Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - PreSeason Rankings are Posted !!! 8/6/16

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
Lovebball42
Freshman Team

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - PreSeason

Post by Lovebball42 »

Out of waterfords 10 man rotation only 1 player will be gone and he was the 9th or 10th player off the bench

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

I will put out the Pre-Season rankings this weekend ... Sunday evening would be a good bet on seeing where everyone shakes out heading into 2016-17 ... it will be fun to put down my notes from the Spring (right after the post season play in C'bus) into the predictions for the top 8 ...

DeepSouth
Waterboy

Post by DeepSouth »

Spoiler Alert.....Paint Valley. Ya better study up.

FannyPack
Freshman Team

Post by FannyPack »

DeepSouth wrote:Spoiler Alert.....Paint Valley. Ya better study up.
Study up for what? Bottom half of the SVC? Swingle can't get the ball across half court to himself, so they'll struggle. They did lose a 1000 point scorer.

Swingle is a monster, but needs a lot of help.

2015-2016 Basketball Pick 'Em Champion while picking correctly 81% of the time.
DeepSouth
Waterboy

Post by DeepSouth »

81% lol where u been all spring FunnyPack? Better catch up.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Raider6309 wrote:Kind of sucks he has to miss part of AAU. He just got on OBC this year
Saw Lutz yesterday at the rec, he looks great! Put on some weight, appeared taller and was working on his 3-point game ... He'll be something else this winter, as good as we have ever seen at Athens.

Blackcobra
Freshman Team

Post by Blackcobra »

Man I did see some PV kids play recently didnt look like teams i remembered from the past, may have to bump em up could mean trouble for that league. Portsmouth kids working hard this off season, hope for big things. Some players gonna have to step up. Have to see.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

FU's biggest loss is PG. Green was so solid.. BUT good news for FU, is they are getting a transfer PG, who will be a huge addition for them.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Falcon01 wrote:FU's biggest loss is PG. Green was so solid.. BUT good news for FU, is they are getting a transfer PG, who will be a huge addition for them.
That transfer I believe is from FCA, he was the backup PG as a freshman there last year for a team who made a tourny run. They are getting a great player, knows how to run the court.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Chieftain2009 wrote:
Falcon01 wrote:FU's biggest loss is PG. Green was so solid.. BUT good news for FU, is they are getting a transfer PG, who will be a huge addition for them.
That transfer I believe is from FCA, he was the backup PG as a freshman there last year for a team who made a tourny run. They are getting a great player, knows how to run the court.

you are correct! He's a solid player and is a up and down player which is perfect for FU.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Unioto looked pretty solid against VC and Eastern Brown on Monday night. Missing Casey White due to a broken leg, which actually helped the kids who will be pushing for rotation spots get more of a chance to show their stuff against solid competition.

VC should be fun to watch again this spring. I loved the big guy's effort throughout the evening. He was able to play long stretches with a running clock and never looked gassed while he was on the floor. Had a couple of nice reverse layups as well.

Eastern has a bit to improve on, but Coach Beuchler is one of the best around and those kids will put the work in. Should be fun to see where they end up this winter.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Falcon01 wrote:
Chieftain2009 wrote:

you are correct! He's a solid player and is a up and down player which is perfect for FU.
Will he have to sit or be immediately eligible? I'd love to see him when the Falcons travel to Unioto in late December.

dontreply
Freshman Team

Post by dontreply »

bbn77 wrote:OVC prediction..
1. Fairland
2. Portsmouth
3. Ironton
4. South Point
5. Chesapeake
6. Coal Grove
7. Gallia Academy
8. Rock Hill

Hearing a lot of involving South point and fairland , South point COULD be the team to beat in the OVC
I was thinking they was going to be pretty good already.

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

danicalifornia wrote:
Falcon01 wrote:
Chieftain2009 wrote:

Will he have to sit or be immediately eligible? I'd love to see him when the Falcons travel to Unioto in late December.
I would guess he would have to sit first half of the season. But who knows, maybe there was a way around it.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Chieftain2009 wrote:
danicalifornia wrote:
Falcon01 wrote:

I would guess he would have to sit first half of the season. But who knows, maybe there was a way around it.
There are some ways around it now, so who knows. At least he's only a sophomore if he does have to sit. The Falcons should be in line for another good year!

DeepSouth
Waterboy

Post by DeepSouth »

Shootout at Rio some lackluster displays.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

DeepSouth wrote:Shootout at Rio some lackluster displays.
,pretty sloppy all day

BigPoppa77
Waterboy

Post by BigPoppa77 »

Eastern Brown goes 5-1 today at Marietta with wins over Waterford, Minerva, Tyler, Athens, and Federal Hocking, lost by 4 to Warren in final 4. No superstars, just great coaching and team play on both sides of the ball. Got a ways to go till the season, can only get better.

Blackcobra
Freshman Team

Post by Blackcobra »

More games around this week? someone mentioned summer leagues in places?

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

Good scrimmage last night, with several close quarters. Logan defeated Athens 6-1 in quarters.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”