Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #6

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
Smeltzy
Varsity

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #6

Post by Smeltzy »

pfloyd wrote:... the scheduled Menu of games for Tuesday 1/12 ... (please add to the listing) :

Athens @ Nelsonville York
Alexander @ Jackson
Vinton County @ Meigs
River Valley @ Wellston
Trimble @ South Gallia
Federal Hocking @ Miller
Waterford @ Wahama
Eastern Reedsville @ Southern

Clinton Massie @ McClain
Chillicothe @ Hillsboro
Fairfield Leesburg @ Fayetteville
Tri Valley @ Sheridan
Maysville @ Crooksville
Marietta @ Claymont
Teams Valley @ Circleville
Waverly @ Lucasville Valley
Western Pike @ Eastern Pike
Georgetown @ Eastern Brown
Gallia Academy @ Fairland
Minford @ Oak Hill
Portsmouth Notre Dame @ Symmes Valley
Caldwell @ Warren
Washington CH @ Wilmington
East Clinton @ Miami Trace
Liberty Union @ Logan Elm
Coal Grove @ Chesapeake
Portsmouth @ Rock Hill
Wheelersburg @ Northwest
Green @ Portsmouth East
Portsmouth West @ South Webster
New Boston @ Portsmouth Clay
South Point @ Ironton
Fairfield Union at Bloom Carroll

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Mailman wrote:Portsmouth Notre Dame is actually 9-2. And IMO Portsmouth East should be above them. Since they beat them.
asb wrote:
Mailman wrote:Portsmouth Notre Dame is actually 9-2. And IMO Portsmouth East should be above them. Since they beat them.
Sciotoville also beat Eastern by 20 and theyre below them. I guess head to heads dont matter. Although east has had a couple slip ups due to a starter quitting,they had to adjust to his absence but now I believe theyre back on track
... hmmmmmm Portsmouth East BEAT Portsmouth ND the FIRST game of the season ... sooooo I should ignore what the teams have done since opening night ? ... not the way it works imo ...

... What is the 2nd loss for Notre Dame? I have the loss to Portsmouth East ... the OHSAA website has ONLY the 1 loss as well ... head to heads DO matter but so does the rest of the season ... Portsmouth East beat Eastern Pike then went on to LOSE 2 of their next 4 games while Eastern Pike went 4-0 with a "W" over top 8 Peebles AT Peebles ...

... LOTS more than head to head go into the rankings ...

... I feel good about where I have all of the teams at this the MidPoint of the campaign ...

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

You coming to Meigs tonight Pfloyd?

People Have The Right To Their Opinion, And You Have The Right To Ignore It.
TripleDouble
JV Team

Post by TripleDouble »

asb wrote:
Sciotoville also beat Eastern by 20 and theyre below them. I guess head to heads dont matter. Although east has had a couple slip ups due to a starter quitting,they had to adjust to his absence but now I believe theyre back on track
Who was the starter that quit? Unusual to see that on a team as good and promising as East is.

whsball
Freshman Team

Post by whsball »

WCH @ Wilmington postponed until Feb 11th

js7_22
Varsity

Post by js7_22 »

Notre Dame lost to Greenup County early in the season.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

Halfway through the season....Who is the favorite for the PFloyd's SEOP player of the year? How about a top 8 or so?

Griffin Lutz
Bryan Rolfe
Kyre Allison
Brad Meadows
Ridge Young
Jonathon Thomas
Trey Kelly
Corey Wyman

I know I am missing some names, but this is a start for discussion sake.

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

TripleDouble wrote:
asb wrote:
Who was the starter that quit? Unusual to see that on a team as good and promising as East is.
Eaton kid( 6-4) junior. .had 18 vs EASTERN, also hearing that the Martin kid quit(another jr) plays good Defense.

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

pfloyd wrote:
asb wrote:
... hmmmmmm Portsmouth East BEAT Portsmouth ND the FIRST game of the season ... sooooo I should ignore what the teams have done since opening night ? ... not the way it works imo ...

... What is the 2nd loss for Notre Dame? I have the loss to Portsmouth East ... the OHSAA website has ONLY the 1 loss as well ... head to heads DO matter but so does the rest of the season ... Portsmouth East beat Eastern Pike then went on to LOSE 2 of their next 4 games while Eastern Pike went 4-0 with a "W" over top 8 Peebles AT Peebles ...

... LOTS more than head to head go into the rankings ...

... I feel good about where I have all of the teams at this the MidPoint of the campaign ...

No complaint about ranking. Just an observation. ND is much better now than 3 weeks ago. ND lost to Greenup Co (KY) early in the year.

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

Crab's Brother wrote:Halfway through the season....Who is the favorite for the PFloyd's SEOP player of the year? How about a top 8 or so?

Griffin Lutz
Bryan Rolfe
Kyre Allison
Brad Meadows
Ridge Young
Jonathon Thomas
Trey Kelly
Corey Wyman

Guthrie from Trimble

Go Cats, Go Buckeyes
asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

Crab's Brother wrote:Halfway through the season....Who is the favorite for the PFloyd's SEOP player of the year? How about a top 8 or so?

Griffin Lutz
Bryan Rolfe
Kyre Allison
Brad Meadows
Ridge Young
Jonathon Thomas
Trey Kelly
Corey Wyman
Brown from East

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

(Pfloyd) have you looked to see if your stationary hippo gif is somewhere now? I have had others tell me the same things about the gif/signatures - they are not loading very fast on some phones. Small, plain photos are not bad - but large complicated ones are.

(anyone) using a large photo as a signature - perhaps look into using a smaller one or none. Preps is an informational place, but if people are not able to load the info onto their phones, what good is it.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

asb wrote:
TripleDouble wrote:
asb wrote: Sciotoville also beat Eastern by 20 and theyre below them. I guess head to heads dont matter. Although east has had a couple slip ups due to a starter quitting,they had to adjust to his absence but now I believe theyre back on track
Eaton kid( 6-4) junior. .had 18 vs EASTERN, also hearing that the Martin kid quit(another jr) plays good Defense.
that's a shame I was impressed with the Eaton kid at the eastern game he just a junior maybe he will work things out next year and be back.

GO EAGLES
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote:(Pfloyd) have you looked to see if your stationary hippo gif is somewhere now? I have had others tell me the same things about the gif/signatures - they are not loading very fast on some phones. Small, plain photos are not bad - but large complicated ones are.

(anyone) using a large photo as a signature - perhaps look into using a smaller one or none. Preps is an informational place, but if people are not able to load the info onto their phones, what good is it.

... you're saying I should get rid of the dancing Purple Hippo ? put that on a "poll" ;-p

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

hahaha I liked the old one better anyways.

But seriously, I have a Galaxy 4 and it struggles to scroll through your Elite 8 thread with any kind of speed. I like to click on your thread to obtain scores sometimes during broadcasts - but I finally gave up after awhile. I can't read your topic until I get on a computer. Others who use large gifs that appear on threads always slow it down too.

Bird Dog
All Conference

Post by Bird Dog »

Hate to say but I'm with 93Bulldog. Over the past couple weeks this sight seems to be bogged down and even locks up. Wish you would just do away with that option

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

bulldog you need a cheap phone ,lol , I have a flip phoned thats 15 years old it works pretty good :mrgreen:

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote:hahaha I liked the old one better anyways.

But seriously, I have a Galaxy 4 and it struggles to scroll through your Elite 8 thread with any kind of speed. I like to click on your thread to obtain scores sometimes during broadcasts - but I finally gave up after awhile. I can't read your topic until I get on a computer. Others who use large gifs that appear on threads always slow it down too.
... Jan. 12, 2016 marks the end of the "Dancing Purple Hippo" ... some day even 93dog will update to a "real" phone :lol:

... the last posting

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

LOL ... I'd keep the dancing hippo on the first post of the Elite 8 at least ... You don't have to kill him completely.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Griffin Lutz
Bryan Rolfe
Kyre Allison
Brad Meadows
Ridge Young
Jonathon Thomas
Trey Kelly
Corey Wyman

gauge Rhoades

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”