Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio- Week #1

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio- Week #1

Post by pfloyd »

... the South Gallia omission has been corrected ... thought I had everyone included BUT no ... it could be worse the Rebels could have been permanently banned from SEO like Morgan - just sayin' ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Geeeeez, thanks pfloyd.

And to think, the hate mail I was receiving from Morgan had darn near came to a complete stop. Way to open old wounds, buddy. lol

Match-up to keep an eye on in the TVC tonight is Southern at Federal Hocking or (Caldwell vs Caldwell) ... Lancers are the defending TVC-Hocking champs and have plenty of returning letterman. Southern of course wants the title - but in order to take it they must go through Stewart first.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93dog, you broadcasting the Athens vs New Lexington game tonight? ... after the Lancers lost to Nelsonville York to open the season - even if they ARE in different divisions of the TVC - tonights game IS a big game for Howie and his Fed Hock boys ... might even go so far as to say it is an almost MUST win - Coach H wants to get some TVC respect again with tonight's contest ... should be a good one!!!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Floyd ... I am doing all Athens games this year.

Tonight's match-up is on 970wath.com
Fed Hock and Southern will be on wxtq.com

BROADCAST LIST OF GAMES FOR 2013/2014 ... http://trivalleyconference.com/Basketball.html

Rebelcat
All Conference

Post by Rebelcat »

pfloyd wrote:... the South Gallia omission has been corrected ... thought I had everyone included BUT no ... it could be worse the Rebels could have been permanently banned from SEO like Morgan - just sayin' ...

I personally could not handle the pressure of having the power to ban a team with one click if the "Delete" button. With great power comes great responsibility. Use that power wisely my friend!!! I enjoy your rankings! Keep up the good work.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

FINAL SCORE:

L. Valley 80
Piketon 52

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Portsmouth 66
Warren 60

SOHSP
Freshman Team

Post by SOHSP »

danicalifornia wrote:Portsmouth 66
Warren 60
Wow! Is this a final?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

theplainsbulldog wrote:
danicalifornia wrote:Portsmouth 66
Warren 60
Wow! Is this a final?
Yep.
I think Warren takes some lumps early on with a lot of new players, especially in this tough stretch of games, but they will be very good by the end of the year. And Portsmouth is very good as well, great road win for the Trojans.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Looks like #1 Athens plays #2 Logan elm Saturday

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Logan 70
Lancaster 54 final

Pfloyd Napkin Stats - Lancaster

Scoring ... Tristan Pierce 24, Conner McCandlish 21, Bacus 4, Walker 2, Whitt 2
3 Pointers ... 6/15 ... Pierce 5, McCandlish 1
FT's ... 8/15
TOs ... 22

Pfloyd Napkin Stats - Logan

Scoring ... Chance 19, Lane Little 13, Gabe Smith 12, Joey Cottrill 10, Nick Kost 10, Kevin Fisher 3
3 pointers ... 1/6 ... Cox 1
FT's ... 13/23
TO's ...26

Extra Napkin Stats - Logan

... made only 2 fg's outside the paint ... committed 6 charging fouls in the game ... 6-8 Kevin Fisher took 2 fg attempts for the game ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Athens - 76
New Lex - 43

Watson - 24 (in 3 quarters)
Burrow - 15 (3Q)
Saltzmen - 13 (3Q)
Ryan Luehrman - 7 (3Q)
Lutz - 4 (3Q)

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Already have the first casualty of the young season as the Elite 8 #1 Warren falls at home to Portsmouth 66-60 ... trojandave and I talked at the ZT classic , I told Dave that I felt PHS & Logan both had a chance to take a "W" from the Warriors this season - looks like the first check mark can be put by this first meeting between PHS & WHS ... Portsmouth just took a leap forward in setting the mind set that the Trojans WILL BE a force in the DIII Southeast District in March- BIG "W" for the Trojans on the road at the Warrior Dome ...

... Chesapeake went on the road to Coal Grove to pick a big OVC win 62-53 ... Vinton Co. beat the Waverly Tigers out of the SOC 52-46 to get their first win of the season ...Lucasville Valley rolls over Piketon at home 80-52 ... will be interested in getting the South Point vs Fairland score from down on the river - another Big OVC battle tonight ...

... great start to the season !!! with MORE great matchups to come in the Week that IS ... who invented this game?! hey !!! Mr. Naismith !!! give yourself a raise - brilliant !!!! ... :mrgreen:

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Question: If the top 8 remain unbeaten until Sunday (besides Warren and loser of Athens/Logan Elm) - who do you kick out to add Portsmouth?

And the new by-law (page 89, section 4.1) states: There will be no ties in the 2013/2014 version of Pfloyd's Elite 8 rankings.

lol

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Lynchburg Clay 33
Greenfield 26

cobbtown
Freshman Team

Post by cobbtown »

Hillsboro over Fairfield 49-37.

Floyd you like napkin stats? Here you go.

45 fouls called on the night, that's right 45 or the equivalent of 9 players sent to the showers.

51 free throws awarded. 34 points totaled from the line.

Imo. This style of officiating ruins the game of basketball. These silly touch fouls have got to stop. It destroys game flow and makes for a long boring game.

It's very simple guys, if contact effects possession make the call, if not LET THEM PLAY.

I didn't pay my money to watch 3 men run around blowing whistles, if I wanted that I'd go to the circus

JIMMY THE GREEK
All Conference

Post by JIMMY THE GREEK »

Hey Pfloyd, I got to see Coach Lisath get his first win as the Northridge Polar Bears head coach with a 57-56 OT victory over Dayton Meadowdale. I talked to coach after the game, he said he is down two starters with injuries, but hanging in there. The schedule is brutal as they travel to Cincinnati Moeller this weekend.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Oak Hill defeated Symmes Valley last night by ten or so.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

VERY PROUD OF THE TROJANS with the HUGE win at Warren........knocking off pfloyd's #1 team in their gym is no small feat, but PHS has done it 3 times in the last 5 meetings there. The Warriors are an excellent basketball team, and last night doesn't change my mind about that. I remember talking to pfloyd at the ZTC and he told me that he thought the Trojans could beat Warren........I had my doubts at the time, especially winning on the road.

A lot of basketball to be played, and the Trojans have a lot of things to get better at, but last night they made a BIG statement to the SE District, and more importantly, to THEMSELVES!!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Thanks to your Trojans trojandave - the pre-game speeches inside the locker rooms at McAfee Gymnasium on Saturday may have been altered.

Skinner/Stiverson: "WE DON'T CARE ABOUT SEEDING, OR WHAT OUR RECORDS ARE - THIS GAME IS ALL ABOUT TAKING OVER THAT #1 SPOT ON PFLOYD'S ELITE 8 RANKING!!! IF YOU WANT IT - YOU BETTER GO OUT THERE AND EARN IT!!!!"

lol

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”