Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #7

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
sparky
All State

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #7

Post by sparky »

ironman,
i thought you were retired? harder to do than you thought?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

The main difference is that mine just took about 90 seconds.

sparky....have you ever un-retired?

jtpop
Riding the Bench

Post by jtpop »

Chesapeake beat Spring Valley by one in overtime. Copley hit a 3 as time expired for the win.

Coach Kelley
Freshman Team

Post by Coach Kelley »

Floyd,... I see that some folks have dropped the Streaks off their radar! But that's okay with us!

Just a recap from last night...the Streaks moved to 9-4 on the year with a win over Westfall 56-45. This keeps Piketon 1 game behind Zane Trace for the SVC league title. Big week ahead for the Streaks with 3 games :@ Southeastern Ross, @ Paint Valley, and @ Zanesville next Saturday night...I fully believe the Streaks are in the hunt for a return to top 8 seeding, and either way..they will be ready come tourney time! (4 losses by total 10pts)...Very easily could be 13-0 right now with a couple bounces of the ball...but we're not! Still work to do!

Napkin stats:
Evan Legg 24pts, 5 assts, 4 steals
Jamie Helton 11pts
Keenan Brush 8pts, 12 rebs, 3 blocks
Vulgamore 10pts, 3 steals, 4 rebs, 3 assts.
** Piketon won the rebounding margin over much taller Westfall team

Prior to the game, The Redstreak nationed welcomed home the all-time leading scorer in Piketon history, Drexel Williams (1612 pts-graduated 1958). He spoke to the boys pregame and postgame; was an outstanding experience for everyone. The Westfall players, staff, and fans were very respectful as well, and stayed on the court during the ceremony--very nice gesture!

ovc fan
Varsity

Post by ovc fan »

pfloyd....its too tough to pick. Rest your brain a couple days. Far as the OVC is concerned. South Point lost to Peebles. Havent seen Peebles play. Peake beat two schools from WV that are so big you can fit the whole Peake school in their gyms. The first game all five starters scored double figures. Second game McMaster kept them in the game early then Copley took over. Fairland got scrappy and played with some heart to win their side of the bracket. Peake in your top 8 by years end!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

FLOYD ... I HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO SEE THE 'DOGS FRIDAY ... AND ... SATURDAY. IT WAS THE 1ST TIME IVE WATCHED THEM SINCE WE HAD OUR LITTLE CHAT IN MCARTHUR WAY BACK WHEN ...

I LIKED WHAT I SAW THAT NIGHT, ALTHOUGH IT WAS MORE YOUR TYPE OF HOOPS: A DEFENSIVE' STRUGGLE ... BUT THE ATHENS TEAM I WATCHED CONTROL BELPRE AND HANDLE NY IS FAR-AND-AWAY BETTER THAN THE TEAM ME & YOU WATCHED AGAINST VC ... JUST LIKE YOU WOULD PROBABLY EXPECT FROM COACH SKINNER, HE HAS THEM PROGRESSING AT A HIGH RATE - AND DEFINITLEY THEY HAVE NOT REGRESSED ANY WHAT SO EVER.

CORI BUTCHER HAS BEEN LIGHTS OUT: 30 POINTS VERSUS BELPRE (AND THAT'S WITH ONLY 2 THREE'S), VALENTOUR HAD 20 PTS/16 BOARDS AGAINST BELPRE, 17 PTS/14 BOARDS VERSUS NELSONVILLE-YORK .... AND PFAFF IS JUST BEING PLAIN OLD COLLIN - BARELY ANY TURNOVERS, HITTING THE OPEN MAN, AND THEN DROPS 17 POINTS AGAINST NY SATURDAY TO GO WITH 16 VERSUS BELPRE ...

IN SHORT ... FLOYD ... MOVE THE DOGS UP A SPOT OR TWO BUDDY.

Kickinurz
Freshman Team

Post by Kickinurz »

My Braves had a rough week with the trip to the schott and the loss to FU , but hey we got back on track against our rival CW to get a lock on 1st in the MSL. The injury to Jake changes our defensive pressure,but other kids have stepped up. Blake has began to score a little more and we need that from him.

As far as my friends just south of me. Congrats to ZT's Kirk Maxwell on 1,000. Glad to see the team catching fire with the return of Haynes. Won Tuesday 68-39 and Friday 69-34. They play UHS Friday and Westfall Sat.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... alright it's time for the committee of one - me - to go into seclusion ... lots to consider from this past weeks action ... may come down to consulting the Ouija Board to see where the teams fall lol ...

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

ironman,
numerous times.

HoundsAre4Real
JV Team

Post by HoundsAre4Real »

Manchester 57
West Union 36

From last night

HoundsAre4Real
JV Team

Post by HoundsAre4Real »

Manchester is also 9-6 on the season

Manxious2
Riding the Bench

Post by Manxious2 »

pfloyd wrote:... alright it's time for the committee of one - me - to go into seclusion ... lots to consider from this past weeks action ... may come down to consulting the Ouija Board to see where the teams fall lol ...

Ok pfloyd: With all due repect, I am requesting that you not place South Point or Chesapeake in your Pfloyd's Elite 8 any time in the near future. It seems that your selections have become the equivalent of the "Sports Illustrated" kiss of death! :lol: :lol: Seriously, I really like the work that you do on here and think that you usually are right on in your selections.

PS. You might be giving a little bit too high ratings for Portsmouth however.

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

Jottings wrote:Saturday's scores:
Canton Timkin 59 Chillicothe 42
Eastern 66 Meigs 26
Wheelersburg 52 Northwest 49 (makeup)
Athens 58 Nels-Yprk 41 (makeup)
Logan 61 Vinton County 51
Warren Local ? Ft. Frye ?
Rock Hill ? Clay?

Jottings Northwest beat Wheelersburg Friday night in OT. West with one win on the season lost to Wheelersburg last night 52-49.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Manxious2 wrote:
pfloyd wrote:... alright it's time for the committee of one - me - to go into seclusion ... lots to consider from this past weeks action ... may come down to consulting the Ouija Board to see where the teams fall lol ...

Ok pfloyd: With all due repect, I am requesting that you not place South Point or Chesapeake in your Pfloyd's Elite 8 any time in the near future. It seems that your selections have become the equivalent of the "Sports Illustrated" kiss of death! :lol: :lol: Seriously, I really like the work that you do on here and think that you usually are right on in your selections.

P.S.

as long as Portsmouth is good enough to be in the elite 8 at the ending of the season,we will be happy
8)

playing the schedule we play, will get us ready for the second season,.I would bet 8)

Manxious2
Riding the Bench

Post by Manxious2 »

biggdowgg wrote:
Manxious2 wrote:

P.S.

as long as Portsmouth is good enough to be in the elite 8 at the ending of the season,we will be happy
8)

playing the schedule we play, will get us ready for the second season,.I would bet 8)

Well, your being in the top eight does not necessarily mean a good team it makes! :122246 Fortunately, for Portsmouth, they don't play South Webster in the tournament, haha (ya see, you can't use excuses for losses at tournament time. :roll:

BTW, one final comment! I imagine that PHS won't be in the top eight this week anyway. "The Sports Illustrated Curse is at work"

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Manxious2

would you please point out where I was making excuses for us losing?

and why would you bring South Webster up,I have said nothing but good things about the jeeps since I sen them play,and even told everyone on the first thread after we played them,that they was a better team then most thought they would be.

and yeah, you got me,.Im glad we dont have to play them again

and BTW,one final comment of mine,,I hope Webster does crack the top 8 this week,they deserve it 8)

sportsfan43
JV Team

Post by sportsfan43 »

Manxious2 ,are yoiu a burg_kid,I knew in "99" :?:

Manxious2
Riding the Bench

Post by Manxious2 »

biggdowgg wrote:Manxious2

would you please point out where I was making excuses for us losing?

and why would you bring South Webster up,I have said nothing but good things about the jeeps since I sen them play,and even told everyone on the first thread after we played them,that they was a better team then most thought they would be.

and yeah, you got me,.Im glad we dont have to play them again

and BTW,one final comment of mine,,I hope Webster does crack the top 8 this week,they deserve it 8)

biggdowgg: No, sorry i was not directing my comments at you. Rather from several of the posters on here that have continually given excuses or reasons (missing players: injuries or grades) that PHS has lost. You play with the personnel that you have at the time and just roll with the punches. I think that there is a dismissal of the level of play that the Jeeps have brought to the game this year. I did not mean to imply anything about you saying anything negative about the Jeeps and would quickly apologize if that seemed to be the intent. Finally, I hope the Jeeps avoid the "SI curse"! :122245 <<<< kidding of course. I think that anyone on here wants their school to be placed on the infamous Pfloyd's Elite Eight. This week will be make or break for the Jeeps in that respect.

Manxious2
Riding the Bench

Post by Manxious2 »

sportsfan43 wrote:Manxious2 ,are yoiu a burg_kid,I knew in "99" :?:

No, we know how to spell at our school! :lol: I'm just kidding with you sportsfan43. I make my own share of spelling mistakes on here.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Manxious2

no problem.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”