Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Final Edition

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
LoganElm_grad09
Varsity

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Final Editio

Post by LoganElm_grad09 »

Logan Elm's season ending was a disappointment, but it's a whole new season. Hopefully we'll be hearing Lou at the convo "THE BRAVES OF LOGAN ELM!"

GO BRAVES!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

End Tabler Westfall beats Adena 63-49 at Waverly.

Westfall moves to 8-11 and will face Piketon(18-2) on Saturday. Adena finishes their season at 2-18.

Waverly destroys Miami Trace, 59-34!! Now will face the winner of McClain/Hillsboro on Friday night.

Nelsonville pounds Fed Hock, 58-41 and will play Meigs(10-10) on Saturday at 3

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Alexander - 63
Crooksville - 42

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Gallia Academy 38
Sheridan 52

Logan Elm 48
Fairfield Union 43

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

TUESDAY
Boys Tournament Basketball
Division 2 Sectional Semis @ Southeastern HS
Miami Trace 34
Waverly 59

Hillsboro 51
McClain 39

Division 2 Sectional Semis @ Logan HS
Sheridan 52
Gallia Academy 38

Logan Elm 48
Fairfield Union 43

Division 3 Sectional Semis @ Waverly Downtown Gym
Westfall 63
Adena 49

Northwest 49
West Union 46

Division 3 Sectional Semis @ Jackson HS
South Point 83
Portsmouth West 50

Oak Hill 68
Dawson Bryant 38

Division 3 Sectional Semis @ Athens HS
Federal Hocking 41
Nelsonville York 58

Alexander 63
Crooksville 42

Division 4 Sectional Semis @ Valley HS
New Boston 49
Sciotoville East 59

Portsmouth Notre Dame 68
Western 36

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Waverly smashed the highly seeded Miami Trace team. Not a big surprise but it was quite the margin.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I92 ... Waverly is definitely a more complete team with Martin back in the lineup aren't they ... Waverly could be a very dangerous team in the first few rounds ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Floyd ... Made it to Jim Myers Gymnasium Monday - truly one of the ugliest places I have ever been!

And BTW - If one were trying to spot ya tomorrow - would one search for the 'infamous' faded pink hat??? Or has Mrs. Floyd tossed that one? I would say wear purple to make it easy to point you out - but my Lord, does EVERYONE in and around Logan wear something purple 24-hours-a-day or is it just me? The lady taking tickets, the person at the 2nd set of doors, every person working the concession stand, the folks running the scoreboard, etc...etc....etc....etc.... it's ridiculus!

I do know one thing ... if the seating is split up TVC on one side - and SEOAL on the other - I'll know where you'll be ... :mrgreen:

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... LOL ... I wore a Purple Logan Locos t-shirt tonight ... I should wear my "purple" Chuck Taylors for you tomorrow night !!! LOL ... pfloyd will be in the house wearing the White "Purple Hippo" Pfloyd Tour T-shirt LOL ... Should be a great night for hoops at Jim Myers Gymnasium ... Warren vs Athens to tip off the evening followed by Vinton County vs Marietta in the night cap ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I hope your right about the 'great night for hoops' ... I'm not so sure about my 'Dogs tomorrow - but I am curious what the Vikings can do versus Marietta.

I know I'm off to a good start thus far Floyd ... Watched Athens/New lex Monday ... Nelsonville-York/Fed Hock, Alexander/Crooksville tonight ... and will be taking in the "TVC Vs SEOAL" double-header tomorrow night in Logan.

Ahhhhhhhh - Is there a better time of year than Febuary/March Madness in Southeastern Ohio????

BTW ... I sugest NOT wearing the purple hippo shirt Floyd ... I have sworn to punch that fat, purple hippo right in the gut whenever-and-where ever I might see him! I would really hate to be mistaken and hit you instead ya know.

Five Point
JV Team

Post by Five Point »

Western Latham's score is no surprise after I saw them for the first time on Friday night. Did they win a game this year? Tough Tough season in Latham.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

another outstanding season pflotd, thx for the hard work and hope you are feeling well.
Trojans get South Point to start the 2011 tourney run, remember the Valley game in 20110 and do not repeat! Lets get this thing rolling.
oldtrojan if you come threw Bedford on your travels to the Convo, you should stop by and pick me up, or at least have dinner with the familiy
GO TROJANS!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I know it doesn't matter now, but Miami Trace actually finished 14-5. They didn't make up the games with Westfall or Adena.

Peake
SEOP

Post by Peake »

Ohio High School Hoops has broken down the entire OHSAA tournament (all divisions).

In d2 they choose Chillicothe to get beat in the state championship.
In d3 they choose Chesapeake to get beat in the state semi-finals.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Chillicothe escapes Circleville 48-45

Unioto routs Washington CH 68-52

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... 2 pretty good games in the land of the purple tonight where the SEOAL ousted the 2 TVC contingents Athens/Vinton County ... Warren "survived" a great game by Coach Skinner's Athens Bulldogs 65-57 while Marietta outlasted a scrappy Vinton County Vikings squad 55-54 ... sets up an ALL SEOAL sectional final between Warren Local and Marietta High School with the "survivor" of the third meeting between the #3 and #4 teams in the SEOAL "advancing" to the OU Convocation Center ...

Warren 65
Athens 57

... a few pfloyd "napkin stats" Warren ...

Scoring ... Austin Cunningham 29, Grant Venham 8, Jeremy Hastie 8, Tyler Ward 7, Jace Knost 7, Winland/Henthorn/Leffingwell with 2 points each ...

3 pointers ... 4/10 ... Hastie 2, Cunningham 2

FT's ... 19/29

TOs ... 14

... 17 of the WHS 21 FGs were inside the blocks ... Warriors last 13 points were from the Charity Stripe as Warren was 13 for 19 FT attempts in the final quarter...

... pfloyd "napkin stats" Athens ...

Scoring ... Devon Sharp 16, Orhan Mentese 10, Dean Maffin 8, Josh Skinner 7, Joe Germano 6, Trey Harris 6, Stanley/Maxson 2 a piece ...

3 pointers ... 9/24 ... Skinner 2, Sharp 2, Mentese 2, Harris 2, Maffin 1

FT's ... 6/10

TO's ... 6

... the 'dawgs came out not backing down from the Warriors right from the get'go ... very aggressive getting to the rim which opened up the outside shots (9/24 from 3 point land) ...

Marietta 55
Vinton County 54

... pfloyd "napkin stats" Marietta ...

Scoring ... Wes Riley 15, Kriechbaum 11, Sewell 10, Grose 9, Lenington/Williams 4, Hess 2

3 pointers ... 1/6 ... Kriechbaum 1

FTs ... 14/17

TOs ... 15

... Coach Secrest's Tigers knocked down 11/13 FT's in the 4th period to squeak by the Vikings ( the Vikings lost this one at line as Vinton County was 6/15 from the charity strip and 2/5 in that 4th quarter) ...

... pfloyd "napkin stats" Vinton County ...

Scoring ... Breniser 13, Ward 11, Lawhead 11, Chesser 10, Batey 5, Wiseman 4

3 pointers ... 6/14 ... Ward 3, Lawhead 2, Remy 1

FTs ... 6/15 ... THE KEY GAME NAPKIN STAT

TOs ... 16

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

TWO BIG WINS FOR THE SEOAL.....congrats....to both teams

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Recap of tonight's games at Southeastern.

Chillicothe 48
Circleville 45

One of the Chillicothe posters gave a very good rundown of the game in that game's thread, but it really came down to some bad decision making by Circleville and some great defense by Chillicothe. Circleville had 2-3 chances to hold for the last shot or to run down some clock, turned it over twice and almost did a third time, but was fouled on a loose ball and proceeded to miss the front end of a 1-and-1. Zach Johnson got a steal and hit a streaking Tyler Manion for a layup with a little over 30 seconds left when the game was knotted at 45. Jalen Ragland rebounded a missed FT by Circleville and knocked down 1 out of 2. Circleville then took their sweet time down the court and Hawkins 25 footer was short, but they were able to get the long rebound and with time running out, got a very contested look that went begging and Chillicothe escaped with the win.

Manion only had that one basket, while Ragland had around 22 on the night. Circleville had a great gameplan, but it seemed to fall apart down the stretch for the Tigers. I believe they lose 4 senior starters, with a 5th off of the bench, 3 of those guys had started at least 3 years and their effort and athleticism is going to be tough to replace. They did get some good minutes out of a couple of valuable underclassmen and Coach Evans will have that to build on.

Chillicothe survives and advances and that's the name of the game come tournament time.

Unioto 68
Washington CH 52

Unioto came out and knocked down all 5 of their 3 point attempts in the 1st quarter as they took a 5 point lead after one. They forced many turnovers and while containing Kyle Slone, the inside game of Lake Wallace and Julian Wyant was taking it's toll on the Shermans. Both had 10 at the half, but Unioto still led 32-29, holding that lead with leading scorer Brick Davis being 0-fer in the half. Christian Dunkle's 14 1st half points were key.
As for the 2nd half, WCH upped the pressure in the 3rd and would take a 36-35 lead before Davis began to take over, scoring 10 of his 12 in one quick stretch to extend the Unioto lead. They wound down the game in the 4th with some great defensive pressure and were able to bury the Blue Lions before both teams emptied the benches with a little over a 1:30 left.

Slone was held to 7 points(appeared to be sick) for the Blue Lions, but Wyant led them with 20 points, while Wallace had 14. They finish their season at 13-8 and lose a boat load of seniors, including Slone and Wyant. Unioto was led by Dunkle's 18, Davis had 12, and Cody Strange had 13 huge points, which is a surprising boost from a mostly defensive stopper.

Unioto(14-7) takes on (18-3) Chillicothe at Southeastern on Saturday night. Should be a fun game.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I didn't like the outcome of either game Wednesday in Logan: But, I did get to see Floyd - and chat with my purple pal from Logan for a little while ...

I will say to everyone - Ol Pfloyd looks terrific (for having gone through what he's had to endure the past few months) ... He appears to have lost a few pounds - which I assume is normal for someone who's had to go through chemo therapy - but all in all, he looked pretty darn healthy.

Heck, he even still sports the 'shaggy, curly hair' look with the Chuck Taylor sneakers ... lol

Was I displeased with Athens & VC losing? Sure. Was I happy to see Floyd healthy and in good spirits ... Most definitly!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... 93bulldog ... thanks my friend - always a good thing when I run into the "court street lassie chaser" - we may come across as agreeing to disagree a bunch on the sports forums BUT in real life we both truly agree on many things sports wise - with basketball in the "survive and advance" season one of them ... we've made the "3 Weeks of the Convo" THE high point of the Winter ... over the years we've watched a whole lot of basketball in A'town, talked a whole lot of high school hoops, high school football from the huddle to seops ... 93dog we've got some history - I've truly enjoyed it ...hope we will knock our opinions back and forth for a long time to come ...

... as far as the TVC vs the SEOAL last night? ... neither Athens nor Vinton County have everything to be proud of concerning their respective performances Wednesday night ... every athlete that made it to the floor gave 100% , did everything they could to "advance" TEAM to one more game ... these two squads gave the SEOAL #'s 3 & 4 everything they could handle ... congratulations to both Coach Skinner & his Bulldogs , Coach Combs & his Vikings ... great job in representing ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”