Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #7

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #7

Post by biggdowgg »

good job on getting the folks to talk about the games pfloyd,,you do a great job,and put a lot of time into this,I really do enjoy seing it each week

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... great stuff folks, my committee of one -me - is fully monitoring the input here on seops ... as I posted THIS WEEK'S rankings were extremely hard to do ... South Webster being a case in point - the win over Portsmouth ... my committee of one - me - gave it less weight due to how early it was in the season, the fact that McKinley/Horne were not on the floor, that I have seen Portsmouth at THIS STAGE in the season just this week WITH McKinley & Horne on the floor as they came into Logan and beat my Purple - PHS was impressive ( this is comparing the Trojans to the rest of the top 20 teams on the lists - the teams I have not seen in the top 20 are Valley, Oak Hill, South Webster & Peebles; I am driving to Peebles Saturday to see Peebles vs South Point - my second look at South Point in less than a week) ... question for the masses - when is the South Webster @ Oak Hill makeup game??? ... that would be a doable game to get to for me on either week night or weekend ... over all I have seen 16 of my top 20 teams , in all I have seen 38 of the 55 teams I have on the lists - many of the top teams more than once , many teams that are NOT on either list lol ... I KNOW what impresses me as a cheap seat guy and I know what doesn't ... I feel I know what will bode well for TEAMS vs other competition especially competition that IS better than themselves , do the teams I have on the list have "IT" or is what I am seeing on the floor just a particular team being that much better "talent wise" /athlete wise ... it probably isn't fair that I haven't been able to see some teams and are making decisions based on seeing others in person BUT my committee of one - me - we do the best we can ... I really appreciate the "good" debate that folks do on this thread - support for your side of the issue, support for your team(s) - it's all good ... and if the lists , the debate can inform out of state posters such as wipalawalt - so much the better ... IF your team ISN'T on the Elite 8 list this week - always remember that being in the Elite 8 is like having a job - getting there is only half the battle STAYING there once you've made it is the true test of a TEAM ...

... keep up the good discussion ... this week will be a challenge for those teams who ARE on this weeks Elite 8 ...

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

I didnt see the game but from what I have read on this sight and also on the newspaper sights , If Portsmouth had hit thier free throws they would have picked up the win vs Chilli. I do not believe the win over the Burg carries as much as people think with Floyd. But the fact that the Trojans have won 6 of the last 7, and had Chilli on the ropes means more than the two early season losses to Webster and the Pointers. This team has beaten Warren on the road,Jackson, Marietta, Gallia Academy and Logan on the road since the Burg victory........Ironton is key GO Trojans

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

our free throws was not good agaisnt chilli,and even worse against Gallia, we had our best free throw percentage at Logan...Torey Hornes 9 of 9 helped with that,but everyone else was hitting theirs also

bvmv4life
All Conference

Post by bvmv4life »

Pfloyd Ironton will be in Chillicothe on Friday. The Cavs are much improved from their first meeting. The Cavs was even beating them by 15 before their huge collaspe. It won't happen at the "Hat"!

Chieftan
Riding the Bench

Post by Chieftan »

Great list pfloyd...glad to see Peebles rated a spot in your elite 8...hope we prove you right!! Go Indians

jgordon0315
JV Team

Post by jgordon0315 »

Free throws contributed to the loss against chilli but the reason Portsmouth lost was crucial turnovers late in the game. Portsmouth was up most of the entire second half losing the lead with about a minute left. Too late in the game to give it up. However free throws down the stretch coulda cut the cavalier's lead. All in all they stole it and Portsmouth needs to return the favor with Horne and Mckinley back in the fold.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Athens No. 7 ... I like it ... If they get a win over Greenup Ky, you might have to look at taking the 'Dogs up even higher Floyd ... Then they got a game in Belpre Friday that may just be their toughest game to date ... The Golden Eagles are a super talented team that has lost some close games - lost a game or two w/o maybe their best player (Reggie Sims) on the floor ... If Athens can win in that gym against that team; they will have taken a huge step forward and should have the inside track on a TVC-Ohio title ... (Still have games with VC, Alex and another versus Belpre - But they are all three at home) ... and Athens still has to face their fast becoming rival Nelsonville-York twice.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Just a point from the other side. pfloyd....you do all you humanly can to see each team and give them their due.....but if you only see a team once and they are unbelievable....they may weigh a little favorably in your mind....and vice versa.

3 things are for sure:

1. pfloyd gets out and sees all he can giving all teams pretty much equal opportunity

2. it's fun to look at all angles and debate a bit on these rankings

3. tourney time will settle the majority of the debates

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I thought he had like 3 points...whereas vs Jackson he had 33 with hands in his face and fading away.....unstoppable

LoganElm_grad09
Varsity

Post by LoganElm_grad09 »

Glad to see Logan Elm at #1 even after the loss to Fairfield Union. I think they needed to lose to refocus, and it worked, beating a Detriot team 43-31. HUGE game coming up on Friday next week against Canal Winchester, who is 9-2 but undefeated in MSL play. Saturday, they go up to the Schott to face Westerville South, a DI team.

A pair of statement games there.

bucks10
Waterboy

Post by bucks10 »

no offense to portsmouth bc everyone has an off game but as i was reading down through this all i seen was...WELL..if they wouldve hit their free throws and WELL...if Tory Horne and Dion Mckinley were in the game....WELL the point is they didnt hit the free throws and Tory Horne and Dion Mckinley werent in the game...a good team makes most of their free throws and a good team learns to play without 2 of their best players...the pointers at the beginning of the year didnt have Kyle Winkler due to grades and Matt Button due to a broken shin(both of them were projected starters)...but what did they do? Jordan Bruton and Tevin Mitchell stepped up and filled their spots and now even with them back they are still starters and Kyle Winkler comes off the bench to score some big points and Button comes in and plays some killer defense when Bruton gets tired...thats what a good team does..

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... buck10 ... I was very impressed with what South Point brings to the table when I watched them vs Southern this past weekend ... SP made a major jump UP the list ... I will see the Pointers again this weekend in Peebles - Coach Barnes' boyz will have the chance to not only move into the Elite 8 with a "W" (easier said than done in the backyard of hoops called Peebles) BUT the game will take place with pfloyd in the cheap seats to see the action on the court ... should be a great trip to see some excellent hoops between a couple of the better teams in Southern Ohio - looking forward to the Tour Stop Saturday evening ...

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

South Point @ Peebles (estimated 2,347 miles) will be as tough as Eastern Brown playing South Point at Peake.....and we know how that went.

Peebles is in the basketball country league......what is football they say there? and they say things like....we used to have football a long time ago.

South Point at Peebles....good luck, I hope you don't have a game Friday night.

sparky
All State

Post by sparky »

i think ironman should start up his list again as it would lead to a lot more spirited debate.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

sparky is always poking and prodding

I'm completely retired from that.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

Ironman92 wrote:South Point @ Peebles (estimated 2,347 miles) will be as tough as Eastern Brown playing South Point at Peake.....and we know how that went.

Peebles is in the basketball country league......what is football they say there? and they say things like....we used to have football a long time ago.

South Point at Peebles....good luck, I hope you don't have a game Friday night.

I have heard legend of this foot-ball. There was once foot-ball in our lands, in the long-long ago...in the Before Time. It is a heretic game played outdoors under a demon moon, is it not?

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

bucks10 wrote:no offense to portsmouth bc everyone has an off game but as i was reading down through this all i seen was...WELL..if they wouldve hit their free throws and WELL...if Tory Horne and Dion Mckinley were in the game....WELL the point is they didnt hit the free throws and Tory Horne and Dion Mckinley werent in the game...a good team makes most of their free throws and a good team learns to play without 2 of their best players...the pointers at the beginning of the year didnt have Kyle Winkler due to grades and Matt Button due to a broken shin(both of them were projected starters)...but what did they do? Jordan Bruton and Tevin Mitchell stepped up and filled their spots and now even with them back they are still starters and Kyle Winkler comes off the bench to score some big points and Button comes in and plays some killer defense when Bruton gets tired...thats what a good team does..

sorry,But I dont see where you are reading this,I went back and di NOT see anyone say anything about free throws against south point. "one" poster said he "thought we would have beaten them with Horne and Mckinley", but also said , you can never know....

I was at the South Point game,and south Point flat out,out played us and won, bottom line.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

The only time you see "foot-ball" in the SHL parts is when some of the kids try to play some foot-ball type games before cross country meets....and I promise you...it isn't football.

In the SHL, they begin the youth league basketball practicing in mid september and they play games through March....the ones that don't get burnt out end up being pretty experienced ball players...but they can't tell you who played in the Super Bowl the previous year.

jchitwood
All State

Post by jchitwood »

a Super Bowl must hold a lot of cereal!

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”