Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #8

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
Dundas
SEOPS

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #8

Post by Dundas »

tvc_fan wrote:Here is my thoughts and my thoughts about the whole excusing the VC Vikings of a loss.
Lets be reminded that just not only did they lose to a d3 school in Alexander who has only really beat Trimble to brag about.

And just 7 days earlier Meigs took it down to the wire and Vikings only won by 8, not sure of the shooting percentages in this one. And who have We the Meigs Marauders really beat to brag about? just the few teams no one knows anything about in Alabama. and we beat Alexander.

So you all are looking at the percentages and praising the Vikings...Sorry but they aren't playing good ball, not good enough to make it to State. They may beat us by 30 the next matchup and everyone expects that...But right now they have dropped in the level of playing great ball.

Remember, these are 15-18 year old kids. When your margins of victory is 22 ppg and really haven't been tested in your first 10+ games, I could see where the "we're invincible" thought could be entering their heads. Plus I don't think you're giving your own Marauders enough credit. I was very impressed with them. Also Alexander. The spartans played dang near perfect and the earned that win over VC. One other thing to keep in mind is the fact that VC hasn't won at the alley since 2012. So there is a mental aspect, for whatever reason, when VC travels to Albany. I do disagree with you, however, on the statement that VC can't make it to state. Obviously they are taking it one game at a time, but with the fact that the DII Logan sectional sends 4 teams to the districts, VC will face a SE Disteict team all the way up until the regional final. One win away from the state final 4. Name me a team in the SED that VC can't beat? I think VC would have a chance to beat anyone in the SED personally. Obviously they will face some stiff competition, and I'm not saying VC will be in the final 4. I'm saying that they would have a good chance to make it at least to the regional final and have 1 game left at history.

Rankings are great as always Floyd!

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Dundas wrote:
tvc_fan wrote:Here is my thoughts and my thoughts about the whole excusing the VC Vikings of a loss.
Lets be reminded that just not only did they lose to a d3 school in Alexander who has only really beat Trimble to brag about.

And just 7 days earlier Meigs took it down to the wire and Vikings only won by 8, not sure of the shooting percentages in this one. And who have We the Meigs Marauders really beat to brag about? just the few teams no one knows anything about in Alabama. and we beat Alexander.

So you all are looking at the percentages and praising the Vikings...Sorry but they aren't playing good ball, not good enough to make it to State. They may beat us by 30 the next matchup and everyone expects that...But right now they have dropped in the level of playing great ball.

Remember, these are 15-18 year old kids. When your margins of victory is 22 ppg and really haven't been tested in your first 10+ games, I could see where the "we're invincible" thought could be entering their heads. Plus I don't think you're giving your own Marauders enough credit. I was very impressed with them. Also Alexander. The spartans played dang near perfect and the earned that win over VC. One other thing to keep in mind is the fact that VC hasn't won at the alley since 2012. So there is a mental aspect, for whatever reason, when VC travels to Albany. I do disagree with you, however, on the statement that VC can't make it to state. Obviously they are taking it one game at a time, but with the fact that the DII Logan sectional sends 4 teams to the districts, VC will face a SE Disteict team all the way up until the regional final. One win away from the state final 4. Name me a team in the SED that VC can't beat? I think VC would have a chance to beat anyone in the SED personally. Obviously they will face some stiff competition, and I'm not saying VC will be in the final 4. I'm saying that they would have a good chance to make it at least to the regional final and have 1 game left at history.

Rankings are great as always Floyd!

I am just surprised at the people making it out that, they are unstoppable and when they get beat by a team that has maybe 2 wins against winning teams. And yes Meigs does play good ball, but not gonna kid myself, we need to get better. We have only beat ONE team locally with a winning record and that's NY in which is 1-5 in TVC-OHIO....I love My Marauders, but don't have the rose colored glasses on.

I will definitely be supporting any TVC Team to make it to The Final Four. I am not dissing them at all. Just don't think they should be made invincible, when it's apparent something is going on and they need to get it figured out, In which we know they will.

Percentages don't matter...Wins and Losses do!!!

And I'm definitely not saying anything about these rankings, I think they look great.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

93Bulldog wrote:You dirty dog putting Logan one spot ahead of Athens. Lol
I see the 'Dog is suffering from purple envy. Logan has a better resume than Athens. ;)

Nice list pfloyd.

BTW...Circleville is 5-9.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Bud07 wrote:I'm surprised that Fairfield Union didn't get into the #2 spot this week with the big win over Bloom-Carroll and Vinton County with a not so good loss.
Common opponent of Logan doesn't bode well for fu, imo, in these rankings. Think fu at 3 is fair.

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

another great rankings from the king, glad to see Portsmouth hang in there after a loss to Gallia,Ironton and Coal Grove visit this week, Go get em Trojans!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Make no mistake, floyd is only punishing me & the bulldogs because I didnt vote for Trump. darn chieftains! Lol

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Little disappointed to see my Blue Devils at 34. They have 2 road wins against top 20 teams.. lost on a last second 3 at Jackson..

It is ok all will work out in the end.. I think the butt kicking they took at hands of fairland was very good for them.. They have been much more intense since then.. They still have a chance to avenge each lost they have had.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

svac83 wrote:Little disappointed to see my Blue Devils at 34. They have 2 road wins against top 20 teams.. lost on a last second 3 at Jackson..

It is ok all will work out in the end.. I think the butt kicking they took at hands of fairland was very good for them.. They have been much more intense since then.. They still have a chance to avenge each lost they have had.
Meigs and who else?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

thanks fer sharing to my facebook page big guy.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

South Webster is 8-5

Tough, tough week with #22 Wheelersburg, #23 Waverly, and @ #15 Clay all on schedule this week.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Skiisme
All Conference

Post by Skiisme »

So, I guess tvc_fan is trying to make his point that Meigs beat Alexander. Let me ask you this question, since you are always trying to downgrade the Vikings. When your Meigs team played Alexander, did Alexander shoot near 70% from the floor? Did they shoot 50% from 3 point land? Did Ryan Davidson, who averages 4 points a game, go 9/9 and score 23 against you? I doubt it. VC is one of the strongest teams in this area and they do have a chance at making it to the final 4. When you are undefeated, every team comes at you with all they have. Alex, obviously had their best game of the season Friday night. They won on a last second shot. Just shows what a team has to do to beat the Vikings. You have to bring your A game. Anything less and you will lose.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Skiisme wrote:So, I guess tvc_fan is trying to make his point that Meigs beat Alexander. Let me ask you this question, since you are always trying to downgrade the Vikings. When your Meigs team played Alexander, did Alexander shoot near 70% from the floor? Did they shoot 50% from 3 point land? Did Ryan Davidson, who averages 4 points a game, go 9/9 and score 23 against you? I doubt it. VC is one of the strongest teams in this area and they do have a chance at making it to the final 4. When you are undefeated, every team comes at you with all they have. Alex, obviously had their best game of the season Friday night. They won on a last second shot. Just shows what a team has to do to beat the Vikings. You have to bring your A game. Anything less and you will lose.
Not anywhere in my post was I saying a thing about us beating Alex, I'm kind of giving Alex a little more credit for more then their shooting percentage, takes defensive pressure and what not to make the other team shoot a worse percentage.

If you read correctly, I wasn't even making Meigs out to look good, possibly why I said we have only beat one team up here (NY) that has a winning record.

They shot 70% so and so was 9/9, Your a great team, maybe after he hit say 4 or 5 adjust and get in his face. Make him alter his shot, force him to pass to someone that is only shooting 70% and not 100%.

Absolutely no disrespect for the Vikings, but give Alex some credit despite shooting 70%, Cause it was VC that couldn't stop it.

Bud07
Freshman Team

Post by Bud07 »

IMO Logan played their best game of the year when they played FU and no doubt FU played their worst, but I didn't here anyone makin excuses for FU when they lost like oh they just shot really well or its a tough place to play and both are the case. The only difference is Logan is D1 and Alexander is D3. I do agree that VC beat Logan handily, but let's not diminish the fact that FU is getting everyone's best shot night in and night out. And that is with a much better schedule than VC is playing. But hey time will tell and I'd love to see the match up in a district final or a regional.

Bud07
Freshman Team

Post by Bud07 »

PS: I believe VC is also getting everyone's best shot. I meant that both teams are. Sorry for the miscommunication.

TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

Reedsville RT 7 Eastern fell clear of the list this week.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Cavs back in the top 8!!!! Love to see this and I know they have earned it.

Go Cavs

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

Fu did not play that bad at Logan . They are a very good team and should do well in the tourney . Give Logan a little credit in the out come because they played well and they executed their game plan . That may have been the case at Alex . On a given night an average team can give a really good team fits . Such things as shooting 70% , where the game is played , injuries, health issues ( everyone dealing with Flu ) changing defenses and momentum stoppers can affect the score. That's why you see upsets . I think VC and FU would be a very good game and hoping to see it in Feb. High school sports are the best and I enjoy the discussions on SEOP. Thanks all and good luck to your teams.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

... not bad over 1500 hits in less than 24 hours ...

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

Ironman92 wrote:
svac83 wrote:Little disappointed to see my Blue Devils at 34. They have 2 road wins against top 20 teams.. lost on a last second 3 at Jackson..

Meigs and who else?
Portsmouth

sportsmom20
Riding the Bench

Post by sportsmom20 »

VC is tough to beat! Great group of kids. Seems though whenever my dogs play them they shoot 60% plus from the field and usually when we are playing them at our house, go figure. Sounds like they were on the other end of that Friday night at Alex

GO Dogs! #20 biggest fan and pretty fond of the Coach too :lol:

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”