Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Final Edition

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Final Edition

Post by pfloyd »

...Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Final Edition...

1. Unioto (21-1)

2. Fairland (18-4)

3. Fairfield Union (18-4)

4. Lucasville Valley (17-3)

5. Vinton County (17-4)

6. Logan Elm (17-5)

7. Washington CH (16-6)

8. Chillicothe (12-10)/ Portsmouth (14-7)

... Treehugger Wannabes ...

Minford (17-4)
Warren (17-5)
Logan (12-10)
Lynchburg Clay (19-2)
Chesapeake (16-6)
Trimble (18-3)
15 Miami Trace (14-8)

Alexander (17-5)
Zane Trace (15-7)
Peebles (16-6)
Wheelersburg (14-5)
20 Meigs (17-4)

Portsmouth East (17-4)
Westfall (13-8)
Waterford (17-4)
Adena (14-7)
25 North Adams (15-7)

Eastern Brown (15-7)
Portsmouth Notre Dame (17-5)
Sheridan (13-8)
Marietta (9-13)
30 Eastern Pike (15-7)

Portsmouth Clay (16-5)
Ironton (11-10)
Western Pike (10-12)
South Gallia (17-5)
35 Athens (11-9)

South Webster (10-12)
Circleville (10-10)
Oak HIll (12-10)
Waverly (12-10)
40 Wellston (11-9)

Fairfield Leesburg (10-12)
Belpre (11-11)
South Point (7-14)
Hillsboro (7-15)
45 Piketon (5-16)

Southeastern (7-15)
Paint Valley (5-17)
Wahama (7-12)
Greenfield McClain (4-17)
50 Miller (9-12)

Symmes Valley (6-13)
Jackson (4-17)
Gallia Academy (7-15)
Nelsonville York (6-16)
55 Southern (5-16)

Reedsville Eastern (6-14)
Portsmouth West (5-15)
Manchester (7-14)
Whiteoak (5-17)
60 Coal Grove (6-14)

River Valley (5-15)
Crooksville (5-15)

... Teams on the End Table ...

West Union (3-18)
Federal Hocking (3-17)
65 St. Joseph (4-13)

Northwest (1-19)
New Boston (2-17)
Green (3-16)
Huntington (2-19)
New Lexington (2-18)
Rock Hill (0-20)

Last edited by pfloyd on Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:52 pm, edited 9 times in total.

SHACFan
Freshman Team

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio - Final Edition

Post by SHACFan »

"The Road to the Convo" edition as I remember it. I am interested to see how the SHAC does, a lot of interesting match-ups.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

NOW the fun begins!!! Who makes it to basketball thirty!?

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Looking forward to a nice run from the Trojans and just maybe some upset specials along the way

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Minford beat Valley in both match ups and Valley is ranked higher? Seriously.....

4out1in
Waterboy

Post by 4out1in »

Great job Pfloyd. I really enjoy this thread throughout the season. Also, congratulations on your recent great news. I'm a longtime lurker on this forum from way north of the Lancaster-Dixon line :). I like to keep in touch with hoops all over the state and this forum and thread really help.

Blackcobra
Freshman Team

Post by Blackcobra »

Great to see the Cavs get a mention again, should be dominant in their league next season.

bobcat2015
Riding the Bench

Post by bobcat2015 »

Nice job PFloyd...here's a link to the highland county press. Some SHAC teams had makeup games and I think you missed a few. Again, though, job well done!

http://highlandcountypress.com/main.asp ... M=43098.06

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

bobcat2015 wrote:Nice job PFloyd...here's a link to the highland county press. Some SHAC teams had makeup games and I think you missed a few. Again, though, job well done!

http://highlandcountypress.com/main.asp ... M=43098.06

... thanks bobcat2015 ... I'll look it over and make changes in the records ... the last couple of weeks have been crazy trying to get results or even just knowing who is playing whom LOL ... some games were cancelled /postponed/rescheduled to during or after the sectional play ... crazy times ... I've done the best I can with the help of the one committee member I have - me - (this dude is a slacker !)
Bleeding Red wrote:Minford beat Valley in both match ups and Valley is ranked higher? Seriously.....
- yes, seriously ... I suppose I should have jumped Minford from #21 last week to the #3 spot ... I will present your displeasure to the committee - thank you for your input ...
Blackcobra wrote:Great to see the Cavs get a mention again, should be dominant in their league next season.
... Chillicothe has been on the radar ALL season - I think I had them in the top 8 in my preseason rankings (I'll have to go back and look at that one !) ... talk about a big time schedule ! Chillicothe played an awesome schedule and performed well vs everyone they played including the Wilmington juggernaut - when the Cavs played them to a 15 point LOSS they moved up in the mind of the committee ! ... welcome back to the Elite 8 !!!

minford17
Varsity

Post by minford17 »

If Minford had beaten Oak Hill I could have seen Minford ranked higher than Valley. Hopefully, the Oak Hill loss is what will motivate Minford.to go deep in the tournament. They have played 2 great games since then by beating Valley and Warren. So far, so good.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Minford hit it out of the park with 2 BIG "Ws" to end the regular season - vs Lucasville Valley (58-55) and then dismantling Warren at home in the finale' (77-54) ... minford17 , you are absolutely right the Falcons tripped themselves up with the 55-63 loss to Oak Hill (Oak Hill entered that game vs Minford having LOST 8 of their last 11 games - the Falcons took a hit losing to the Oaks with that one) ...

FannyPack
Freshman Team

Post by FannyPack »

Looks good, but to have Northwest that far above Huntington is a farce! You should really take a long look at yourself in the mirror next time.

Obviously kidding, great job! Enjoy your time of less driving in the next few weeks.

2015-2016 Basketball Pick 'Em Champion while picking correctly 81% of the time.
Rodeo1
Varsity

Post by Rodeo1 »

Good list Pfloyd. I appreciate all your hard work. For years ,since the old A,AA,andAAA I have enjoyed this great time of the year. One and done. You have made it easier to keep track of future opponents. Safe travels to all.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

great list as always Pfloyd glad to be getting the one and done season underway I do have a question my eastern pike eagles are 2-0 vs the shac and the 2 teams above them here are peebles and north Adams we have beat both all 3 teams to have bout the same record but the soc1 is a little tougher conference than the shac this year. like always you do a great job just pointing out something u may have missed

GO EAGLES
Whs95fan
S

Post by Whs95fan »

Pfloyd I'm amazed you don't have my Warriors in the top 3, first time they haven't been there in 4 years if I recall correctly haha! It was nice meeting you finally at the Logan game this past Friday, always enjoy reading your post and the insight you offer.

Go Blue!

Go Blue
bobcat2015
Riding the Bench

Post by bobcat2015 »

brown22 wrote:great list as always Pfloyd glad to be getting the one and done season underway I do have a question my eastern pike eagles are 2-0 vs the shac and the 2 teams above them here are peebles and north Adams we have beat both all 3 teams to have bout the same record but the soc1 is a little tougher conference than the shac this year. like always you do a great job just pointing out something u may have missed
I agree he SHAC is down but we all know you can't use that logic all the time when dealing with high school kids. I agree Eastern Pike is probably better, but on any given night you never know!

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

brown22 wrote:great list as always Pfloyd glad to be getting the one and done season underway I do have a question my eastern pike eagles are 2-0 vs the shac and the 2 teams above them here are peebles and north Adams we have beat both all 3 teams to have bout the same record but the soc1 is a little tougher conference than the shac this year. like always you do a great job just pointing out something u may have missed
Every day I wish nothing more than for someone to teach brown22 punctuation so that his posts will begin making sense.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

bbjunky81 wrote:
Every day I wish nothing more than for someone to teach brown22 punctuation so that his posts will begin making sense.
don't read them bbjunky81 not here to please u. I'm on my phone on some of my post and don't care to use punctuation just typing quick just don't read my post. your coment has nothing to do with basketball so why ruin Pfloyds post by making remarks that don't concern SEO basketball that is rude on your part to Floyd and the loyal followers of this thread.

GO EAGLES
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

I can't wait for the season New Boston makes it off the end table!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote:I can't wait for the season New Boston makes it off the end table!

... Coach Jenkins for the Tigers WILL get it done sooner than later 93dog ! - write it down 2016-17 the Tigers live in the Land of the TreeHugger Wannabes !

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”