Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio ... Nov. 25

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

As he should be, 3 years running..............

He ought to be recognized as one of the top players in the TVC, based on his floor time and his play. Fed Hock will be much better once he's good to go.

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
Dshanton3
JV Team

Post by Dshanton3 »

i didnt think either SE kid looked a bit over 6'7" and didnt think Monroe was any taller than 6'5 or 6'6" at the very tallest. and i woulda figured they would have looked taller with such short players around them but they didnt to me. but i could be wrong here. but i'm sticking to what i thought. Hurles might be 6'8" but he wasnt on the court long enough for me to be sure which means it doesnt really matter how tall he is. maybe monroe doesnt look as tall b/c he's a thicker bodied kid? i dunno but i dont think they're as tall as advertised. others opinions may differ.

The Rocket
Waterboy

Western Latham

Post by The Rocket »

I like the elite 8, but should Western Latham be mentioned considering they fell 3 seconds from state last year?

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

Floyd
Great work on ranking all of these teams!! I have only 1 concern. If this is a "current" ranking of teams in SE Ohio, how can Chilly still be #2? By thier own posters admission they lost to a team that they should have beat by 15+, and are no where near playing to thier potential. This does not sound like a team who deserves that lofty position. If this is the case shouldnt VC and Oak Hill be above them in the rankings? If or when the Cavs start playing up to thier potential then move them up the rankings. Last time I looked at the AP they didnt rank teams on potential, but performance and as of yet Chilly has not preformed. I am sure Chilly will, at the end of the season, be one of the better teams in the area, but until the put w's on the board think there are more deserving programs as of right now.

Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

pfloyd ...

I'm told now that East didn't have a conflict tonight. Just wanted to play Friday instead of Tuesday.

I'll leave the reasons why up to everyone's imagination, because I don't have a clue :-D .

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

Hateraid - those are valid points and I notice that you are new to the site, so you wouldnt know that last year this was a heated discussion for the entire season between VC and Chilly fans. It does make for good reading, which is one of the great things about PFloyds post. This is always the most poular post on this site.

Welcome to SEOP.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... welcome aboard HaterAid ... points well taken BUT my committee of one - me - did drop the Cavs from 1st on the preseason list to the #2 spot this past Week(end) ... the Cavs never trailed in their game until the overtime period ... Brookhaven may not be considered as being as good as Chilli BUT the haven would no doubt be more than the majority of teams Below the Line could handle - I do look at the opponents when deciding on placement of teams on the list, just as I look at leagues, did the teams play back to back games or maybe a 3 game work week for a team etc .... I didn't put Chilli into "free fall" down the list because they are "on paper" THE team in Southern/Southeastern along with that Zanesville bunch of Coach Aronhalt ... should the Blue & White continue with their "slow" start as described by seopsters in Chillitown they of course will continue to drop on the Elite 8 list ... their dropping will have other quality teams moving up the ladder - Vinton County, etc ....

... feel free to agree, disagree ... I've got thick skin LOL ... I can take it (usually LOL) ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Putting VC above Chilly would be tough for me as you can't help but remember last the districts and VC lost two of their best and Chilly lost 1 of their with 2 all-state like returnees.

For me Chilly would have to be 2 losses back to get jumped.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

New Boston over South Gallia

Post by a_c_m »

South Gallia Rebels lost to the New Boston Glenwood Tigers tonight 61-49.

4sporterEHS
SEOP

Post by 4sporterEHS »

How come Ironton dont play untill the 4th?

"Do You Even Remember What It Is Like To Be To Tired To Run"

-I Am What I Am
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... some of tonight's finals ...

PHS 79
Minford 72 OT

Northwest 61
Piketon 68

Washington CH 66
Amanda 60

NY 62
Trimble 48

Oak Hill 82
Symmes Valley 57

Fairland 64
Green Twp. 33

South Gallia 49
New Boston 61

Portsmouth West 77
Notre Dame 29

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

pfloyd, I always enjoy seeing the teams come and go on your list, glad you brought it over to seops .

that being said, I know m,my trojans will take a few limps, but Im willing to bet , we wil not be tre huggers al year long this year ;-)

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

danicalifornia,
did whiteoak shoot poorly because of adena's good defense or shoot poorly because they are lousy shooters or missed a lot of easy or open shots?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

sparky ... when I saw the WhiteOak boyz in Chillicothe they COULDN'T make anything no matter where they were on the court ... could have just been that 1st game thing going on ... Tuesday night WhiteOak put a hurtin' on Williamsburg 94 - 35 ... no problem finding the bottom of the bucket ... just have to keep an eye on how they respond to the various levels of competition ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... score from tonight ...

Jackson 47
Circleville 77

Circleville being on the End Table trying to move up the list ...

91blue14
SE

Post by 91blue14 »

wow 77-29 :roll:

fhsfan
Riding the Bench

Post by fhsfan »

Fairland looked good on defense against Green. Lamb, Hatfield, and Bumgardner did not touch the floor in the 4th or the score could have been much worse. Things will get much tougher Saturday I am sure since Federal Hocking beat Rock Hill.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

sparky- They had numerous wide open looks and weren't even close. To be fair though, Adena couldn't make anything in the 1st half either. Adena's defense didn't really have much to do with the score of the game, it was more of Whiteoak's poor shooting. Although, looks like Whiteoak fixed that problem, LOL.

Friday in the SVC

Southeastern(0-1) @ Paint Valley(0-1)

Both teams appear to be rebuilding as they head into this matchup. Southeastern will be defending their SVC title from last year and won't be an easy win for anybody. PV played SE extremely tough both times last year, but did lose Justin Mendenhall(1st team All-SVC) and several other seniors from a 5-17 season. Gone from SE are Tim Pettit(1st team All-SVC) and Matt Skaggs(2-time All-SVC) from a 16-5 team. Lots of injuries for Coach Jordan's squad as well.
Players to watch: Kenny Corcoran(SE), Matt Workman(PV)
Prediction: Southeastern 52-46

Piketon(1-1) @ Unioto(0-1)

Piketon got a big win over a tough Northwest squad Tuesday to give them some momentum while heading into Frenchtown for this battle. The Streaks have many in the Village believing in a run at the SVC title with a nice mix upperclassmen and a couple of nice freshmen. Unioto needs to handle to the ball to have a chance in this one. Both teams come off of tough season's last year(Piketon 7-14, Unioto 5-17) and tough season openers. Usually Unioto is a tough place to win, but if Piketon wants to have a chance in the league race, you gotta win games like this. Curtis Baker and Alex Kimsey lead the Shermans, while Cody Smith(All-SVC) and Jordan Brabson lead the Streaks.
Players to Watch: Evan Legg(Piketon), Ben Bower(Unioto)
Prediction: Unioto 65-63

Game of the Week:
Zane Trace(1-0) @ Huntington(1-0)

Two of the early season favorites in the SVC clash in the season opener in the Hills of Huntington. Zane Trace returns Corey Keister(3rd Team All-SVC) and Matt Miller(2nd Team All-SVC) from last year's 12-9 squad who surprised many people around the league. This year's team won't sneak up on anybody, but will not be very deep, which could pose problems against the Hustlin' Huntsmen. Huntington dropped their 1st 2 SVC games last year before winning 11 of their last 12 to finish 2nd in the league. The Kellough twins, Josh(SVC POY) and Justin(All-SVC), return to lead the Huntsmen in their chase for their 2nd ever SVC title. This should be a battle.
Players to Watch: Kirk Maxwell(ZT), Corey Cottrell(HHS)
Prediction: Huntington 73-64

*Note
Adena vs. Westfall has been postponed to January 23rd due to Westfall's playoff run.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... great stuff daniC ... looking forward to seeing how that Zane Trace vs Huntington game turns out ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... is it just me OR DID MY PURPLE HIPPO DISAPPEAR ???? ...

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”