Preview ... AND it's ONLY Friday !!!! Saturday morning has Coach Helber's Chieftains taking on Grandview Heights here in Logan to wrap up the scrimmage season for the Purple boyz ...

B-dawg79
Freshman Team

Post by B-dawg79 »

waverly should definately be ranked in at least the top ten along with valley

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... as they say "the cream will rise to the top" ... it is ALWAYS the case - those teams that should be at or near the top WILL get there ... all the teams ranked will play their way into the right positions as the season gets underway beginning 12/2 ... Waverly and Lucasville Valley are definitely in the mix ... just got a look at the teams in the TVC this afternoon/tonight at the Athens Shriners Preview along with Coach Maddox's Warren squad out of the SEOAL as they took on the Federal Hocking boyz of Coach Caldwell ...

bigbluedad
Freshman Team

Post by bigbluedad »

pfloyd wrote:... as they say "the cream will rise to the top" ... it is ALWAYS the case - those teams that should be at or near the top WILL get there ... all the teams ranked will play their way into the right positions as the season gets underway beginning 12/2 ... Waverly and Lucasville Valley are definitely in the mix ... just got a look at the teams in the TVC this afternoon/tonight at the Athens Shriners Preview along with Coach Maddox's Warren squad out of the SEOAL as they took on the Federal Hocking boyz of Coach Caldwell ...

Hey pfloyd, We get another look at Warren tomorrow night at Warren as we take on Waterford in our foundation game with both the JV's and Varsity playing full games. Was down at the preview today and I have to say Coach Maddox has been working the boys and it showed today, I'll try to give more on tomorrow nights action.

warriorfrosh
JV Team

Post by warriorfrosh »

Floyd a little word association ...what's the first thing in your mind when I say Evan French?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

SVC Preview was tonight at Ohio Christian University in Circleville.

Piketon(featuring AC Byron Mullins defeated Zane Trace. Pretty high scoring affair without a lot of defense. Both teams played a freshman decent minutes and both played well.

Southeastern blitzed Huntington. Nick Kellough for SE had about 16.

Unioto beat a much improved Adena ballclub by a point.

Paint Valley and Westfall were the last game, but I didn't see a final.

The predictions I sent you may be changing a little bit before next weekend's opening games

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

warriorfrosh ... LOL ... French=> Three ball=>offense=> will light you up =>only a sophomore ... I'm thinking that Mr. French's contributions to the Warrior offense "ain't" a secret anymore ... 93dog has the exact napkin stats on the games BUT at one stretch French hit 4 in a row from behind the arc - HELLO world Evan French can/will light you up from deep ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... less than a week from opening night tip offs!!! Friday Dec 2nd ... where are you going to be on Friday night??? who are you going to be taking in??? and giving up info on??? - Napkin Stats and all ??? ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I'll be taking in the Athens vs Morgan game Floyd ... And NO, I will not provide a report on the Morgan Raiders!!! lol

Unless they can provide proof Friday before the game that they are in the 'SOUTHEAST DISTRICT' - I can't bring myself to 'scout em out' for Pfloyd's famous Elite 8 Rankings.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Raiders!!! Raiders!!! Raiders!!! ... let them in!!! let them in!!! let them in!!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Danicalifornia....there has been a 7'1 guy on Jackson's bench as well. Fortunately Piketon and Jackson won't have him available much longer (good for him that is)

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I'll be taking in Madison Plains @ Unioto on Friday and all 4 games at ZT on Saturday

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

I92 ... does the 7-1 player for Jackson see the floor for many minutes or is he a work in progress? ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Still a very young guy....might see some more minutes this year.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Please tell me pfloyd you understand what dani and I are talking about.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... ONLY 3 DAYS AWAY!!!!!!! ...

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

I've been to three girls games already - Circleville vs. London, Teays Valley vs. New Albany and Circleville vs. Miami Trace and will be at the Alexander at Logan Elm game on Thursday - but I'm ready for some boys ball, too. Get a beginning course on Friday with Teays Valley vs. Dublin Jerome, then take in the Saturday slate at the ZT Tip-Off, including Westfall vs. Greenfield - the Mustangs could have an interesting season - and LE vs. Hillsboro.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”