Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Top notch quality win....CHECK!

jottings
SEOPS H

SEOAL varsity and reserve scores

Post by jottings »

Pfloyd..I've got all but the Marietta-WarrenLocal reserve score.Understand Warren Local won.

Varsity
Chillicothe 51 Gallipolis 26
Reserves
Gallipolis 49 Chillicothe 46
Varsity
Logan 89 Athens 53
reserve
Logan 64 Athens 39
Jackson at Ironton ppnd
Varsity
Warren Local 46 Marietta 41
Reserve
Warren Local won, need score

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

jottings... hadn't seen the Warren score ... BIG "W" for the Warriors of Coach Maddox ... anytime you can go into Sutton Gymnasium and come out with the win - it's a good win ... tough place to play and get a "W" ... as far as the JV's go - probably have to wait for the Marietta Times website to put up their online edition ... I just checked it , still has the Friday edition up ...

jottings
SEOPS H

Thanks, pfloyd

Post by jottings »

Thanks, pfloyd

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... the Burg loses to Oak Hill tonight, Waverly gets hung with an "L" by Northwest ... the Elite 8 will see some movement it would appear ... Wheelersburg has a get together with Chillicothe Saturday night as well ... the burg going 0-2 in the same week??? when was the last time THAT happened??????!!!!!

fhsfan
Riding the Bench

Post by fhsfan »

pfloyd,

Fairland started the season with 4 straight road wins. At Rock Hill, At Federal Hocking, and At Greenup all being good quality wins. Now the Dragons get a week to prepare for their first home game against a much improved Coal Grove team.

Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

Piketon beats Zane Trace 60 to 55, in a barn burner!

Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... some great information coming in about the games from last night ... you're starting to get the hang of doing "napkin stats" now LOL ... fun for the whole family !!! the dad handles the score book of course, the wife the shot chart , little Johnny/Sue taking care of the all important TOs for both sides !!!! LOL ...

... I'm heading to C'bus in a few , then making a stop in Canal for the Fairfield Union/Canal game on my way back Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line - should be a dandy imo ... want to see what those undefeated FU boyz are doing right ... BIG challenge vs Mullins & Co. ...

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

well pfloyd what did you think of the fu game? i know they slowed the pace even in the 3rd and 4th but i was actually impressed....they didnt let mullens or the pg beat them it was #11 who killed them with big shots! I thought fu had a good gameplan...cw is unreal though!! they are so athletic and fast...wow!!

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

oh and wait till you hear abotu the LE game..i guess they were down 23 with like 6 minutes left in the 3rd against teays valley(who is TOUGH) and came back and won! that would have been a great game to see

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... falcon01 ... I thought early on FU was "intimidated" by the presence of Mullins ( ie. Frank was hesitant in the paint - go figure that one lol) ... I like the Frank kid - battled the entire night inside ... he beat Mullins off the dribble a number of times, thought he should have taken him more often ... Smith is a good ball player as well - 18 on the evening for FU ... I agree , #11 Romanowski for CW killed the Falcons from behind the arc - 4 treys on the night /Canal hit 8 on the night ... pulling Mullins out front was a good move, but the 8 TOs by FU in the first half and the big boy getting 12 of his 15 in the first two quarters put the Falcons in a hole that they didn't have the offensive weapons to dig out of ... with that said FU won the 2nd half 26-24 ...

... look forward to seeing FU Tuesday at the Katie vs my Purple boyz ... going to be a clash of styles in that one - the world might implode as the Falcons come in sporting a very deliberate ball movement type of half court offense while the Logan boyz look to get out in transition , 80 to 90 shots per game, pressure from tip to final buzzer ... will be interesting to see who is able to set the tempo Tuesday night ...

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

glad you felt the way i did , becuase i wondered if i was just being biased. I will look forward to coming down to the katie on tuesday night as well. I heard from a coach that logan could really get after it. someone tonight also said they hoped that emotionally the boys didnt put so much into this that they let it drag them down.
i totally agree the to's and the stretch of quick shots in the 2nd quarter cost us...canal is awesome though!!

a guy on the hudd...said he felt bj played great d out on the perimeter but i thought the gameplan was great and i also thought frank should have gone by him more. I think the phillips kid could do but he seemed much more hesitant.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... falcon01 ... that Logan Elm final was LE 72 and Teays Valley 67 ... down 23 ? ... Coach Stiverson gets the most out of his team every time out no matter who they playing - outstanding basketball man he is ... I wonder if Bryant Blake was able to play? if not must have been a great show by Mr. Congrove/ Steve Largent & Co. ...

chilltown
JV Team

Post by chilltown »

Cavs should be back at one after the games this week . Totally dismantling the Burg.... and when is the last Time Zville beat us in hoops.... Cmon.... Cavs # 1

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

An update from the "Northwest Territory"

Logan Elm Fighting Braves 72
Teays Valley Vikings 67

Adam and Bryant Blake both played for LE but neither was at 100 percent and it was evident.

Logan Elm had problems with TV's defense in the first half and couldn't get into a good flow. After a "pep" talk from Coach Stiverson at halftime, Logan Elm hangs 51 on Teays Valley in the second half, including a 30-10 fourth period.

Congrove 22, B. Blake 14, Largent 14, A. Blake 9, C. Holbrook 9 for LE.

Brandon Amann had 35 for TV and couldn't miss early. Made seven of his first eight shots.

LE moves to 2-1 and 2-0 in the MSL. The Braves travel to Adena Tuesday and have a big game over in the Falcon next Friday next week. The schedule does not get any easier. TV is 2-2 and 0-2 in the tough MSL, other loss was to Canal. They host Carroll Friday and travel to Gahanna Saturday.

Also, the Circleville Tigers moved to 4-1 on the season with a 65-50 win over Amanda-Clearcreek. No napkin stats available on this one yet.

In the SVC, Westfall hammered Paint Valley 94-46 Friday. Bryant Gibson had 27 to lead the Mustangs.

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

chilltown wrote:Cavs should be back at one after the games this week . Totally dismantling the Burg.... and when is the last Time Zville beat us in hoops.... Cmon.... Cavs # 1

Not likely. Nice job you beat 2 teams you should beat. A down Gallia team and a whellersburg team that is half your size. Last time i checked you still lost to a team that you shouldve beat. IMO Chilly should not move up until Zanesville loses or they beat a team that is thier neiborhood. All the cavs have done is beat teams they should beat (except for the haven). Enjoy # 2.

bman618
Varsity

Post by bman618 »

In the Circleville game, Hartinger had 19 and Clanin 17 points. The Tigers entertain Canal Winchester Friday at the Mill Street Gymnasium. Hopefully pfloyd will bring the purple hippo to rub some luck off on the Tigers.

Bronc21
All Conference

Post by Bronc21 »

Hateraid.......whats your problem with chilli? all ive seen is negative comments from you on chilli. yes they should have beat brookhaven, so what. do you know that brookhavens not a patsy. they are div. 1 and just got beat fri. night by northland by 7 pts. northland is suppose to be the best team in columbus this year, and 1 of the top teams in d-1. maybe chilli should play your patsy schedule. see how far it gets your team in the tourneys!!!

hateraid
Varsity

Post by hateraid »

1st of all who do you think my team is? I can bet u have no idea.
2nd The negative comments have been in response to your fans. Talk a lot of trash and then dissapear after a BAD loss. Your own chilly comrades were the ones that were on here saying Haven was going down they didnt stand a cahnce against the Cav's. And then when u get beat its a ton of excuses. We shouldve won by 15, were better than that team. Gues what woulda shoulda coulda. You lost I never said Haven was a patsy you did(well chilly fans). I think it is halarious when a group of people talk so much junk and it comes back to bite them in the rear.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”