Pfloyd's 72 Team Preseason Elite 8 in Southern/SouthEast OH

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
Whs95fan
S

Re: Pfloyd's 72 Team Preseason Elite 8 in Southern/SouthEast

Post by Whs95fan »

Maybe Huddle knows something I don't but they currently have Warren tied for their #10 slot on their D-II power rankings.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

ADMINISTRATOR 2 wrote:cleaned up some of the garbage,back to basketball.

Thank you ! … "garbage " cheapens" the forum … makes it where I don't want to post - I'm NEVER one to "NOT" post LOL … thanks again …

WarriorBlue
Varsity

Post by WarriorBlue »

WHS95FAN wrote:Maybe Huddle knows something I don't but they currently have Warren tied for their #10 slot on their D-II power rankings.
As they should be. Much respect for the product that Coach Maddox and THE BIG BAD BLUE put on the floor year in and year out. With 6'7" Mike Hall and 6'3" Blake Kidder leading the way, the Warriors will once again make a run at a DII District Championship. This winter names like Kyler Dennis, Aaron Mazurkiwitz, Andrew Henthorn and Luke Drayer will fill the "napkin stats" As a group this senior class has lost a total of 6 games since the 7th grade. All they know how to do is WIN BABY!!!!

GO BIG BAD BLUE!

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

WarriorBlue wrote:
WHS95FAN wrote:Maybe Huddle knows something I don't but they currently have Warren tied for their #10 slot on their D-II power rankings.
As they should be. Much respect for the product that Coach Maddox and THE BIG BAD BLUE put on the floor year in and year out. With 6'7" Mike Hall and 6'3" Blake Kidder leading the way, the Warriors will once again make a run at a DII District Championship. This winter names like Kyler Dennis, Aaron Mazurkiwitz, Andrew Henthorn and Luke Drayer will fill the "napkin stats" As a group this senior class has lost a total of 6 games since the 7th grade. All they know how to do is WIN BABY!!!!

GO BIG BAD BLUE!
I must say I am glad that Meigs gets them right out of the gate, This will be a good game to really see what kind of team Meigs is gonna have this season.

scotisaac
Waterboy

Post by scotisaac »

pfloyd
How do you have Western Pike in the bottom 6 teams?? Not to take anything away from Portsmouth Clay, Symmes Valley and a lot of the teams above Western PIke. But with the returning 7 Seniors and a VERY much improved coaching staff, i see them competing at the top of the SOC and turning some heads this season among southern ohio

SOCFAN1430
Varsity

Post by SOCFAN1430 »

WHS_Indians1 wrote:pfloyd
How do you have Western Pike in the bottom 6 teams?? Not to take anything away from Portsmouth Clay, Symmes Valley and a lot of the teams above Western PIke. But with the returning 7 Seniors and a VERY much improved coaching staff, i see them competing at the top of the SOC and turning some heads this season among southern ohio

I don't think there is anything the Indians have shown yet to make pfloyd think otherwise. However I do completely agree with you and the Indians are on the steady road of improving. Kyle Miller will most likely make a great high school basketball coach. I'm just saying I can pretty easily see how he can have the Indians so low. They have a young coach and lost probably there best offensive player, even though I think Shanks is a much better overall player than Garrett. So if you're not on the inside of the program or from Pike County you wouldn't know that the Indians are pretty well poised to turn a lot of heads this year and years down the road.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I somehow got the boys and girls hoops stuff on track, Floyd.

Fri and sat schedule on the home page ... http://trivalleyconference.com/

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

… 7-16 finish last season … not much to go on as far as what was returning … Dakota Garrett transfers to Waverly taking his 800 points with him … I wish Western a good season just as I do all of the teams - they will need to have that senior leadership step up Shanks will get his 17 ppg … the question marks are the supporting cast and will they improve enough - Riggs, Wolfe, Robinette have to step up while Bryce Brewster ( an underclassman who saw lots of minutes last year) needs to add something to the mix …

… I will be following Western's progress for sure … where a team starts means nothing it's all about the "Ws" - they will move off of the End Table based on their performance on the court just like the other 71 teams … please keep us updated on how Western is doing … I saw Adena tonight vs Amanda CC , Adena will be visiting your Western boys tomorrow night - Adena looked good and that is minus Hall who will join the fray in the 2nd half of the season … a good showing vs Adena would tell me something about Western for sure …

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Any Napkin Stats on the Warren @ Meigs contest tonight ? I know the score but was wondering how the Newbies did tonight for Coach Maddox led by Mike Hall …

scotisaac
Waterboy

Post by scotisaac »

pfloyd wrote:

… 7-16 finish last season … not much to go on as far as what was returning … Dakota Garrett transfers to Waverly taking his 800 points with him … I wish Western a good season just as I do all of the teams - they will need to have that senior leadership step up Shanks will get his 17 ppg … the question marks are the supporting cast and will they improve enough - Riggs, Wolfe, Robinette have to step up while Bryce Brewster ( an underclassman who saw lots of minutes last year) needs to add something to the mix …

… I will be following Western's progress for sure … where a team starts means nothing it's all about the "Ws" - they will move off of the End Table based on their performance on the court just like the other 71 teams … please keep us updated on how Western is doing … I saw Adena tonight vs Amanda CC , Adena will be visiting your Western boys tomorrow night - Adena looked good and that is minus Hall who will join the fray in the 2nd half of the season … a good showing vs Adena would tell me something about Western for sure …

I'll keep everyone updated on the game tonight, thanks for the impute pfloyd

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

WHS_Indians1 … absolutely ! I have no problem letting folks know my "why" for ranking a team AND I have know problem "being schooled" either LOL as I know that IF someone has seen the teams and I haven't they ARE one up on me for sure … I try to get to the Holiday tourney for the Pike Co teams in Waverly every year - that way I am for sure to have seen Eastern , Western, Piketon, Waverly AT LEAST once … hopefully the weather cooperates and I can make the trek down to Tigertown and the House that Hawhee Built to see these teams … thanks for YOUR input as well …

… as I said Adena WILL BE a good barometer type game in the early going for Western … Adena has good balanced scoring - Collin Cory (had 5 treys last night vs Amanda) … they aren't BIG BIG lengthwise but they are physically strong with their 6-0 to 6-2 starting lineup … Adena is a team that will keep getting better and better as well as BIGGER when 6-6 Brian Hall becomes eligible … a good ball club now , even better as the season rolls on …

Last edited by pfloyd on Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

… got the NEW campaign off 3 games last night at the ZAne Trace TipOff Classic … I had Mrs Pfloyd at my side showing her interest in the games by crocheting from the time we got there to the last buzzer LOL … it was good to get to an "early eye test" on Adena, Logan Elm, both Eastern Brown and Southeastern … all 4 of these teams have a whole lot of upside imo … more on this and the teams from today's menu tonight after the games … getting ready to head over Rt 180 to take today's action at ZT … I'm going to record the OSU game, I'm missing my Purple's opener vs Unioto at home tonight BUT I'll pick both these teams up this week as Logan goes up again PHS on WEDNESDAY night and Unioto (one of my top 3 teams in SEO) I WILL MAKE time to go see sooner than later …

…9 games in 2 days ? NICE!!!!!!!!! in my book a GREAt start to the 2014-15 high school hoops season Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line !!!

Saturday 12/6

11am … Berne Union (girls) vs Zane Trace (girls)
12:45 .. Berne Union vs Paint Valley
2:30 …. Circleville vs Piketon
4:15 …. Hillsboro vs Huntington
6:00 …. Jackson vs Westfall
7:00 …. Bloom Carroll vs Vinton County
8:45 …. Washington CH vs Zane Trace

coach_k
JV Team

Post by coach_k »

pfloyd wrote:Any Napkin Stats on the Warren @ Meigs contest tonight ? I know the score but was wondering how the Newbies did tonight for Coach Maddox led by Mike Hall …

ROCKSPRINGS, Ohio — The Warriors couldn’t have asked for a better start to the season.

The Warren basketball team led 25-4 through the first eight minutes of Friday’s 75-39 season opening victory over non-conference host Meigs, at Larry R. Morrison Gymnasium.

The Warriors (1-0) expanded on their early 21-point lead with a 18-to-13 run in the second quarter. Warren outscored the Marauders (0-1) 20-to-13 in the third period, pushing the margin to 63-30 with one quarter to play. WHS closed the game on a 12-to-9 run and claimed the 75-39 victory over the Maroon and Gold.

Meigs was led by senior Isaiah English with 17 points, followed by Luke Musser with nine, including the lone MHS trifecta. Cody Bartrum posted five points, Jaxon Meadows added four, while Tyler Fields and Tylar Blevins each marked two points in the setback.

The Marauders were 6-of-9 (66.7 percent) from the free throw line, while marking 26 rebounds, five assists, three steals, three blocks and 24 turnovers. Meadows led the Maroon and Gold with 11 rebounds, followed by Bartrum, English and Dillon Mahr with three each. Mahr led MHS with four assists, while English paced the defense with one steal and one block.

The Warriors were paced by Blake Kidder with 24 points, followed by Drew Henthron with 15 and Michael Hall with 11. Kyler Dennis and Trevor Cochran both marked six points, Seth Hall and Luke Drayer each added three points, while Elijah Mallahan and Collin Welch each marked two points.

Warren was 8-of-16 (50 percent) from the free throw line, while marking 27 rebounds, 23 assists, 17 steals and five turnovers. Michael Hall marked a team-high seven rebounds, followed by Kidder with five. Aaron Mazurkiewicz led the Blue and White with eight assists, while Seth Hall posted a game-high four steals.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

… thanks Coach_K ! … lots of names stuffing the napkin stat sheet for the Warriors … the Big Bad Blue going 9 deep ? - check … WHS having multiple scoring threats? - check … WIll Michael Hall be "THE" man - stuffing the stat sheet- or will he stuff the stat sheet, do what TEAM needs him to do to make the TEAM better? I think the later has been checked (if you know anything about Michael Hall this really wasn't in question - the kid is a winner/wants to win/ will do the things TEAM asks him to do to win as a TEAM … I will get out to see the Warriors of Coach Maddox soon - without seeing them yet, only seeing the stat sheet of ONE game - I still feel the Warriors have a couple of questions to be answered 1) Can the Warriors rebound by committee well enough to handle an opponent that is BIG on the boards 2) Aaron Mazurkiewicz ? outstanding player -check (no question about it in my book)… at the end of last season I felt that Maz needed to show the ability to "score" or to be a threat to score … teams will play off of him defensively IF he doesn't show the "scoring threat or the willingness to be" a scoring threat imo … this last question will be answered as the season continues … Maz with 8 assists Friday night - he handles the ball/makes decisions with the ball as well as anyone in SEO … 2 outta 3 "ain't bad" but to lead Warren to the next level imo Maz has to make himself a scoring "threat" as well - don't get me wrong Maz does not have to score in double digits every night ! he has to have as part of opponents scouting reports the "potential" to score/hurt the opponent at the offensive end with an outside shot … IF Maz shows this 3rd key for a PG on the offensive end of the floor look out …

... I also have told a few folks during my conversations about the top teams in SEO that I felt that this years Warren TEAM is a whole lot like last seasons Logan Elm squad … great defensively, will kill you in transition, can/will hurt you with multiple perimeter scoring threats … then you add "the Man" - Mike Hall at 6-5 - he can go inside to score off the dribble, can shoot from the perimeter, can handle the ball , this season I'm thinking MH will need to be a force on the inside on the boards more than he has had to do in past seasons - the positive thing is he CAN/WILL do it for TEAM ! - great kid, great attitude …

… heck I haven't even said anything about Coach Maddox yet !!! - he is now one of the "old, grizzled" wise men in high school hoops LOL - when Coach Maddox taught with me at Logan, he let me know when I had crossed into the "old", "wise" , "grizzled" teacher stage of my career when one morning he said "Good morning Sir!" … yep when you get called "sir" you are officially old and grizzled LOL … I'm thinking Coach Maddox will be getting "sir" from other coaches, officials - welcome to the old , wise, grizzled club Coach Maddox LOL … Coach Maddox is a teacher of the game plain and simple … one of the BEST practice, X's & O's, court side mentors you will find … wishing Coach another great season in the land of the BBB ...

… looking forward to seeing the Warriors and our hoops friends from the Land of the Big Bad Blue as the season rolls on …

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

93Dog is down, he's depressed - but not out. All the TVC BASKETBALL scores are on the TVC web site. I will have the upcoming weekly schedule on it today sometime.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

… time to pick yourself up 93dog !!! so many hoops games to broadcast !!! get those TVC schedules up so I can plan my Christmas vacation !!! :mrgreen: … seriously though - time to reboot the Bulldogs ! shake 'em up a little - paint the Purple Hippo at center court at McAFee THAT would get their blood flowing and the hoops adrenaline moving LOL …

… Looking forward to seeing Athens @ Warren on 12/20 !!! get those boys ready ! …

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

… the first installment of the 2014-15 Pfloyd's Elite 8 in Southern/SouthEast Ohio will be Sunday 12/14 … this will have the majority of teams having played at least one game even Athens/Trimble … I am ALWAYS looking for game results throughout the week - remember to "Post 'em if you got 'em" … the scores for each game you see ARE important ! jot down the finals on a napkin along with a few "napkin stats" and your take on the games … we ALWAYS want to here seopsters take on the games they watch - the more info the better … us Cheap Seat guys have reputation to protect LOL … thanks everyone and hoping YOUR favorite team or teams have great seasons as we now race for seeding in Sectional Play ! then on to the Convo in March of 2015 with some teams with legitimate thoughts of getting to the SHOW in C'bus !!! good luck to all … we'll see you in the Cheap Seats !

Last edited by pfloyd on Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

… I'm still missing scores/results for :

Friday night 12/5 -

Portsmouth East vs Rose Hill KY ?
Northwest @ Ripley ?

Saturday 12/6

Portsmouth Clay vs South Point ?

Thanks.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

This weeks schedule is on the home page of the TVC site.

I can't believe Athens is going to play Friday, seven days after playing in a football state championship game.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

93Bulldog wrote:This weeks schedule is on the home page of the TVC site.

I can't believe Athens is going to play Friday, seven days after playing in a football state championship game.
Kids like to play games

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”