Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio ... Jan. 6th

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

I've seen this show before ... 24 unanswered points by LSU ... got the Bucks on the run - back peddling ... this is killing me !!!

Focused
SEOPS

Post by Focused »

Seems as if we are reliving a nightmare.. :(

David
Waterboy

Post by David »

Pfloyd(or anyone else) do you have the records for the following teams? Broken up by Division. Thanks.

Miami Trace
Hillsboro

Eastern Brown
Peebles
Portsmouth West
Wellston

Ports. Clay
Fairfield
South Webster
Beaver Eastern
South Gallia

Eagles20
Freshman Team

Post by Eagles20 »

Belpre plays Alexander on Friday the 11th

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

SVC Preview for Tuesday, January 8th

Westfall(3-2, 4-5) @ Zane Trace(2-4, 4-6)
Neither team has started the season off like many thought they would, both underachieving teams have a chance to start their turnaround tonight. Westfall is very athletic and can pressure the ball well, but must cut turnovers to be successful, while, Zane Trace needs to find a new ball handler after losing their top one last week. Both are coming off of conference victories on the road.
Prediction: Westfall, 57-49

Unioto(2-4, 2-8.) @ Paint Valley(1-5, 3-6)
Both of these teams are more than likely out of the SVC title race, but they can both still play for pride and tournament seeding. PV was rolling, after winning a holiday tournament, but ZT ran all over them on Friday night. Unioto keeps playing teams close, losing an 11 point game to Huntington. Shooting at PV is always tough and hopefully it will be bigger than a scrimmage sized crowd like it normal in Bainbridge.
Prediction: None, Good Luck to the Shermans

Southeastern(0-6, 1-10) @ Piketon(5-1, 8-2)
Quite a turn of events from the last time these two met up, where SE clinched the SVC title against the 6th place Redstreaks last year. This game may be at Southeastern and that's the only thing that could keep it close. Piketon has too many weapons for the Panthers to slow down. If SE stands any chance, it's only if Prater steps it up for them.
Prediction: Piketon, 70-49

Huntington(6-0, 10-0) @ Adena(4-1, 6-3)
WKKJ Game of the Night
Huntington leaves the Hills for a huge matchup in Frankfort this evening. Adena has been a surprising, yet disappointing team thus far in the season. Leading very late in each of it's 3 losses, the Warriors are having trouble finishing games, while Huntington has had no trouble finishing at all. They have had 1 really close game(4 point win over a very good VC team) and 1 semi close game(11 point win over Unioto) and have generally cruised every step of the season to a #4 state ranking. Look for Adena to give Huntington all kinds of trouble, but in the end, the Kelloughs will take the victory back to the Hills.
Prediction: Huntington, 56-48

SVC Standings
Huntington 6-0 10-0
Piketon 5-1 8-2
Adena 4-1 6-3
Westfall 3-2 4-5
Unioto 2-4 2-8
Zane Trace 2-4 4-6
Paint Valley 1-5 4-6
Southeastern 0-6 1-10

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... good stuff daniC !!! ... looking forward to seeing the info on that Huntington/Adena clash tonight ... I like "Kellough to the second power" to get the W - but we will see ...

allsport
Freshman Team

Post by allsport »

pfloyd... you predicted a Rock Hill move last week and they responded with a 25 point victory AT River Valley... with a win tonight against Coal Grove, they may move into some of the upper branches of the tree!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

allsport - it was this time last year or right before Christmas that the boyz from Rock Hill kicked it up a notch ... RH will be a a tough game for all comers the rest of the way imo ... IF the Hill players take the court with TEAM in mind they can play with anyone ...

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

(7-0, 11-0) Huntington 56
(4-2, 6-4) Adena 54

(3-4, 5-6) Zane Trace 56
(3-3, 4-6) Westfall 50

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Roll and Uhrig must've played well.......Adena has the very good guards to keep up with Huntington

osumufan
SE

Post by osumufan »

BLUEGRASSVIKE wrote:I know SP beat Fairland, can anyone tell me who else they have played this year? Impressive to have an undefeated season at this point whoever is on the schedule.

South Point has beaten Lucasville Valley, Green , Coal Grove, Hunt. St. Joe, River Valley, Portsmouth, South Webster, Northwest, Fairland and Chesapeake.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Adena led by six with two minutes left.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Washington Court House took down undefeated Madison Plains 74-72

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

WKKJ says that Southeastern upset Piketon.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

That's where I got my score

SE over Piketon.....I would never guess

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

chilli beats gallia 85 -30.......led 46-8 at halftime.....

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Would teams have a better shot vs Chilly by shooting 50 footers and hoping to get the strange rebound for the easier basket? lol

Philos_Finest
All Conference

Post by Philos_Finest »

I know this doesn't effect this poll but. There were 3 big upsets in the MVL tonight.

First was seeing Morgan hand Tri-Valley their first loss of the season on a buzzer beater.

Second was seeing Philo(3-7) man handle Maysville(8-2) by a 12+ point victory.

& Finally was seeing a one win Shierdan squad take down John Glenn.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Ironman92 wrote:Would teams have a better shot vs Chilly by shooting 50 footers and hoping to get the strange rebound for the easier basket? lol

Ironman, GA almost hit a few buzzer beaters. Actually our defense was very good again tonight. After a pretty sluggish start, the D picked up and did not let GA do much. Chambers and Dawes clogged the middle while Beverly, Humpty and Knights just created havoc out front.

I feel bad for Gallia because they are shorthanded. However, they did not quit and Coach Osborne is a class act.

We in fact let our starters play the whole third quarter after subbing at after the first 4 minutes of the 1st quarter. Again, I like the mixing up of the 6-9 guys with the starters. Caleb Knights did play in the 4th with the second team, and I believe that was to get him some looks and play the two guard while Mike Turner ran the point (next years backcourt???)

In any event I thought the Cavs passed the ball better tonight. Humpty though sick got everyone involved after hitting an early one and then missing a few. We were challenging him to get 10 dimes.

I thought Dawes was superb in the first half (12 points) and some nice steals. The third quarter belonged to Mr. Chambers. I believe he may have had a double double and outscored Gallia by himself. I believe he went for 19 plus numerous rebounds, steals and blocked shots.

Stu Beverly got going with a double figures and numerous steals. He also hit some jumpers. As he and Dawes hit (to compliment Humpty) the inside opens up wide for Ray and Seth. Also, allows Hump and Caleb to penetrate and create.

Cavs finish with 4 in double figures, but again struggled somewhat at the free throw line. Some sloppy play in the middle part of the 3rd quarter, but the lopsided score creates some of that.

Well, it will be an interesting few days at practice as we get ready for a Fri/Sat/Tues run. Good for the kids, but mental focus is a much (especially with Newark sitting there on Saturday). Road trips to Marietta cannot be fun with a Saturday afternoon game looming. Thank God for Charter Buses and Basketball Clubs.

Good luck to Gallia the rest of the way. Their JV's outplayed our JV, in a turnover laden game. However, both teams were competitive and the game was much better then the Varsity contest.

Also, I hope the kid that took the hard fall trying to block Dawes layup in the first half is ok. Looked like a hip pointer. He was in pain.

GO CAVS!!!

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

when is west gonna get on this list?

With everything that has went on with their coaching staff and the rest of the stuff going on, West is 5-5, with wins over West Union, and New Boston which is on your list, they only lost to coal grove by 6, they played oak hill close, and the rest of their losses have came against quality team, North Adams, Wheelersburg, and Minford

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”