Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #10

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
asb
Freshman Team

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #10

Post by asb »

Hoop Wizard wrote:Fairland had a Wed night game at Huntington St Joe and lost by around 20-check the Herald Dispatch.
So Huntington St.Joe ain't that bad after all. To beat Fairland by 20

vikings12345
Waterboy

Post by vikings12345 »

Symmes Valley is 7-12.

Smeltzy
Varsity

Post by Smeltzy »

Hey pfloyd.......with your PULL at Logan, do you think you could get them to either turn off their cell blocker or get some coverage inside that dang gym?

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

asb wrote:Yea by 17 and 24 points and East is like 29th...that's laughable for real but it's just an opinion. Peebles is ranked higher that Eastern and they lost to Eastern at home. I use to look forward to this topic, oh my
Feel free to keep track of 71 teams records and put out your own list and don't click on Floyd's thread. It gets 100's of responses and thousands of views a week. Won't miss yours a bit.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I agree Crab, we can all argue about our team being too low but come on, it's ONE MAN's opinion and if you don't like it take the time to travel to see as many teams as you can, compile information on ALL these teams and do your own rankings.

Coach Tomlison
Waterboy

Post by Coach Tomlison »

A huge THANKS for all you do Pfloyd! I am a big hoops fan but having 4 kids playing ball plus running an offseason weight program I have no chance catching some of the great matchups I would like to see. Thanks to your passion for the game when I finally do make the time to sit at the Convo with my kids I actually have a good feel for the teams playing and recognize the names of the top players which has made the experience that much more enjoyable. You are the reason most come to this site they might post on other games but they are here to check out your napkin stats, rankings and insight on the games you have attended. Much appreciated and thanks once again for sharing your passion for the game with us.

Hoop Wizard
Waterboy

Post by Hoop Wizard »

asb wrote:
Hoop Wizard wrote:Fairland had a Wed night game at Huntington St Joe and lost by around 20-check the Herald Dispatch.
So Huntington St.Joe ain't that bad after all. To beat Fairland by 20
Winning at HSJ cracker box gym is tough for any team! But yes- HSJ is a quality team that can compete. Nice team with athletes and a big to clog middle.

1987chieftains
SEOPS H

Post by 1987chieftains »

Smeltzy wrote:Hey pfloyd.......with your PULL at Logan, do you think you could get them to either turn off their cell blocker or get some coverage inside that dang gym?
that does suck..... i've got AT&T so i have no cell service. my phone tells me i have wifi. but i cant get on anything.

AT THE RESERVATION
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

asb wrote:What reason is Porstmouth ND at #20

1. Unioto (20-0)

2. Lucasville Valley (17-2)

3. Fairland (15-4)

4. Washington CH (15-4)

5. Fairfield Union (16-4)

6. Logan (12-9)

7. Vinton County (15-4)

8. Logan Elm (14-5) / Warren (16-4)

Portsmouth (11-7)
Chesapeake (15-5)
Chillicothe (10-10)
Lynchburg Clay (17-2)
Miami Trace (12-7)
Trimble (16-3)
Wheelersburg (14-3)
Meigs (16-3)
Alexander (16-5)
Peebles (15-5)
Westfall (12-7)

Here are 20 reason imo ... where do you propose ND fits into this group ? ... I have seen 18 of these 20 teams play, some multiple times - I feel good about these rankings based on records/strength of schedule/ timing of wins & loses etc. ...

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

pfloyd wrote:

1. Unioto (20-0)

3. Fairland (15-4)

4. Washington CH (15-4)

6. Logan (12-9)

7. Vinton County (15-4)

Portsmouth (11-7)
Chesapeake (15-5)
Chillicothe (10-10)
Lynchburg Clay (17-2)
Miami Trace (12-7)
Trimble (16-3)
Wheelersburg (14-3)
Meigs (16-3)
Alexander (16-5)
Peebles (15-5)
Westfall (12-7)

Here are 20 reason imo ... where do you propose ND fits into this group ? ... I have seen 18 of these 20 teams play, some multiple times - I feel good about these rankings based on records/strength of schedule/ timing of wins & loses etc. ...

I think ASB is saying they are ranked too high that there are better teams below them

GO EAGLES
Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

I think "asb" wants to know why they are so much higher than East when East has blown them out twice

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Mailman wrote:I think "asb" wants to know why they are so much higher than East when East has blown them out twice
... one of the reasons why - is that I DO NOT have the 2nd matchup with Portsmouth East on the Big Board ! apparently one of the scores that did not make it to my napkin stat sheets for game results ... I don't have the score on either ND's results or East's results ... THAT would drop the Titans DOWN the list BELOW the Tartans ... it will be corrected in this weeks rankings ... sure wish each of the leagues would have "a person" who would post results of ALL of the games in their representative leagues LOL ... I just looked at the OHSAA schedules - it had THE missing game between ND & East ... ND would have lost 2 games in a row in the middle of January one to Portsmouth East and Eastern Pike ... my apologizes to the East fans & TEAM !

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

not taking anything away from ND they are a good team #3 seed in the northwest sectional right behind east and eastern pike

GO EAGLES
Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

brown22 wrote:not taking anything away from ND they are a good team #3 seed in the northwest sectional right behind east and eastern pike
Agreed! 4 losses, 2 to East the #1 seed and 1 to Eastern the #2 seed. And the other was to a MUCH bigger Greenup Co. That Northwest Sectional is a beast!

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

pfloyd wrote:

1. Unioto (20-0)

3. Fairland (15-4)

4. Washington CH (15-4)

6. Logan (12-9)

7. Vinton County (15-4)

Portsmouth (11-7)
Chesapeake (15-5)
Chillicothe (10-10)
Lynchburg Clay (17-2)
Miami Trace (12-7)
Trimble (16-3)
Wheelersburg (14-3)
Meigs (16-3)
Alexander (16-5)
Peebles (15-5)
Westfall (12-7)

I understand all those teams being ranked ahead of them...I just felt like ND shouldn't be ranked as high as they were...especially above a team that has beaten them twice

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

smurray wrote:I agree Crab, we can all argue about our team being too low but come on, it's ONE MAN's opinion and if you don't like it take the time to travel to see as many teams as you can, compile information on ALL these teams and do your own rankings.
And I'm just giving my opinion like everyone else...I appreciate him taking time out to cover the areas teams..I just was questioning a few spots I saw. You can relax now it's ok...

asb
Freshman Team

Post by asb »

My apologies Pfloyd. ...you do the best you can brother. Keep up the good work.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

My guess is pfloyd knows every time he posts his rankings that someone or multiple people won't like them. There's no such thing as a perfect poll or perfect opinion. But we all click to look at them every week, so he's doing something right.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

More discussion is better for everyone!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

danicalifornia wrote:More discussion is better for everyone!
Agreed!

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”