Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Preseason

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Preseason

Post by pfloyd »

... the Committe of One -Me- met for almost 3 hours today going over last years "Napkin Stats" ... plowing thru press clippings from the post season, pulled out the Sectional/District/Regional game wrap-ups ... A "Preliminary" Elite 8 has been jotted down, along with the Treehugger Wannabe Teams ... the Committee of One is scheduled to meet again on Wednesday night to put the final touches on the "lists" ...

The Official "unofficial" Preseason Elite 8, Treehugger Wannabes, End Table Teams will be posted on SEOPs late Wednesday night ~ 11pm ... the beatings can begin shortly thereafter at around 11:05pm ;-p

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Floyd ... No way Athens goes back to the SEOAL ... The TVC experience has been great for Athens ... The gate/revenue at games has just been tooooooo big - not only in football - but in all the sports.

Good luck with your trip to Columbus - EVERYONE I'm sure will be hoping for the best!!!

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Looking forward to seeing someone else get jumped on for a while,,,,, :mrgreen: ......alwas some good stuff with this very popular thread,,great to see you back for another year.

I,LL wait for a couple weeks in before I chime in,, 8)

underthemound
Freshman Team

Post by underthemound »

pfloyd,

nice to see you change your mind about the tigers. keep up the good work! always a great read.

OZZIEOHIO
SEOPS HO

Post by OZZIEOHIO »

Ill be watching for the first poll

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

Pfloyd,

My boys at Piketon lost a lot; but to my understanding the have 3 nice transfers that will fit real nice with a fine group of underclassmen. I believe they will climb to your great 8 before the season is halfway done....copy and paste this one Floyd...Coach L has them scrimmaging Chillicothe, Ironton, Logan Elm, and a big trip to Columbus to play the big dogs!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

OZZIEOHIO wrote:Ill be watching for the first poll
Oh sure ... I havn't heard a peep out of Ozzie and Biggdowgg all year - as soon as hoops season starts up, they're all over the place ... lol ... Brutus and Blaster are somewhere feeling very dissapointed in you two!!! You were once two proud Trojan football diehards - now you just sit in warm gymnasiums eatin popcorn and M&M's.

Portsmouth finally conquered the Convo - but look what's it's done to two of p-towns finest ... Floyd outta penalize the Trojans in his pre-season rankings based on this atrocity alone.

:mrgreen:

chef_piketon
JV Team

Post by chef_piketon »

The Streaks will round into form with a lot of new faces and an exciting brand of basketball and look for them to be a bracket buster come tournament time. Destination is The Chef's favorite venue = Athens Convocation Center.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

pfloyd wrote:... Thanks for the preseason information on the SVC DaniC - greatly appreciated as always... you take care of business in that "foreign country" of TN ;-) ... I'm hoping I can be the one who is able to give YOU the updates on the hoops this Winter ... take care of yourself my friend ... I'll get the Pre-Season Elite 8 list out soon for you to critique ...

I just checked my preview to you from last year, nailed 6 of the 8 spots, with 5 records being correct. Sadly, I'm pretty proud of that. Appreciate the kind words, but I may be home sooner than expected and that's a good thing!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Eastern lost pretty much everyone Logangrad, including their coach.

The Hocking is a wide open race - I won't have an idea who has what until I at least see them at the preview ... As it stands right now, Southern has to be the odds on favorite with all players back except one. I wouldn't be surprised if Howie has the Lancers in the mix, Trimble has a few pieces back from last year and who knows what Wahama will come up with ... They will probably still be playing football when the Shriners Preview takes place though ... lol ... And I have heard through the grapevine that their are some kids down at Waterford thinking TVC-Hocking championship or bust this year ... You also have South Gallia, who returns almost its entire roster from a team that made it to the Convo last year.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... Trimble/Eastern??? ... not this year LG ... better be looking to put your money on Southern, South Gallia ...as 93dog pointed out when it comes to "coaching getting a team in the mix" better keep an eye on Coach Howie's Fed Hock boyz as the season progresses ... in the Big Boyz division Athens/Vinton County should be favored while Wellston has a lot "emotional" incentive to make a mark on the TVC standings while Wahama (one of those foreign teams) ALWAYS has athletes and WILL be a force - just not on the Pfloyd rankings ... in a nutshell - Trimble and Reedsville Eastern will have to be down the list of teams to watch to start the season...

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

93Bulldog wrote:
Oh sure ... I havn't heard a peep out of Ozzie and Biggdowgg all year - as soon as hoops season starts up, they're all over the place ... lol ... Brutus and Blaster are somewhere feeling very dissapointed in you two!!! You were once two proud Trojan football diehards - now you just sit in warm gymnasiums eatin popcorn and M&M's.

Portsmouth finally conquered the Convo - but look what's it's done to two of p-towns finest ... Floyd outta penalize the Trojans in his pre-season rankings based on this atrocity alone.

Its gettin too cold for fishin....... :122245

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Although you are in fact from Logan - and I absolutly hate 'the purple' - I will still cut ya a little slack (for now anyways) ... lol ... BTW, I've been switching over the trivalleyconference.com web site from football to basketball ... Maybe you can pick up a few things from their to get you back in the swing of things ... I'll be adding more and more everyday.

Floyd ... The 'sleeper' in the Hocking will be Waterford - as long as 6-foot-8 Tate Lang plays ... He could really cause teams fits this season with the league lacking in height (besides Federal Hocking.)

starbase_318
Varsity

Post by starbase_318 »

93Bulldog wrote:

:122245 :122245 Sneaky fellars!!

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Logangrad wrote:Vinton County and Coach Combs have a tall order coming up this year with a stretch of 8 of 9 on the road including 7 in a row. Ouch.
Two of those seven will be at a neutral site.. but nonetheless 7 in a row away from VC will be brutal.

LoganElm_grad09
Varsity

Post by LoganElm_grad09 »

Logan Elm's slate (per loganelmsports.net)

2/3 ZT Tip Off Classic vs Hillsboro Away 7:00
12/10 Teays Valley Home 7:30
12/16 Canal Winchester Away 7:30
12/17 Chesapeake @OU 7:30
12/20 Fairfield Union Home 7:30
12/23 Beechcroft Home 7:30
12/28 Westfall Away 7:30
12/30 Zane Trace Home 7:30
1/6 Hamilton Township Away 7:30
1/10 Bloom Carroll Home 7:30
1/14 Circleville Away 7:30
1/20 Amanda Clearcreek Home 7:30
1/24 Teays Valley Away 7:30
1/28 Canal Winchester Home 7:30
1/31 Washinton C.H. Away 7:30
2/3 Fairfield Union Away 7:30
2/7 Hamilton Township Home 7:30
2/11 Bloom Carroll Away 7:30
2/14 Circleville Home 7:30
2/17 Amanda Clearcreek Away 7:30

TigerNation10
Waterboy

Post by TigerNation10 »

15-3 seems a little steep for Miami Trace. They graduated a lot last year. Who do they have returning?

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”