Pfloyd's Preseason Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio 09.10

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Pfloyd's Preseason Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio 09.10

Post by pfloyd »

... The news of my demise has been GREATLY exaggerated ... just as that of some of the elite programs Below the Lancaster-Dixon Line ... as we will see the cream will once again rise to the top as the 2009-10 season unfolds with the "programs" that have developed over the past 5 or more seasons finding their "hoops legs" , with the "TEAMS" showing why their head men are the mentors "student athletes" WANT to play for ...

... the weights are being pumped, running, those hoops shoes are being laced up , the cobwebs are being dusted off the nylon nets ... October ALWAYS has me breaking out the previous years "napkin stats" looking over the rosters of those teams that made a run to the Convo last season ... more importantly it is when old Pfloyd's Ouija Board comes back down off the shelf ... I'm sure in the coming weeks the "committee of one - me" will be refining it's "Preseason" picks -especially after the "gurus' from around Southern/Southeast Ohio chime in with that all important "inside info" - the who's playing, who's not playing, who - wait for it - "TRANSFERRED" to where from where , yadda yadda yadda ... sooooooooooooo Pfloyd IS around ( although some in the immediate area are trying in earnest to stop my posting ) - my plans ARE to be around, to post the Elite 8 , to do what we ask of all the teams in the second season no matter the sport - ignore the "naysayers" and "survive and advance" ... that is what I will do ...

... here you go hoops fans Below the Line ... Pfloyd's Pre-Season Elite 8 of Southern/Southeast Ohio 2009-2010 ...

1. Wheelersburg

2. Warren

3. Chesapeake

4. Logan Elm

5. Zane Trace

6. Piketon

7. Chillicothe

8. Peebles

... teams that the committee is taking a closer look at in the preseason - Treehugger Wannabees and Teams on the End Table (in no order other than "I jotted them down on a yellow napkin" this way while having breakfast at McD's this morning lol) ...

Hillsboro
Oak Hill
Waverly
Reedsville Eastern
Lucasville Valley
Minford
Vinton County
Ironton
Gallia Academy
Logan
Greenfield McClain
South Point
Athens
Alexander
Circleville
North Adams
Southern
Manchester
Eastern/Western Pike
Northwest
Trimble

... that should be enough to get Southern Ohio "chatting" for a few ... I will keep looking over the "napkin stats" from last season , adding and taking away from "THE" List ... looking forward to running into the "regulars" around Southern Ohio ...

Last edited by pfloyd on Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Re: Pfloyd's Preseason Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio ...

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

Always love reading your Elite 8. I can tell you one thing, watch out for Waverly to move up onto your list. They are good. Would love to see my Senators on your list but as expected it could be another long year!

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Preseason Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio 09.10

Post by pfloyd »

... some of the usual early season "get-togethers" ... get our first looks at some of the teams around Southern/Southeast Ohio :

The annual Holzer Clinic Invitational will be held @ the Convo on December 12,2009. Below is the schedule:

9:00 Federal Hocking vs Oak Hill (Girls)
10:45 Eastern Brown vs Fairland (Boys)
12:30 Chesapeake vs Waverly (Boys)
2:15 Alexander vs Amanda Clearcreek (Girls)
4:00 Alexander vs North Adams (Boys)
5:45 John Glenn vs Vinton County (Boys)
7:30 Peebles vs Zane Trace (Boys)
9:15 Eastern (Meigs) vs Huntington Ross (Boys)

... anyone have a lineup for the Zane Trace Tip-Off Classic this year ??? ...

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Don't know the whole lineup at ZT, pfloyd, but can tell you a few of the games.
Friday
4:45 pm - Piketon vs. Hillsboro
6 pm - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers...aka... Bloom-Carroll vs. Zane Trace
8pm - Logan Elm vs. Waverly
Those are three very nice ballgames right there.

Saturday
4:30pm - Westfall vs. Greenfield

As always, there is a chilly feel in the air up here in the Northwest Territory. We'll let you know when the white stuff starts flying. Cooler weather is on the way and with it, hoops time as the drive to the Convo for a little 'Basketball 30' begins.

Kickinurz
Freshman Team

Post by Kickinurz »

How sweet it is to see that purple hippo smackin' that a..!

Good to see you back Pfloyd!

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Waverly adds Peake and Logan Elm to their non conference schedule this year. Looks like Travis is beefing up the schedule. The Tigers should be fun to watch this year. Everyone knows about Roback, Martin, Kretzer, Remy & Kelly but very few if any have seen Johnston. I can't wait to see the kid in action. I also hear Malone and Conley will be lacing them up this year.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

gahs4ever wrote:^^^^^You ought to see what they do to Santa Claus in Logan. Dress him up in a purple suit and make him give out purple candy canes! :122246 Is nothing sacred anymore? That just aint right! :roll:

I think this fellow passed away before last year.

bucking red
Varsity

Post by bucking red »

Pfloyd watchout for the Vikings of Symmes Valley and Mr. Tibbs is a force to be reckoned with. They play the Oaks at home early in the season should be a good indication of how good they could be. :aaaaa11

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Symmes Valley should be great. Carpenter has a loaded team this year.

FLASH-G
Riding the Bench

Post by FLASH-G »

tigers2010onhuddle wrote:Waverly adds Peake and Logan Elm to their non conference schedule this year. Looks like Travis is beefing up the schedule. The Tigers should be fun to watch this year. Everyone knows about Roback, Martin, Kretzer, Remy & Kelly but very few if any have seen Johnston. I can't wait to see the kid in action. I also hear Malone and Conley will be lacing them up this year.

Why did Waverly droped Vinton County

Winchell
JV Team

Post by Winchell »

mattash wrote:Symmes Valley should be great. Carpenter has a loaded team this year.

I don't think Carpenter is there anymore is he? Didn't Jerome Fuller get the job?

Eaglesnest
All State

Post by Eaglesnest »

winchell wrote:
mattash wrote:Symmes Valley should be great. Carpenter has a loaded team this year.

I don't think Carpenter is there anymore is he? Didn't Jerome Fuller get the job?

I heard Carpenter was non-renewed? Who is Jerom Fuller and where did he come from?

And yes, I agree that Symmes Valley should be loaded this season in D4. Still, I look for Eastern Pike to get their name kicked around on Pfloyds list some this season! This should be an exciting year of hoops in southersn Ohio!

Sports 101
Varsity

Post by Sports 101 »

Maybe i am a little biased...but i would think Piketon should be a head of Zane Trace.. :122245

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

pfloyd: I am not making any predictions about the Trojans this year........we have questions that need to be answered.........we have to post W's to get our credibility back........we are one of the mystery teams in the SE District.......and I like it that way.........

GO TROJANS!!!

Cameron34Crazie34
All State

Post by Cameron34Crazie34 »

trojandave wrote:pfloyd: I am not making any predictions about the Trojans this year........we have questions that need to be answered.........we have to post W's to get our credibility back........we are one of the mystery teams in the SE District.......and I like it that way.........

GO TROJANS!!!

And I hope you guys answer all of the questions. I really enjoyed watching the Trojans last year any night that my Siders wasn't playing. I'll be pulling for you Trojans! GOOD LUCK TO THEM AND ALL AREA TEAMS.

GO SIDERS!

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Cameron34Crazie34: I hope your Senators have a better year.......as faithful as you are, you deserve to have more to cheer for........

I really am excited about Coach Collins and what his plans are for our basketball program.........look for a lot of full court pressure this year........but no predictions on our record.......

Kickinurz
Freshman Team

Post by Kickinurz »

This is not 2008. On paper ZT is a little better than Piketon, but maybe their not , thats why they play the games.

job 2:10
Waterboy

Post by job 2:10 »

If your school is in the top eight how about listing possible starters and contributing players, or an outlook for your team. Pfloyd, this is always my favorite topic on SEOP, thanks for keeping us informed.

eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Returning starters for Piketon, Evan Legg 6'2" PG JR might be one of the top guards in the area. Caleb Southworth 6'5" SR F, rangy and good defender and rebounder. Keenan Brush 6'5" Jr F, rangy and can finish around the bucket and good shot blocker.

Played considerably at the varsity level, Jared Vulgamore 5'9" Jr G, was perhaps the hero of the Regional finals game. Jamie Helton 6'0" F Jr, good defender and strong around the bucket. James Lewis 5'9" Sr G, good defender and ball handler.

Some holes to fill, but a solid core to work around.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Eaglesnest wrote:
winchell wrote:

I heard Carpenter was non-renewed? Who is Jerom Fuller and where did he come from?

And yes, I agree that Symmes Valley should be loaded this season in D4. Still, I look for Eastern Pike to get their name kicked around on Pfloyds list some this season! This should be an exciting year of hoops in southersn Ohio!

It's a shame Carpenter is not back. He has every record at SV. He has also never had a loosing season.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”