SEOPS Hippo

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #7

Post by Ironman92 »

yes Jethro...it does

bucks10
Waterboy

Post by bucks10 »

i know that they werent talking about free throws vs south point, it was about their game vs Chili....i was just simply saying that everone has excuses y they didnt win this game or that game but the bottom line is that they didnt win and i dont think they deserve a spot in the elite 8 just yet...i dont think South Point deserves a spot in the elite 8 either unless they beat peebles this week...but South Point does deserve it more than Portsmouth

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

we all have our own opinions, if you will read pfloyds last Elite8, you will acualy see.my last post, I thought we should have to at least get by Ironton on tuesday to move up, and then we have a home game with warren on friday, so if we dont play our best ball in 2 games this week, we could easily be back on the tree after friday :mrgreen:

but, this is pfloyds list,and he sees way more games then I do,and puts way more time into this then I,,,SO it looks good to me 8)

best of luck to all southern ohio teams

bucks10
Waterboy

Post by bucks10 »

well hopefully south point can pull out a W against peebles saturday and get on the elite 8 list on week 8...does anyone know what time the game starts saturday? Its a long drive but i think it will be worth watching so please let me know what time it starts

Chieftan
Riding the Bench

Post by Chieftan »

JV will start at 6pm

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

FIDO wrote:Well boyz and girls.......as most know but others don't care, it's not where you start or where you stand on Pfloyd's week #7 Seops poll, no sir, it's where you finish! The committee has proven he CAN'T be bribed, ridiculed, or made to feel small, to change whom he feels is deserving of being in the Elite 8. If ya don't like it, fire away! The COMMITTEE will read valid and respectful arguments, watch games, read box scores and then make HIS own determination. Like it or leave it or get over it!

Ptown doesn't belong because I've thoroughly enjoyed giving the dowgg a hard time. 8)

if you wll read the other thread, I said the exact same thing,I dont care where we are now, but at the end of regular season,I want to be in the top 8 :mrgreen:

we think a like :mrgreen: :122246 :oops:

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

:mrgreen:

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... a couple of scores to start out the Week that IS ...

Eastern Pike 50
Charleston CC 58

Athens 47
Greenup Co, Ky 37 ... Athens goes to 10-1 on the season ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... does anyone have the results of Wellston's 2 games during the weekend at the National Classic ? ...

beaverlover
SE

Post by beaverlover »

Saturday

Jackson 51
Wellston 50

Today

Future Prep beat the Golden Rockets by about 15.It was something like 53-38.Not exact on the final but something close to that.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

I made the comment about the free throws....Its very hard for me to make an excuse about a Trojan loss, since I didnt play. What would my excuse be? I just mentioned some things that may have been in Floyds mind as he was putting together his list. The only excuse I have is that "The dog ate my homework"

highspeed
Riding the Bench

Post by highspeed »

Jackson 51
Wellston 50

Future Prep, North Carolina 48
Wellston 40

They are starting a freshman and 2 sophomores and playing 2 more freshman and 3 more sohomores off the bench. Very young, but playing with lots of heart and they are really improving.

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

Pfloyd..........not that it really matters that much, I wanted to give you an updated record for Fairfield Union. They are 5 - 6, not 4-5. Like I said, not really a big deal just wanted to give you updated info for your board.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Keep winning and your team will be in the top 8.......pfloyd does a good job on something that is very difficult to do........

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

93Bulldog wrote:Athens No. 7 ... I like it ... If they get a win over Greenup Ky, you might have to look at taking the 'Dogs up even higher Floyd ... Then they got a game in Belpre Friday that may just be their toughest game to date ... The Golden Eagles are a super talented team that has lost some close games - lost a game or two w/o maybe their best player (Reggie Sims) on the floor ... If Athens can win in that gym against that team; they will have taken a huge step forward and should have the inside track on a TVC-Ohio title ... (Still have games with VC, Alex and another versus Belpre - But they are all three at home) ... and Athens still has to face their fast becoming rival Nelsonville-York twice.

Bulldog, If NY keeps this improvment up, I could easily see the TVC-Ohio being a 4-way rivalry. I could also see where the TVC-Ohio champ could have 2-3 conference losses.

HoundsAre4Real
JV Team

Post by HoundsAre4Real »

Manchester beat New Richmond last Sat. by around 20.

thebull
Varsity

Post by thebull »

I have heard legend of this foot-ball. There was once foot-ball in our lands, in the long-long ago...in the Before Time. It is a heretic game played outdoors under a demon moon, is it not?jchitwood you make me feel so old when you talk about football being played in Adams County

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... smeltzy ... thanks for the updated info on FU - we try our best to keep everything up to speed , "ain't" easy - those MSL boyz sneak around and play their games in total darkness I think LOL ... thanks again ...

Space Cowboy
SEO

Post by Space Cowboy »

FIDO wrote:Well boyz and girls.......as most know but others don't care, it's not where you start or where you stand on Pfloyd's week #7 Seops poll, no sir, it's where you finish! The committee has proven he CAN'T be bribed, ridiculed, or made to feel small, to change whom he feels is deserving of being in the Elite 8. If ya don't like it, fire away! The COMMITTEE will read valid and respectful arguments, watch games, read box scores and then make HIS own determination. Like it or leave it or get over it!

Ptown doesn't belong because I've thoroughly enjoyed giving the dowgg a hard time. 8)

Well said! I dont think there is anybody, in the SE Ohio area, that attends as many games as the purple hippo. I dont always agree with his elite 8, but I understand his thoughts on their positions and respect the time Pfloyd spends on his list (not to mention the support he gives every team around).

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Vinton County-54
Alexander-47

FINAL 2-OT

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”