Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #7

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #7

Post by 93Bulldog »

SCHLICHTER wrote:What's the deal with Hillsboro? I saw they lost their first two games to Western Brown (10-2?) and Logan Elm (8-3), and then have won 9 of 10. Seems like they aren't being given much of a chance at the sectional. Am I missing something?
I don't know much about that sectional - but having teams like CHILLICOTHE, FAIRLAND, UNIOTO, WAVERLY & CIRCLEVILLE looks to be pretty stout ... The only good news is you get 4 teams advancing to the Convo.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Hillsboro has a great chance to advance. Going to have a tough game to get out, but they are a good team. Not a lot of talk from the general area(welcome, by the way) and I think that's why it seems like they are being slighted.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Strength of schedules, what Teams in Southeastern Ohio has played a tougher schedule than Ironton so far this year? Ironton has a return match with Greenup County, KY this Friday.

Ironton (10-3)

Ironton..53 - Lucasville (11-2)..........50
Ironton..66 - Portsmouth (12-2)........52
Ironton..44 - Waverly (10-3).............42
Ironton..62 - Huntington,WV (3-5).....54
Ironton..64 - ST Clairsville (9-2)........51
Ironton..53 - Brookhaven (8-4)..........48
Ironton..62 - Brook Point, VA (11-5)...58

Chesapeake (10-1)...69 - Ironton..........66
Ironton..63 - Gallia Academy (3-9)......35
Ironton..69 - Ashland, KY (11-8).........68

Greenup CO (10-10)...62 - Ironton.........57
Ironton..62 - Spring Valley (3-7).........42
Portsmouth (12-2)......59 - Ironton........53

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Portsmouth remaining games is...

friday the 20th at JACKSON
01/27/2012 7:30 PM vs. WARREN
02/03/2012 7:30 PM vs. CHILLICOTHE
02/07/2012 8:00 PM vs. PEEBLES
02/10/2012 7:30 PM vs. LOGAN
02/17/2012 7:30 PM @ GALLIA ACADEMY

if they can keep playing as they have in the last few games,they have a chance to compete for the league title.....hope to see you on the 10th Floyd......bring 93bulldog with you..maybe we can set up a meeting with prince trojan?

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

bman ... I absolutely agree that ANY TEAM would have a hard time hanging with Bloom Carroll - especially AT BC ... I was just trying to set up the fact that LE played to within 12 points - CHS beats LE => let's see how the Coach Evans' boyz do vs one of the better teams outside of C'bus ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... biggdowgg ... those Trojans ARE putting it all together right now for sure ... my question concerning how PHS would be able to replace Bendolph in the backcourt has been answered - yes ... I personally think the game at Logan vs my Purple last week was a wakeup call for Coach Collins' boyz, got them refocused imo ... PHS handled the quicks of Zac Carter for I'town/handled Fletcher in the paint for the big "W" Tuesday night ... not many teams can handle that Tiger duo - TEAM Trojan did ... the Portsmouth faithful have got to like those 4 home games in a row vs Warren/Chillicothe/Peebles/Logan ... tough games BUT all 4 in the friendly confines in P'town ...

... I hope I am able to make the trip to Portsmouth on the 10th biggdogg ... I have my consult with the thoracic surgeon this Monday at The James in Columbus, they will set my surgery date ... the PA at the surgeon's office said the surgery could be within a week or as far down the road as a couple of weeks ... very anxious to find out what "scenario" I will be pursuing ... with all of the positive support I have had the results just HAVE TO BE good ... I feel good about everything ... I'm sticking to the game plan with the goal to be ahead of this "opponent" at the end of the game ...

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

the biggest thing that Impressed me about our win with the Fighting Tigers,is we played the 4th qtr WITHOUT Dion Mckinley,,he went out in the 3rd weith 4 fouls,then fouled out very very early in 4th, our bench has stepped up big time in the last few games.....

we are all hopeing for the best for you....you looked great the other night,,,keep up the faith.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... McKinley on the bench/fouling out ...makes that PHS win even more impressive ... the Trojans put a nice TEAM on the floor - good luck down the stretch ...

biggdowgg ... my oncologist tells me that I'm the healthiest sick person she knows ... says I look to healthy to be in the position I am - but it is what it is ... game on ... definitely keeping the faith my friend - winning is the only option ... it's all I know how to do - win ...

earp
S

Post by earp »

:mrgreen: Fairland over Spring Valley WV 63-61 on a buzzer beater by Evan Maddox.Will take on Chesapeake for the St Jow Invitational title saturday night at 9! :mrgreen:

warriorfrosh
JV Team

Post by warriorfrosh »

Warren at Gallia cancelled for tonight, no make up date yet.....Ft Frye comes to the Warriordome Saturday night....

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

And that just shows that our district is entirely too big. Didn't snow at all in Chillicothe and games in the "area" are cancelled because of snow.

jimmy chipwood
All Conference

Post by jimmy chipwood »

Do you think the main reason that District's cancell games (with questionable weather or weather forecast) is because of fan/player safety or more because they believe they will lose revenue from people not attending? Makes you wonder sometimes. The games are cancelled much like they were last weekend (I believe) because of the forecast for snow/ice/etc. I would almost bet that there will be no basketball anywhere tonight and all cancelled without a drop of anything on the ground.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Wonder when they'll have a makeup date? Kinda a good thing for me. Went to Huntington this morning and got X-rays on my back.

According to the results, I have arthritis. Gotta take some medicine and cut back on my exercises until it hopefully improves. Haven't missed a game at home or away since I had my hips replaced in 2004

How may other SEOAL games were postponed tonight? Gallia wasn't expecting any snow or ice until later this afternoon.

Blue Devils wrestling teamalready in Huntington for tourney at Big Sandy Arena.

Is River Valley at Gallipolis still on for Saturday night?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Zane Trace @ Southeastern and Westfall @ Unioto will be made up 1/31
Logan @ Chillicothe is postponed til Tuesday.

Huntington @ Piketon is ON

32, 16, 6
JV Team

Post by 32, 16, 6 »

Warren Gallia makeup game is Feb 7. ( as per Pegasus)

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Huntington 34
Piketon 25

Piketon closes on a 6-0 run. Piketon can't board with the Huntsmen so far.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Huntington 68
Piketon 58

Piketon took a 47-46 lead at the end of the 3rd. Magill had a monster game off the Huntsmen bench.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... a few more scores ...

Bloom Carroll 61
Circleville 35

Logan Elm 54
Amanda CC 42

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... let's get that Ironton score over on the Elite 8 thread as well ...

Ironton 72
GreenUp Ky 26

... Coach LaFon's Fighting Tigers avenged and then some last weeks loss to this same "foreign" team from across the river ... that losing effort was 57-62 Greenup ...

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... thanks Tobias ... a good win on the road for the Trojans ... the Ironmen are tough to beat in the Apple City ...

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”