Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #7

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #7

Post by pfloyd »

... peake71 ... you DO have GREAT people who have worked to make the BOTSE better every year it has been held ... Basketball and EATS go together for sure !!! ... thanks again for the hospitality you and ALL of the folks at the BOTSE showed Mrs. Pfloyd and myself ... great tourney, great basketball , great people = Beast of the South East ... thank you ...

bballin
JV Team

Post by bballin »

Looks good Pfloyd .. Keep up the hard work enjoy your input on teams and napkin stats . You don't miss a thing it seems like and share your opinions with everyone . Enjoy reading your posts.. I've noticed Minford has slowly been moving up the chart glad to see that but they have alot of tough games up ahead..

ThePeakeInsider
JV Team

Post by ThePeakeInsider »

Pfloyd,we are glad you and the misses enjoyed the classic,we hope you can attend many more in future years,you will always be welcome.The Panthers are 10-1 now.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

peake hoops - thank you for the kind words ... I'm wondering where I'm missing the "W" for the Panthers ? can you list the wins so I can correct my napkin sheet and the Elite 8 ... thanks

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

PFloyd,

I am just curious as to what was the highest you have ever had Logan ranked since the creation of the Elite 8? To me, their record is very decieving because of the schedule they play. They have one bad loss against Gallia Academy, other than that they have played one strong team after another. I believe they will pick up a win tonight against a decent NY team and show that given the opportunity to play lower Tier teams they would win most of the time.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Ironton at Portsmouth, cant wait for this one! Give em heck Trojans

VIKED_MAN
Varsity

Post by VIKED_MAN »

[quote="93Bulldog"]"Magical trip through the wonderful TVC" ... That's good ... Just what a 'tree-huggin liberal' from the 60's wants to hear ... lol ... We may never hear from or see Floyd again - he'll be lost in the TVC web site for God knows how long.

I like that. I remember the day only late 70's.

Some buddies and I had a summer tradition for a couple of years. Pick up some easy to access brew, go to the banks of the mighty Hocking @ White's Mill, build a nice fire, bait some lines to toss in the spill-way, and the party was on.

We never messed with drugs, but had an abundant supply of the best 3-2 beer ever brewed Blatz (I think it was called Black Label) "Hey Mable, how bout another Black Label?" and Rolling Rock, Also a few bottles of Boone's Farm sweet Apple wine, and some good ole Ripple wine.
There was nothing better, and it did not matter if the fish were bitin' or not.
We called it "Being Mellow"
Those were the days

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

jimmy chipwood wrote:PFloyd,

I am just curious as to what was the highest you have ever had Logan ranked since the creation of the Elite 8? To me, their record is very decieving because of the schedule they play. They have one bad loss against Gallia Academy, other than that they have played one strong team after another. I believe they will pick up a win tonight against a decent NY team and show that given the opportunity to play lower Tier teams they would win most of the time.
I know both Floyd and I had the 'RAT PACK' from logan ranked pretty high back in 2002, 2003.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... jimmy chipwood ... I don't know exactly the "highest" ranking for my Logan boyz ... as 93dog posted we both had them fairly high 2002-03 ... I'm thinking they were in the top 15 or so ... you're absolutely right about their record being deceiving - the Purple usually play a "good" schedule in addition to the home and home with the usual foes/Elite 8 mainstays of Chillicothe/Warren/throw in PHS this season & last/ Marietta a couple games/Newark/Bloom Carroll/Vinton Co/Lancaster/Pick North ... wins/losses are tough to compare vs the smaller schools in Southern Ohio BUT with that said many of the better D2,D3 programs play the big schools in their area ... it will still come down to wins and losses no matter who you play ... even now I look at the Logan team and look at those teams which are above them in my rankings - I KNOW that Logan could beat many of these teams but IF you don't play them, AND you aren't beating the teams which ARE on your schedule - your ranking will be lower ... good observation jimmy chipwood ...

blacknblue
JV Team

Post by blacknblue »

Floyd. A little delay on my random Monday night score.

Larry Co 59
Coal Grove 50

The hornets couldnt get their 10th win of the season without Alex Bare their playmaker and MVP (IMO)

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... bRuIser ... thanks for the score! that would have been one that I would have missed for sure being a Monday night game ... have a few teams that have had to carry on without key players in recent weeks it seems ... Unioto has been missing 2 starter due to injuries (starting PG and their BIG MAN in the post - Murray/Detillion respectively) ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... alright ! time to get ready for the Logan vs Nelsonville York Tripleheader tonight here in Logan ... everyone be safe out there traveling to take in/support their favorite team ... get those scores posted and add a napkin stat or twelve just for good measure !!!

blacknblue
JV Team

Post by blacknblue »

[quote="pfloyd"]... alright ! time to get ready for the Logan vs Nelsonville York Tripleheader tonight here in Logan ... everyone be safe out there traveling to take in/support their favorite team ... get those scores posted and add a napkin stat or twelve just for good measure !!!

Image[/quote

Yea it hurt the Hornets bad. Bare is averaging 18 ppg and 8 Apg. They dont play again until Saturday when they host Symmes Valley so hopefully he can return.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Halftime:

Valley 32

Waverly 12

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

Final Score:

Valley 59

Waverly 42

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Final
Belpre 63
Eastern 45

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Post by Schnellfritz »

Warren beats a pesky Marietta, 44-39.

Warren JV's win 49-29

Schnellfritz
Varsity

Post by Schnellfritz »

Tobias wrote:Final:

Ironton 53
Portsmouth 59
Great win for the SEOAL. Congrats to Portsmouth.

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

Pfloyd bet you would have driven to the Warrior Dome if we had one of those VIP rooms !! Thanks for all you do. Its gotta feel good to be able watch the teams you have this season. Still you are always welcome here. ( You gotta bring Mrs. Pfloyd she brings us luck!)

TribeManiac10
SEOP

Post by TribeManiac10 »

Peebles 60 - Fairfield 51

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”