Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio -Wk 7

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
Lightle04
SE

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio -Wk 7

Post by Lightle04 »

Floyd if all goes well are you still planing to come to the "NEST" in Beaver to watch the Eagles play Symmes Valley ?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... lightle04 ... I have a CT scan and a Brain MRI scheduled for Tuesday 1/29 both morning/early afternoon ... my plan is to drive down Rt 23 out of C'bus, pick up the Appalachian Highway outside of Piketon and come over to the game from that direction - that's the plan right now anyway ...

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

If you make that's great but don't push yourself to much old buddy you have to rest sometime . If you make it down swing by the scorers table and say hi to me and coach Fitch. The boys are playing pretty good ball right now . Pickett has been on a real good run in D4 he's a matchup nightmare at 6'3-6'4 and handles like a guard with a beautiful mid range jump shot he can pull off the dribble. And in the post his wing spans makes him about 6'7. And Chad "Bad" Lands continues to run ramped threw southern Ohio . We beat Symmes at Willow Wood by 14 but since they have only lost 1 game to Coal Grove. So the boys better be ready Symmes has beat Notre Dame at Symmes and East at East 2 quality teams.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Floyd ... don't forget Fairland and Chesapeake are in that St. Joe tourney down in Huntington ... I believe they will play on Thursday - and then winners/losers play Saturday.

THURSDAY
HIGH SCHOOL
7 p.m., Boys, Fairland vs. Mount Mission, Va.
9 p.m., Boys, Spring Valley vs. Chesapeake.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... thanks 93dog ... just saw that lineup on the other thread ... scribbled those games down on this weeks menu of games ... I'm heading for McArthur to give VC another "eye test", this time vs my Purple ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

1/22 Tuesday night hoops action :

Portsmouth @ Ironton
Logan @ Vinton County

Jackson @ Meigs
Portsmouth Clay @ Symmes Valley
Portsmouth East vs Portsmouth Notre Dame
Eastern Pike vs New Boston
Green @ Western Pike
Waverly @ Minford
Northwest @ Valley
Oak Hill @ South Webster
Wheelersburg @ Portsmouth West
Manchester @ Fairfield Leesburg
North Adams @ Peebles
Lynchburg Clay @ West Union
Rock Hill @ River Valley
Chesapeake @ South Point
Alexander vs Miller
Reedsville Eastern vs Federal Hocking
Belpre vs Trimble
Waterford vs Wahama
Southern vs South Gallia
Miami Trace vs Washington CH
McClain @ Hillsboro
Circleville @ Hamilton Twp
Logan Elm @ Canal Winchester
Bloom Carroll @ Fairfield Union

sprinter14
Varsity

Post by sprinter14 »

I believe the real #1 team has stepped up as of tonight - Warren's arguement was the Portsmouth score when Ironton only won by 2

Ironton now leads Portsmouth by 34 after 3-1/2 quarters.

My opinion, Ironton IS THE clear cut #1 in SE Ohio. Warren would have 3 or 4 losses playing Ironton's schedule.

This 2012-13 Ironton schedule has to be the toughest schedule in the history of SE Ohio basketball - if anyone knows of a tougher one, please post it!

Had LaFon allowed Carter to play the whole game, he would have beaten Warren's total against Portsmouth.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

sprinter14 wrote:I believe the real #1 team has stepped up as of tonight - Warren's arguement was the Portsmouth score when Ironton only won by 2

Ironton now leads Portsmouth by 34 after 3-1/2 quarters.

My opinion, Ironton IS THE clear cut #1 in SE Ohio. Warren would have 3 or 4 losses playing Ironton's schedule.

This 2012-13 Ironton schedule has to be the toughest schedule in the history of SE Ohio basketball - if anyone knows of a tougher one, please post it!

Had LaFon allowed Carter to play the whole game, he would have beaten Warren's total against Portsmouth.
It's a strong statement but they still narrowly outlasted Portsmouth early on....Warren did not and play them twice as well.

Ironton is the number #1 team....but "clear cut" is not the wording for everyone.

mray23
All Conference

Post by mray23 »

Hillsboro 55
McClain 51

mray23
All Conference

Post by mray23 »

Miami Trace 60
Washington CH 58

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Gallipolis 5-10 on the yezr and 1-5 in SEOAL sction.

Futurebkstar
All State

Post by Futurebkstar »

Symmes Valley wins tonight without 2 key starters by 15 or so. The vikings are 9-5 on the year

Skiisme
All Conference

Post by Skiisme »

PFloyd,
Just wondering why my Vikes fell from 5th to the tree hugger list after losing to Athens, at Athens? I have seen alot of teams play this year and I feel the Vikes are definitely in the top 8 in the area. I am hoping for a great showing for the TVC at the Convo this year!!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Logan Elm lost to Canal tonight
Oak Hill lost to South Webster.
Court House lost to Miami Trace.

... just be patient skidaddy - the Vikes will move back up I think.

Lightle04
SE

Post by Lightle04 »

Eastern 83 New Boston 39
The Eagles played without returning" Player of the year" Chad Lands who was sick but put 4 in double figgures . This makes 10 straight and puts the Eagles at 12-2 . They are playing outstanding deffense during this run the recommitment to "D" has turned the season around after a 2-2 start.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Vinton County 66
Logan 45 final

... talk about being over early!!! 4 VC threes/8 attempts (LB Remy 3/3 from downtown) in the first quarter had the Vikings running off and hiding from the visiting Chieftains ... Vinton County 21 Logan 10 after 1 ... Jordan Kidd continued the torrid VC outside shooting hitting 3 treys/11 pts in the quarter ... Vikings were 4/7 from downtown in the quarter ... 8/15 for the half ... Vinton County 39 Logan 25 at the half ... Quarter number 3 was the Jordan Kidd show as the senior 2 guard hit for 13 points in the quarter, at one point in the third J Kidd had 31 points on the game and was leading Logan 31-30 on his own ball ... after 3 quarters VC was 11/20 from behind the arc ... Logan surrendered early in the 3rd subbing in JV's to play out the game (1 1/2 quarters) ... Vinton County 63 Logan 36 after 3 ... LHS JVs 9 vs VC JVs 3 in the 4th ... Vinton County 66 Logan 45 final ...

... Vinton County came out on a mission - prove the perimeter shooting that we witnessed at Athens last week was a figment of our imagination ... based on tonights perimeter napkin stats it was just that "UN-Viking like" as VC had 4 different players knockdown the three - LB Remy (4), Jordan Kidd (5), Alex Owings (1), Matt Smallwood (2) ... the perimeter shooting of the Vikings had Logan playing catchup from the opening tip - putting my Chiefs away early ...

... Pfloyd Napkin Stats - Logan ...

Scoring : Tristan Myers 10, Bird McNeal 9, Gaven Jourdan 5, Kost 5, Smith 4,Vermillion 4, Mutzner/Cottrill/Cox 2 each

3 Pointers: 5/13 ... McNeal 3,Myers 1, Kost 1

FT's : 7/12

TOs : 24

... the Purple never got the ball into the paint ... settled for a perimeter shooting contest with the Vikings ... Logan travels to Gallia Friday night looking to improve on their second place 4-2 record ...

... Pfloyd's Napkin Stats - Vinton County ...

Scoring : Jordan Kidd 31, LB Remy 12, Matt Smallwood 8, Alex Owings 6, Bryce Owings 6, Tyler Walton 2, Jordan Albright 1

3 Pointers : 12/22 ... Kidd 5, Remy 4, Smallwood 2, A. Owings 1

FT's : 4/6

TO's : 18 ... 8 TOs in the 4th by the JV's ...

... Coach Combs' got just what the doctor ordered tonight as he got the Vikings untracked from downtown, 4 players hitting from the perimeter ... a good win for VC to get the taste of the Athens loss out of their mouths and ready to move on with the second half of the TVC season ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Everyone keeps saying Warren had an 'off night' shooting the three versus Athens ... they just don't realize how well Athens defends the three ... something is not 'uncommon' when it keeps happening over and over again ... (i.e.) what you seen from Vinton County tonight - you didn't see versus Athens ... Chesapeake, Fairland, Warren, Vinton County, Nelsonville-York - and almost everyone on their schedule - has struggled shooting from the perimeter when playing the Bulldogs.

The only team that didn't was River ... but I don't care who the Pilots were playing that night, they were just on FIRE! lol

OH YEA, BTW ... THANKS FOR THE RUNDOWN FLOYD ... AND CONGRATS TO THE VIKES.

ANY WIN OVER LOGAN IS A GREAT WIN!!!!

:mrgreen:
Last edited by 93Bulldog on Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... I agree 93dog ... THE big difference between VC perimeter shooting tonight vs Friday night against Athens - in A'town ALL perimeter shots were contested while tonight VC was killing Logan's "lack of" perimeter D ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Not to rub salt into the wound - but ATHENS GIRLS defeated LOGAN tonight as well ... lol ... 51-32

- thought I would just throw that out their, sorry.

(hard to find score from Tuesday)
Fairview Ky. - 59
Ironton St. Joe - 38

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

93Bulldog wrote:Everyone keeps saying Warren had an 'off night' shooting the three versus Athens ... they just don't realize how well Athens defends the three ... something is not 'uncommon' when it keeps happening over and over again ... (i.e.) what you seen from Vinton County tonight - you didn't see versus Athens ... Chesapeake, Fairland, Warren, Vinton County, Nelsonville-York - and almost everyone on their schedule - has struggled shooting from the perimeter when playing the Bulldogs.

The only team that didn't was River ... but I don't care who the Pilots were playing that night, they were just on FIRE! lol

OH YEA, BTW ... THANKS FOR THE RUNDOWN FLOYD ... AND CONGRATS TO THE VIKES.

ANY WIN OVER LOGAN IS A GREAT WIN!!!!

I agree that the better teams play the better defenses and Athens likely contested most every 3 point shot of Warren.....but 1/17 has to be a combination of off shooting and good defense. They'd be better than 1/17 jacking up half court shots.

:mrgreen:

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”