Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week 1

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
bman
SEO

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Week 1

Post by bman »

Hope you enjoyed the big day of hoops at the Convocation Center....a little preview of 'Basketball 30'.

And I'll be down in the First Capital to watch the Braves and Cavaliers tango.

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

Very good ranking Pfloyd. Chilly is very solid ball club, but I do believe they will not stay at top of the list for the season. They played an average North College Hill team. NCH turned the ball over way to many times, I mean they were not forced by Chilly, some of them were but not all of them. Chilly has some L's ahead of them playing in the SEOAL. Portsmouth is going to be a very dangerous team come tourny time. They can get up and down the court better than any one I have seen in a while. I'm going to go watch Portsmouth every night they are close to home when my Siders are not playing. Have not got to see Logan Elm or Ironton play, I was at the Convo saturday but I left while Logan Elm was warming up, I was not feeling real well and my buddy wanted to go home, he was there to watch the Southern Hills League teams. I cannot wait to go up to Ironton and watch the Holiday shootout up there. We are going to get to see some very good basketball. As for North Adams, man are they a good shooting ball club. #20, I forget his name, he was a SHOOTER, he hit the game winner vs. Cheasepeake, which I don't think should have been much of game. North Adams had way to much talent for that ball club, but they picked up the "W." All and all man did I have one fun day at the convo just watching all but the last two games. Peebles is a fun team to watch and I enjoyed watching the big man for Waterford. I

Now for having the Portsmouth West Siders on your list, THANK YOU! I love to see my Siders or (Senators) :lol: on the list but I don't see them on the list very long. They don't have an established PG yet. They are going to need it because a tough SOC road is ahead of them and they also have dates with North Adams :( and some other fine ball clubs. Good Luck to my Siders cause you guys are going to need some with the schedule you guys got ahead of you.

This is going to be a good year to watch SOC II basketball. There is some solid ball clubs in the conference, Northwest, Oak Hill, Waverly, Valley, Minford and Wheelersburg, then South Webster and my Siders dragging the tail.

Great Job Pfloyd

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

pfloyd: Good to talk to you at the Convo Saturday........I left at halftime of the VC-SP game.......it was late and after 5 1/2 games, I had enough...........I enjoyed the basketball, though......3 games in a row decided by 1 point........you could go 10 years and not see that again..........

I thought the best game was Chesapeake and North Adams......it had a little of everything, and it didn't surprise me that Unger made the winning shot.......he is a clutch player and it won't be the last time he does that........both the Peake and NA should be at the Convo come March.........

Couldn't believe how Peebles snatched defeat from the jaws of victory......they led Alexander for 31 minutes only to have the Spartans win the last minute......and the game.........

Logan got the W but it wasn't pretty......but after the 0-2 start I'm quite sure the Chieftains are happy to get that first win. Patrick Angle is a very good basketball player.........would make a nice guard on any basketball team..........

Waterford got another win but it was sloppy by both teams.......lots of turnovers......but the Wildcats should have another good season and advance well into the postseason.........

Logan Elm dominated Fairland........the Braves look strong and the addition of Amann/Hauserman has strengthened LE. No question they are a serious contender to win the Athens regional.......but there's a lot of basketball to be played, and I would bet that LE and Chillicothe are on a collision course in Athens..........the Dragons have talent but have to play more under control.........good to talk to bucking red as he was rooting on his Dragons........

I thought that South Point looked pretty good for the half I watched them.....I left at intermission..........but I saw where Vinton County had a big second half to get the W.

tropical breeze
Riding the Bench

Post by tropical breeze »

Dave,
There was a player from West M. named Osborn who was their best player. How did he look? I know it was an ugly game, but I believe he was the MVL player of the year last year. I played ball in school with his dad, who was a real good ball player.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

tropical breeze: Osborn got the Player of the Game award for W.Muskingum. It was an ugly game, and the Tornadoes ran a deliberate offense, but Osborn played well. Patrick Angle for Logan is a very nice player who could start for about anybody in SE Ohio.

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Pfloyd,

My confidents in Pike County say a Tiger sighting may be ahead. Waverly has put together a 2-0 start. Minford and Rock Hill. Based on last years results the Tigers may be low of the ranking pole, but with the big Swede moving in (6'7") and playing well, they are a different team. I also understand the Freshman Kretzer is going to be special. Finally, this team is Harrison Martins (soph) and he is all ready raking up major napkin stats in the first two games.

Keep them on the radar, as I predict they give Oak Hill all they can handle.

GO CAVS!!! 2008 D2 STATE CHAMPS!!!

Hitchbone64
All Conference

Post by Hitchbone64 »

Pfloyd,

Good read on my beloved Cavs also. We are on the top of the Hill, but the yungin's have plenty of work to do to stay on top. Tough week as we go to Gallia tomorrow night and then head back to the River to play a loaded Ironton squad.

We know we have a big bulls eye on us. Coach Matta reminded the players at the ring ceremony in June. However, the kids are working hard every day and the D you talked about will keep us in every game. The outside shot will come. Knights, Smith and Benson are getting through the Football kinks (12 weeks). Combined with my guy Mr. Dawes, these seniors will keep the yungins in check. Look for us to shot a lot of free throws this year. If we hit them like opening night we will be fine.

Finally, any talk about that team up North (LE) will be held within these lips until after this weekend. Our schedule is funky, as we cannot get any consistency in games played until after the holidays. However, league play is here, and the kids lost a chance to go back to back SEOAL champs last year. I want another one before the league crumbles anymore.

GO CAVS!!!! 2008 D2 STATE CHAMPS!!!

BLUEGRASSVIKE
Varsity

Post by BLUEGRASSVIKE »

Hitchbone,
Whats going on with the Frosh @ Chilly.... London???? I think that is his name. Is he getting any Varsity minutes? If he is a top 100 Frosh I would think we would hear more about him. Is he playing, hurt or on JV this year for experiene. Just curious Ive read a lot about him on here and if he is truley as good as the Cav faithful say I look forward to seing him in action against some of the talent in the SOEL.

trojandave
SEOP

Post by trojandave »

Bluegrassvike: London is academically ineligible until January........when he returns, he will be a real force defensively.......he is probably the best defender for his size and age that I have seen in high school basketball.......combine him with Smith, Dawes, Benson, and VanVolkenburg and the Cavaliers will have the best front line in the SE District.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Is Logan still playing at Bloom Carroll or River Valley playing at Chesapeake tonight?

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

leesburg fairfield lost to east clinton.

Raiderball
SEOPS H

Post by Raiderball »

RV at Peake is cancelled.

Also I believe that Oak Hill/RV score was OH 56 RV 34

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Logan vs Bloom Carroll is cancelled for this evening - was cancelled before school was out this afternoon due to snow and ice ...

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Postponed

Adena at Zane Trace 1/13
Westfall at Piketon 1/13

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... is there anyone playing tonight in Southern/Southeastern Ohio ??? ... seems the only winner tonight is mother nature LOL ...

classof86
All State

Post by classof86 »

South Gallia @ Reedsville Eastern tonight

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Pfloyd...Has Logan made its makeup game with Bloom Carroll?

Here's the makeups I've received thus far:

Chillicothe at Gallipolis (Jan. 6)
Jackson at Ironton (this evening)
Marietta at Warren Local (Still looking)
Valley at Wheelersburg (Dec. 20)
River Valley at Chersapeake (Still looking)
Rock Hill at Fairland (This evening)
Logan at Bloom Carroll (Still looking)

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Pfloyd ... I have a new 'ripple' for your top 8 man ...

To raise the stakes for next weeks top 8 ranking ... Offer up a top 8 slot to whomever wins the VINTON COUNTY/ATHENS game! That would be great, give those teams even more reason to beat one another ...lol... Its already been a dogfight on the preps page amongst the two teams posters, one more tidbit of motivation would be great to add to the already burning fire! :mrgreen:

Bassmaster
S

Post by Bassmaster »

Can Athens or VC compete with any of Mr. Floyd's Top 8 :?:

UpperDecker
Waterboy

Post by UpperDecker »

Bassmaster wrote:Can Athens or VC compete with any of Mr. Floyd's Top 8 :?:

We will find out later in the year, when VC and Piketon square off @ OUC
93Bulldog wrote:Pfloyd ... I have a new 'ripple' for your top 8 man ...

To raise the stakes for next weeks top 8 ranking ... Offer up a top 8 slot to whomever wins the VINTON COUNTY/ATHENS game!

Not a good measuring stick Pfloyd, because VC will win this game by 20. If you based Athens rankings on this game you would have to create a new way of ranking them. Maybe a doormat wanna be list.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”