Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #9

Check out archives of Pfloyd's Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio
93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Re: Pfloyd's Elite 8 of Southern/SouthEast Ohio Week #9

Post by 93Bulldog »

The long playoff run in 2013 vs good teams & the two regular season games vs Stubenville & Zanesville in 2014 is what propelled Athens to the state championship at the shoe. Without those games vs tri valley, Marion Franklin, steubenville & zanesville - not to mention shawnee & thurgood marshall in 2012 - athens would have never made it. Nobody will ever be able to convince me otherwise.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

All of our teams from the TVC who either made it to the finals or won the whole thing experienced long tournament runs, vs stout competition from outside the district, the previous year. Plus had stiff challanges during the regular season the year they made it. Waterford girls lost to D1 Parkersburg before winning state, Eastern girls lost to D1 Huntington the year they won it. Both faced phenomenal teams the year before when they made it to The Schott. No offense to our Vikes, but they've played one good team from outside the district in two years, John Glenn, and got crushed. All im saying is, would it have been a bad thing to schedule a DeSales, a Parkersburg or a Westerville North instead of Logan, Jackson & Maysville?

Chieftain2009
SEOPS HOF

Post by Chieftain2009 »

93Bulldog wrote:Tvc-fan ... im just messin with my vc friends. I like their team, coach & fan base & will be rooting for them in march. No. 1 seed, even district championship are great. How will the vikes do vs Columbus South or DeSales remains to be seen. Logan & Miami Trace dont prepare you for that kind of size & speed.
I would disagree with that comment about Logan. Logan has starters at 6'6, 6'4, 6'4, 6'2 and 5'11. DeSales beat Logan by 1 point in a game the Chiefs probably should have won as they led most of the game.

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Ok, legit point. How bout replace one of the 50 SVC teams they play with DeSales or another D2 columbus team.

And logan is still in their 'comfort zone' chieftain fan. A southeast district school 20 miles up the road that they play every year.

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

Look Dog I was going to stay out of this but you mentioned Chieftain Fan so I will say 2 things . You are bored for sure cause I think Logan would welcome the chance the next couple of years to play YOUR BULLDOGS and who has Athens beat in the top 8 .Not going to joist with you cause I know you are Bulldog Fan AND I'm Chieftain fan . Beside that I 'm going to place a gigantic twizzler order. Also I cannot find anyone that made that call to cancel a home and home series .

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Chieftain Fan ... have you had the opportunity to get a glance at the possible Logan Hoops schedule for next season ? ... when Logan played at Warren - I HEARD an "in the know" Warren person say they thought Warren would not be on the schedule ... Athens isn't on it THIS year I can't see the powers that be or Coach Rider "wasting" (my word not anyone close to Cheiftain hoops) a home & home with a SEOhio team (ie Athens, Warren , Vinton County, Jackson ...) as the focus is Central District opponents it would appear ... I get it - your school plays in the Central District Post Season Party you need to get used to THAT type of competition ...

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

93Bulldog wrote:The long playoff run in 2013 vs good teams & the two regular season games vs Stubenville & Zanesville in 2014 is what propelled Athens to the state championship at the shoe. Without those games vs tri valley, Marion Franklin, steubenville & zanesville - not to mention shawnee & thurgood marshall in 2012 - athens would have never made it. Nobody will ever be able to convince me otherwise.

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

How about that 74-55 playoff win over Logan Elm? Defense was optional.

;)

Was that more high scoring than the basketball game that year between the Braves and Bulldogs?

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

No I have not seen a 2017-2018 schedule but I'm not sure it is final . May be a lot speculation . My response was to Dog in his call out on the Chieftain all in good humor . You are right the Chiefs should look north for a number of reasons . I agree that the schedule will most likely be Central District heavy unless Logan gets in a league. Matchups like Logan /Warren Logan /Vinton County excites people good schools , Good Kids and good coaches .

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote:Ha! Athens would beat Logan twice. Its a shame they called & said they didnt want to play us anymore!

:)

... don't put the "pink slip" on the Bulldogs beating Logan TWICE ?!! it would be a tough .500 split with this year Logan squad let alone NEXT years Purple & White team ... I know what Athens has returning - ALL upside for sure ... Logan will have MORE upside than your Bulldogs imo as well as being deeper than this year Logan's squad ...

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

pfloyd wrote:Chieftain Fan ... have you had the opportunity to get a glance at the possible Logan Hoops schedule for next season ? ... when Logan played at Warren - I HEARD an "in the know" Warren person say they thought Warren would not be on the schedule ... Athens isn't on it THIS year I can't see the powers that be or Coach Rider "wasting" (my word not anyone close to Cheiftain hoops) a home & home with a SEOhio team (ie Athens, Warren , Vinton County, Jackson ...) as the focus is Central District opponents it would appear ... I get it - your school plays in the Central District Post Season Party you need to get used to THAT type of competition ...

Some of Logan's schedule for 2017-18.
http://arbiterlive.com/Teams/Schedule/6265750

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

pfloyd wrote:
93Bulldog wrote:Ha! Athens would beat Logan twice. Its a shame they called & said they didnt want to play us anymore!

... don't put the "pink slip" on the Bulldogs beating Logan TWICE ?!! it would be a tough .500 split with this year Logan squad let alone NEXT years Purple & White team ... I know what Athens has returning - ALL upside for sure ... Logan will have MORE upside than your Bulldogs imo as well as being deeper than this year Logan's squad ...

Do you really think I'd admit to Athens LOSING to Logan???

EVER???

lol

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

Thanks Floyd did not know anything was set . That's why I follow you on SEOP. The Start looks good for sure.

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

My mistake thanks bman !

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

Thanks bman ! looks like the Purple have not totally cut ties with the SE District - Athens, Unioto, Vinton County ... No Warren in the mix ? ... No Fairfield Union ? ... I wouldn't be surprised if the teams that play currently in the Logan D2 Sectional go to the SE District board and ask for the site to be moved - IF they can't get on the Logan Gym during the regular season teams like Sheridan, Marietta, Meigs, New Lex, Logan Elm, FU, Warren - not being able to schedule with Logan will be a deal breaker for Logan being a Sectional Site imo ...especially if Logan selectively schedules Athens/Vinton County only (and that's just for next year not 2 years out) ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Nobody can get on the convo floor either, but that doesnt mean they will move the district tourney. Lol

Your fine, floyd. Logan will never lose that sectional. Of all the sites, the palace fits its teams the best. Perfect size, perfect location. Not to far south for le, fu or sheridan. Not to far north for warren & marietta. Vc, athens, new lex are pretty close.

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

I look for FU and some of the other SEO to continue to schedule Logan if possible. Not to many Central teams want to travel farther than the out belt and I can not blame them .That may free up some dates . Location and facility is in Logans favor in keeping the sectional. Is there a complete 2017-2018 schedule for any teams yet and if so what is the site?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

The only other viable option would be wellston. And coaches would love it! They could just jump in their cars, swing over to jackson & scout the other sectional. And vice versa.

pfloyd
SEOPS HOF

Post by pfloyd »

93Bulldog wrote:
pfloyd wrote:

Do you really think I'd admit to Athens LOSING to Logan???

EVER???

lol

... What was I thinking ?!!! ... smh - it's all about THE "t-shirt" (ie. your special message t-shirt for the Logan faithful from your younger years) ...

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

Nothing says 'punk' more than a 12 year old kid wearing a 'Luck Fogan' shirt!

lol

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

pfloyd wrote:Thanks bman ! looks like the Purple have not totally cut ties with the SE District - Athens, Unioto, Vinton County ... No Warren in the mix ? ... No Fairfield Union ? ... I wouldn't be surprised if the teams that play currently in the Logan D2 Sectional go to the SE District board and ask for the site to be moved - IF they can't get on the Logan Gym during the regular season teams like Sheridan, Marietta, Meigs, New Lex, Logan Elm, FU, Warren - not being able to schedule with Logan will be a deal breaker for Logan being a Sectional Site imo ...especially if Logan selectively schedules Athens/Vinton County only (and that's just for next year not 2 years out) ...

I would assume Logan's schedule is further along than what it shows on that site. I've noticed over time that schools are slow posting schedules to a system like that. If you check back late spring, you're probably see 3/4ths or more of Logan's schedule up by then.

Return to “Pfloyd’s Elite 8 for Southern/SouthEast Ohio”